How Many Artists Play This Game?

I am a wannabe artist, never had proper training and tried to rush into painting.   Don't have the "gift" but I will persevere.   That and compromised vision has made me deeply appreciative of the artwork in this game.    I had always appreciated beauty but we all do so on different levels, and I found myself playing this game aware of the visual atmospherics in a general sense, that has changed.

Built a Great Tree Trunk within my base, the shadow it casts during sunlight is spectacular, it is that cool place you go to when the sun is strong at noon, I can almost feel a breeze blowing.   Combat is fun but it is the base building, traveling by boat and bringing light to dark areas that excites me.

4 hours ago, Mencken said:

I am a wannabe artist, never had proper training and tried to rush into painting.   Don't have the "gift" but I will persevere.   That and compromised vision has made me deeply appreciative of the artwork in this game.    I had always appreciated beauty but we all do so on different levels, and I found myself playing this game aware of the visual atmospherics in a general sense, that has changed.

Built a Great Tree Trunk within my base, the shadow it casts during sunlight is spectacular, it is that cool place you go to when the sun is strong at noon, I can almost feel a breeze blowing.   Combat is fun but it is the base building, traveling by boat and bringing light to dark areas that excites me.

There is a branch with art

Don't Starve, and Don't Starve Together have had a huge inspirational impact on me in my art! This game definitely inspired me to pursue a light-hearted horror art style. :wilson_love:

Warms my heart to see other aspiring artists here aaaa!

13 hours ago, Mencken said:

Don't have the "gift" but I will persevere. 

This is the exact mentality to have. Natural talent can only get someone so far, passion and effort will carry you further! Keep at it and I know you'll do great! I believe in ya! 

hi, in fact i do myself arts aswell, to start i would suggest trying out to draw a character, take a reference of said character and try to draw the lines where you think would work, maybe start with face only, and later you could try out doin some basic background stuff, with that i would try so that some of the screen you draw is a visible sky to show it perspective, and try drawing some random trees in front of the sky so to say, trying to copy an artstyle like dontstarves is difficult to do so just draw how you think it can work, and dont wory about shading and lightin for now, that takes more time and work to do at first, later you could try to do some basic shading, like using a darker color for where you think shading makes sense, not pure black, that looks bad

Archived