Don't starve together is a multiplayer game

Sure 2 players can pulverize a boss but one Maxwell can pull out 6 shadow duelist out of a book which has a special attack, can heal overtime, easily replaceable, spamable, and insanely cheap even for the early game. This isn't even considering the fact that the same Maxwell can utilize spells to their advantage and also not considering the fact that you can also have multiple Maxwells as well, giving way for the possibility to quadruple the number of duelists. So yeah "totally legit".

Granted, almost all the re-worked Max demo vids I saw till now seem to be in God Mode/SuperGod Mode, where insane Maxwell doesn't have to constantly fight 2 Terrorbeaks on top of whatever else happens on screen when massively summoning Duelists. So account for that too. Not mentioning multiplayer's biggest issue: lag (even with Lag Compensation: off, on > 100 ping servers you'll start to "teleport" walking, more-so when using speed-bonus items like Cane and Magi). On paper and/or in ideal conditions all seems fine&dandy.

37 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Granted, almost all the re-worked Max demo vids I saw till now seem to be in God Mode/SuperGod Mode, where insane Maxwell doesn't have to constantly fight 2 Terrorbeaks on top of whatever else happens on screen when massively summoning Duelists. So account for that too. Not mentioning multiplayer's biggest issue: lag (even with Lag Compensation: off, on > 100 ping servers you'll start to "teleport" walking, more-so when using speed-bonus items like Cane and Magi). On paper and/or in ideal conditions all seems fine&dandy.

Thing is you don't even need to use all 6 to get the same results 5 is fine for most things and you will be capped at 50 sanity which is perfectly safe.
They are interesting and they are going to absolutely wreck any single target boss and the fact that they can take up to 6 hits is crazy
LIke 2 shot at max for bosses

14 minutes ago, DVGMedia said:

Thing is you don't even need to use all 6 to get the same results 5 is fine for most things and you will be capped at 50 sanity which is perfectly safe.
They are interesting and they are going to absolutely wreck any single target boss and the fact that they can take up to 6 hits is crazy
LIke 2 shot at max for bosses

Maybe. But there's also another quality of all these demonstrative videos popping atm: they all are in ideal, personal server conditions. And done so by highly competent/experienced and efficient players that know the ins-and-outs of the game (when and where to position oneself, how many units of a resource to use, etc). Try them (said strats) in pubs and/or in environments with added RNG and/or multiple detrimental factors piling on top of each-other and see how exemplified strats (ideal conditions) fair. What my point is: Max's update is for player-base at large to enjoy his new perks, like Wendy's, Wig's, etc. All other characters were amp-ed to quite high grounds, bon side-wise. Maybe have the "Shadow King of Constant" shine as bright too, yes? (as opposed to a meager pick&swap gatherer atm, as combat represents a big portion of DST).

6 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Maybe. But there's also another quality of all these demonstrative videos popping atm: they all are in ideal, personal server conditions.

I mean of course theres always going to be varience of what can be reached via experience.  But its more about trying to prevent bad habits. Its one of the arguments people have about wendy too and abigail or other minon characters. 
The main fact is the owner of the minons needs to put work in to achieve the maximum power of the minions. Right now the only work that needs to be put in is making sure you have enough fuel to keep summoning.  There are certain things that do need some balance.

Or honestly klei just give us a hard mode constant and cave that occurs after beating champion and fuel weaver that allows us to use these new found powers on much tougher enemies and bosses.

Get a new reign 2 going with the spirits of darkness and light infesting the standard creatures that exist.

1 minute ago, DVGMedia said:

I mean of course theres always going to be varience of what can be reached via experience.  But its more about trying to prevent bad habits. Its one of the arguments people have about wendy too and abigail or other minon characters. 
The main fact is the owner of the minons needs to put work in to achieve the maximum power of the minions. Right now the only work that needs to be put in is making sure you have enough fuel to keep summoning.  There are certain things that do need some balance.

Actually, raid bosses take quite a management. 

Still easier than other strategies but is not a breeze. 

9 minutes ago, DVGMedia said:

The main fact is the owner of the minons needs to put work in to achieve the maximum power of the minions.

Probably some sort of progression wouldn't hurt. It feels kinda really bad, if character instead of progressing is kinda regressing in game or stays all time same level since getting out of portal. I don't really want to nerf it to simple "weaker" minions in general way (because we would go back to the point from beginning of rework), but getting "best" of them in late game, and "not all" in beginning maybe could be a way (like to get sort of middle ground).

4 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Probably some sort of progression wouldn't hurt. It feels kinda really bad, if character instead of progressing is kinda regressing in game or stays all time same level since getting out of portal. I don't really want to nerf it to simple "weaker" minions in general way (because we would go back to the point from beginning of rework), but getting "best" of them in late game, and "not all" in beginning maybe could be a way (like to get sort of middle ground).

Then how about Being able to boost the book then?
Starting maxwell starts with 2 minions
And as he plays through the world He is able to upgrade his book with new items in the world Giving his minons more power and the ability to summon more as the player goes deeper into the world.

Starting maxwell 2 minion cap
Duelists do 20dmg

lvl 2 maxwell 4 minons
30 dmg cap

lv 3 maxwell current build 6 minions
40 dmg

I wish Maxwell got the ability to force Wolfgang into Mighty stage regardless of Wolfgang’s hunger or Mightiness level, Aka a short Boost for limited time.

I play ALOT of Team based games like Apex Legends, Smite, Paladins, Gotham Knights etc.. and I always enjoy it when a character can boost another character- it makes for great team play.

Something DST should really expand upon Deeper.

I had another Idea about triggering Bernie in Enlightenment Areas by letting Abigail or another dead players ghost Haunt him. 
I’d just really like to see more optional “Together” perks in a game literally called Dont Starve Together.

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I wish Maxwell got the ability to force Wolfgang into Mighty stage regardless of Wolfgang’s hunger or Mightiness level, Aka a short Boost for limited time.

Lore wise it was the shadows themselves that empowered Wolfgang so he could save their future king, I don't think it's something Max would do on purpose

Archived