Might I suggest that WIlson's rework consist of something he has to... "earn"? This way, if a player wants to keep playing Wilson as the default blank slate, they can, and for the players who want Wilson to do something more interesting, they can go out of their way to do that?

Not sure how the rework would exactly pan out, but this way both parties are satisfied?

9 hours ago, ThymeSpirit said:

So a boring nobody whose only purpose is to be an optional tutorial character. Why do you want that to be part of the game again?

I play him frequently when I don't want to use any powers, and he's currently the number one played character overall. Let me ask you an equally valid question as your biased only-what-I-like-matters one: what's the point of having characters other than Wilson without large downsides? I think everyone's downsides should be on par with Warly & Wormwood, except for Wilson. Should the entire game change to suit my one vision? Should all 18 characters be exactly what I want because I can't settle with playing only a handful? Because you seem to think that only having 17 characters to choose from isn't enough and all 18 should be the same.

6 hours ago, KM_Harrowick said:

Might I suggest that WIlson's rework consist of something he has to... "earn"? This way, if a player wants to keep playing Wilson as the default blank slate, they can, and for the players who want Wilson to do something more interesting, they can go out of their way to do that?

Not sure how the rework would exactly pan out, but this way both parties are satisfied?

Why do you want to "earn" something as Wilson? If you want a power you already have 17 characters to choose from. Wickerbottom earns her power, she's a perfect fit for you.

7 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why do you want to "earn" something as Wilson? If you want a power you already have 17 characters to choose from. Wickerbottom earns her power, she's a perfect fit for you.

Ah I suppose you're right, if I find Wilson boring it doesn't mean others don't. I just like the potential of Wilson's absurd psuedo-science, such as the meat effigy. Only someone like Wilson would come up with wooden replica stuffed with meat as a method to bring one back from the dead.

Who knows if Wilson even is the last rework, they did word it weird in the roadmap: image.png.903f24233d2fd884d80f3f36f99efd5a.png

Why make the W seem so secretive if it was going to be obvious after WX and Wicker?

On 11/29/2022 at 10:04 AM, ThymeSpirit said:

So a boring nobody whose only purpose is to be an optional tutorial character. Why do you want that to be part of the game again?

DS(T) has a weird habit of attributing difficulty sliders to characters instead of creating a server toggle that disables character perks. i guess it cant be helped and we're just waiting for wilson to get a whole lot of nothing like wes

Give him a chemistry set that he can make potions at. Make the recipes for potions randomly generated so that you have to experiment to find the recipes in each new world. Successful potions can heal or replicate buffs and effects from other items or characters. Failed potions can replicate negative effects or outright harm you. Potions must be consumed to identify their effect.  No other changes to character.

Now there is something science related in keeping with his lore that Wilson can bring to the table, but has balanced effects and doesn't require interaction for those interested in a vanilla experience.

11 hours ago, Nolgore said:

Give him a chemistry set that he can make potions at. Make the recipes for potions randomly generated so that you have to experiment to find the recipes in each new world. Successful potions can heal or replicate buffs and effects from other items or characters. Failed potions can replicate negative effects or outright harm you. Potions must be consumed to identify their effect.  No other changes to character.

Wow I love the idea of pseudo random recipes. A couple of simple recipes that'd keep people going out to grab varied stuff for some simple buffs and utilities would be nice. Of course only some items could appear. We don't want to teach people to waste mandrakes and thulecite.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:14 AM, GreenBowers said:

Could give him the mad scientist crafts from hallowed nights and call it a day, probably. 

aka do nothing and keep him a boring corpse that no one except people who like to 'challenge' themselves pick (wes is better at this already)

On 11/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, KM_Harrowick said:

This is pretty much what the concept was supposed to be

Archived