Oxygen Not Included October 2022 Roadmap

1 hour ago, Charletrom said:

What do you mean delayed?

They used the phrase "shortly after," referring to the Christmas holiday break. 

We now have almost February, so it seems somewhat delayed to me.

Anyway, let's hope for the best still.

• Health 1

After 2,551.6 hours of playing time, a few hours every week, it was really good to take a break for two months (and work off the pile of shame)

But I don't dare to start a new colony right now. I'm sure the next update will be released when I have a good mid-game.

I'm very curious to see what might come. Of course I'm still hoping for a performance update. I always play with "Every dupe from the portal must be added to the colony". After 150 dupes it gets a bit tougher with the CPU.

Maybe theyre just going to continue the roadmap from 2022 (the current plan).   So far it says seasonal update with QoL some story traits and  cosmetic skins.    Which is pretty much consistent these past two years.     If anything the road map just might get reworded and slapped with 2024 on it. 

22 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Maybe theyre just going to continue the roadmap from 2022 (the current plan).   So far it says seasonal update with QoL some story traits and  cosmetic skins.    Which is pretty much consistent these past two years.     If anything the road map just might get reworded and slapped with 2024 on it. 

Those were stated to be the near-term goals.  Long term goals were...well, I'll just quote the existing roadmap. 

"Bigger things like new starting biomes, richer world gen options, and even new sim systems are on the horizon too, but these take longer to develop, so no short-term promises."

22 hours ago, pether said:

Last time, the roadmap was released along with game update. Possible they plan to do the same now, and the next game update is already in beta, so new roadmap will appear soon :)

My guess is that it will come with the next content patch, so a bit of a wait yet. The teases in the animated shorts have me excited so I’m happy to wait a bit longer.

• Like 1