[Game Update] - 530962

19 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

So 4 to 6 minions doing 20 damage is tickle damage?

(Not arguing anything here, just sharing :))
I got curious about this so I did some damage tests against AG with 20 dmg duelists:

• Invisible Maxwell constantly resummoning 6 duelists: 3 minutes 51 seconds
  • Godmode Wilson with an axe: 2 minutes 52 seconds
  • Godmode Maxwell constantly resummoning 6 duelists and punching: 2 minutes 34 seconds

So, less DPS than an axe without attack speed, or slightly more DPS than an axe with attack speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

3 minutes ago, GamePlayer42 said:

mmm monkey

plus you dont need mass amounts frequently so passive farming is a go to

if you want to shadow prision, and do some bossing you will need serval fuel ...

Just now, GamePlayer42 said:

cant this just be negated by lunar island?

as i quoted lunar island and bone helm
but in that case would be the same you would need to use wicker first anyway and then it would be best to farm all at once, this is just an option

4 minutes ago, edulopes said:

why use max if you have wicker? :D 

Why use wicker if you have max who can use her abilities 

5 minutes ago, edulopes said:

wurt is better

Maxwell's followers dig up stumps and harvest the loot that they mine and chop while also picking up grass and twigs and you can hire pigs to fill out their numbers if number is what you're talking about

2 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

(Not arguing anything here, just sharing :))
I got curious about this so I did some damage tests against AG with 20 dmg duelists:

• Invisible Maxwell constantly resummoning 6 duelists: 3 minutes 51 seconds
  • Godmode Wilson with an axe: 2 minutes 52 seconds
  • Godmode Maxwell constantly resummoning 6 duelists and punching: 2 minutes 34 seconds

So, less DPS than an axe without attack speed, or slightly more DPS than an axe with attack speed.

omg those numbers are worse than i though hahaha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Why use wicker if you have max who can use her abilities 

Maxwell's followers dig up stumps and harvest the loot that they mine and chop while also picking up grass and twigs and you can hire pigs to fill out their numbers if number is what you're talking about

you will need much more for pigs....
wurt followers can be mass hired

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

right, didnt played her with the changes but do they last enough? i though it just gives very little friendship

kelp give good enough, for an example i planted a full inventory of pinecones they chopped it all, and killed the tree guards i hired them once, it is incredible, if i didnt like maxwell as much as i like( his lore voice and everything) i would dich him and grab wurt

• Thanks 1

Just now, edulopes said:

kelp give good enough, for an example i planted a full inventory of pinecones they chopped it all, and killed the tree guards i hired them once, it is incredible, if i didnt like maxwell as much as i like( his lore voice and everything) i would dich him and grab wurt

max isnt solely a gatherer tbf

2 minutes ago, GamePlayer42 said:

with the addition of having his own perks

in adition of wicker not having a downside, plus maxwell have downsides

@ArubaroBeefalo just dont feed them seeds, that wont make for much time, almost any at all

1 minute ago, GamePlayer42 said:

max isnt solely a gatherer tbf

comparing him to the other options yeah it is his best role,

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but you get too many from farming Q.Q :wilson_laugh:

that is true, but the timers are just too low for me at least, i get 20 kelps and hire 30 merms and go on
last time i tried with seeds i didnt have enough time

Just now, Mysterious box said:

But Maxwell's harvesting extends beyond chopping and mining.

but it need to be in an controlled envirioment, you have to dig and plant them in a location, 
and chopping and mining is the same, you have to get it in a single space that is my problem, because they nerfed the best part of early game maxwell, gave him some shadows that are almost good enough, snare is perfect and prision now with the nerf isnt that viable, most if you have friends....
so some power must be shifted from the pillar now, to the duellists or the servants

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

right, didnt played her with the changes but do they last enough? i though it just gives very little friendship

but try her please, you wont be disapointed on her, and if you have wicker books and kelp, you arent allowed to die xD

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, edulopes said:

but it need to be in an controlled envirioment, you have to dig and plant them in a location, 

I mean were you not building any bases as Maxwell I really fail to see the point here.

44 minutes ago, edulopes said:

and chopping and mining is the same, you have to get it in a single space that is my problem, because they nerfed the best part of early game maxwell, gave him some shadows that are almost good enough, snare is perfect and prision now with the nerf isnt that viable, most if you have friends....
so some power must be shifted from the pillar now, to the duellists or the servants

But he's still above the rest of the cast in overall ability.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

first, just to clarify, basically with regular merms you get 2 additional merms per food item/fish and with guards you get 5 additional ones(so 3 in total for regular merms, 6 in total for loyal guards)

now for the length, iirc loyal merm guards also get 50% more loyalty from food, but honestly not 100% sure here. anyhow, for stuff like chopping wood a single kelp per 6 merms is more than enough usually, but if you're going somewhere further with them you might wanna use something a bit more nutritious.

as for the whole Maxwell vs Wurt argument in general, I think it was silly before and I still think it's silly now. it's not some competition or race, both characters are quite good at what they do and they synergize quite well, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and it's ok.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

11 minutes ago, skile said:

first, just to clarify, basically with regular merms you get 2 additional merms per food item/fish and with guards you get 5 additional ones(so 3 in total for regular merms, 6 in total for loyal guards)

never noticied this, thanks