[Game Update] - 530962

Just now, edulopes said:

picking things from the ground faster dont overcome the advantages of mass merm groups

?? im not even answering you

dont compare wasting 1 nf to have versatile gatherers vs needing several days to create a merm kingdoom that needs food (more time to gather it than gathering few NF) plus wurt is about followers

would be weird and absurd if grinding followers were beaten by maxwell with his day 1 perks...

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

i will never go with this idea, not until wurt exists

i am sorry

i shall say versatile rather than best since merms cant help cleaning a gekko farm filled with many stacks of grass, they dont shovel and they are more expensive to set up and keep

and more now that maxwell shadows are tied to an certain spot making them slower that they were pre rework compared to wurt's capabilities
maxwell and wurt can only be compared using palm cone trees that dosent spawn any tree guards, making it safer and faster for him, but normall forest chopping+ mining is betterĀ  for wurt

but yeah as i said i invested hard on my merms, 90+, you cant do that as maxwell can you?Ā 
and now that shadow prision isnt a consistent thing anymore, maxwell becomes again obsolete do you understand my point?

Yea mean access to world altering books, superior harvesting abilities, extremely cheap followers, cc abilities, and passive sanity regen with special gear synergies. Seems pretty obsolete to me.:)

• Like 1

Just now, edulopes said:

and more now that maxwell shadows are tied to an certain spot making them slower that they were pre rework compared to wurt's capabilities
maxwell and wurt can only be compared using palm cone trees that dosent spawn any tree guards, making it safer and faster for him, but normall forest chopping+ mining is betterĀ  for wurt

how they are slowed now when you can summon more than just 3?

2 hours ago, HanTears said:

I don't like this change, it prevents players from cooperating, and when a new player is fighting shadow creatures, I can only watch him die. When I'm playing with new players, I can't get the Nightmare Amulet before they get attacked by shadow creatures.
We should not increase the difficulty of other players (especially new players) because of the rework of a character. Last time QOL added a design that is more friendly to novices, so I think this change needs more consideration.

100% this.

Just let us ctrl-attack nightmare creatures at any sanity level. Problem solved.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

So we're going up against raid bosses without any equipment tiers and it's bad that it's low in that that specific scenario? Why?

Because dear boy we have minionless characters that can literally no exaggeration speedrun Raid Bosses at day 2 and kill them faster and safer than Maxwell can with his finnicky shadows and pathetic health pool.

EDIT: With minimal gear requirement i might add.

What is balance anymore?

Edited by ALCRD
  • Big Ups 1

Just now, Mysterious box said:

world altering books

why use max if you have wicker? :DĀ 
Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

superior harvesting abilities

wurt is better

Ā 

extremely cheap followers

true

Ā 

and passive sanity regen

read wicker books as wurt :DĀ use tham o shanter

Just now, ALCRD said:

Because dear boy we have minionless characters that can literally no exaggeration speedrun Raid Bosses at day 2 faster and safer than Maxwell can with his finnicky shadows and pathetic health pool.

do you mean wolfgang which cant beat other maxwell perks. I think wolf should be buffed to destroy every resource in one hit and have passive lazy forager cuz his big head has gravity that atracts items arround him, Also bosses should be stunned by the fear of his muscles, is unfair that he cant beat maxwell's gathering perks and crowd control spells

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

tankes more time than nf...

a NF farm takes at least changing caracter to winona to do catapults, or need houdious shotious ( bunnyman)
kelp you just need to go to lunar islandĀ  plant and give wow

1 minute ago, GamePlayer42 said:

i guess maxwell has alot more utility when he has wickers books

to make an use that is more than 2 you will need serval sanity food, lunar island or bone helm

meanwhile wicker just kick it off with some cactus and or kelp,Ā 

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

do you mean wolfgang which cant beat other maxwell perks. I think wolf should be buffed to destroy every resource in one hit and have passive lazy forager cuz his big head has gravity that atracts items arround him, Also bosses should be stunned by the fear of his muscles, is unfair that he cant beat maxwell's gathering perks and crowd control spells

So we come full circle Maxwell is still mostly just a gatherer char / jack of all trades master of none.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Haha 1

Just now, edulopes said:

a NF farm takes at least changing caracter to winona to do catapults, or need houdious shotious ( bunnyman)

who sets up bunny farms anymore. i dont want to make this resource intensive farm for a singular resource which can be obrained easier in different ways#

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

or you get it passively

to hire 5 merms for time enough you need 5 kelp while maxwell needs 1 nf to summon 5 workers. NF comes at you cleaning the ruins while you need to waste time to pick kelp

plus merms needs to see you doing an action to start working while you dont waste that inventory slot as wurt

They are very different and strong in different states of the game, there is no point of comparing cheap workers with medium to late armies

to make an use that is more than 2 you will need serval sanity food, lunar island or bone helm

meanwhile wicker just kick it off with some cactus and or kelp,Ā 

when did the maxwell reading wickers books get nerfed?

Ā 

3 minutes ago, GamePlayer42 said:

who sets up bunny farms anymore. i dont want to make this resource intensive farm for a singular resource which can be obrained easier in different ways#

so how you will mass farm nigthmare fuel? besides killing nigthmare creatures left and rigth

that takes more time than a beardlord farm

1 minute ago, GamePlayer42 said:

when did the maxwell reading wickers books get nerfed?

Ā 

since wicker's rework

Just now, GamePlayer42 said:

mmm monkey

image.png.3b549fad74794f56e5c8b7fd431ff47c.pngimage.png.e49dbed1555a32d261659284c97a11b1.png

Why monkey?

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

or you get it passively

to hire 5 merms for time enough you need 5 kelp while maxwell needs 1 nf to summon 5 workers. NF comes at you cleaning the ruins while you need to waste time to pick kelp

plus merms needs to see you doing an action to start working while you dont waste that inventory slot as wurt

They are very different and strong in different states of the game, there is no point of comparing cheap workers with medium to late armies

no no no, with one kelp you hire 5 merms remember wurt rework my bro my brooooo

you just need to fake chop once and they will do it all

• Like 1