Wicker = kick???

Title says it all. Player's on pubs are going to be kicking wicker now. No one wants to give up easy dark swords, shadow manipulator and someone will always be concerned over the iridescent gems. You will say they can take them w/out being Wicker, yes but they aren't incentives too. Poor gal

Ppl still kick Willow just for having a lighter when torches exist

I'm NOT talking about griefing. I don't think that this game should be tuned around it either. I'm talking about Insta kicking. Because of her crafts

Wish they would of done something for TEIN

2 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

The amount of assumptions, you guys. :l 

If a vote kick immune wickerbottom torturing a server full of woodies with endless grimoire full moons is a valid enough assumption to cause changes then this is too. :lol:

1 minute ago, Bellium said:

I mean people don't tend to kick wurt just cause she wants a bunch of pig skins for merm king, Wicker should be fine

I pray your right but Pig skin's are on a Completly different level than iridescent gems

Just now, LitulLola said:

I pray your right but Pig skin's are on a Completly different level than iridescent gems

I meant that more for the living logs, tbh I think I've seen the moon event happen in a pub server once or twice so I don't see most people being too concerned.

Spoiler

Still doesn't make much sense that the book costs an irridesent gem but eh

Might be.

Wickers that'll "abuse" the Moon and Rain books will probably be kicked, indeed (by people annoyed by rain when Wicker will go for crops-binge, by Woodies and players wanting to do Shadow Chess-pieces fight and granny disturbs Lunar cycle).

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Might be.

Wickers that'll "abuse" the Moon and Rain books will probably be kicked, indeed (by people annoyed by rain when Wicker will go for crops-binge, by Woodies and players wanting to do Shadow Chess-pieces fight and granny disturbs Lunar cycle).

That's exactly my point, she deserves to be kicked if she is reeking havoc on a server. But she will get insta kicked because of the iridescent gems and living logs.

5 minutes ago, Bellium said:

I meant that more for the living logs, tbh I think I've seen the moon event happen in a pub server once or twice so I don't see most people being too concerned.

Reveal hidden contents

Still doesn't make much sense that the book costs an irridesent gem but eh

I see. Still really doesn't change much, pig skins are plenty and pig farm's are very common. While you have to wait till Hallowed Eve's event if someone is too afraid to go into the caves to fight mushgnome's. They would have to do 3 moonstone events and burn 3 starcallers if she takes the 2 iridescent gems. I don't see ppl taking that chance with her. Like I said Willow gets kicked all the time over her lighter

Still think she should only be able to make her lunar book at a set-up moon alter with crazy amounts of moonrocks

Guys, simply don't play in pubs, if the server's players kick you just because your character could grief in a different way (everyone can grief better with 2 grass and 2 twigs), that server was going to be bad anyway.

51 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

griefers are not gonna setup a tactical nuke plan to destroy the base lol, they all just pick any character and burn the alchemy engine with a torch

yall need to actually play on pubs

I've seen Willows kicked constantly. I'm not talking about griefing, I don't think we should tune any part of the game based on griefing!!! I'm talking about Insta kicking. Because of her crafts.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I don't think this will happen. Also griefing with wicker has always been possible, but its just too much effort to be worth it for the actual trolls.

They will continue to pick webber and willow, and burn everything to the ground. It's easier.

^^^

Well, I mean, at least if something related to her books happens you'll know it's a Wickerbottom (Or Maxwell), anyone can burn things and blame it on the Willow, you can't do that with Wicker. If people are hopping into servers just to grief a kick means nothing, hop on another server and try again. If someone would be as shallow as kick me immediately for joining as a certain character I'd rather play with someone else.

12 hours ago, LitulLola said:

How is this an assumption when I gave you actual proof in the comparison with Willow???

How is a character being kicked for supposedly not adding anything to the group proof that a character that can add a ton to a group will get kicked?

9 hours ago, Kur0u said:

anyone can burn things and blame it on the Willow

Players that have set structures on fire have special quotes when examined. This doesn't stop people from blaming Willow, but it does allow it to be easily disproved and the true culprit to be found.

2 minutes ago, Notecja said:

If people see only bad possibilities of character, then they are going to miss good ones. Wicker is so powerfull, is usually not worth kick, as everybody can enjoy (or be griefed) by effects of her book.

I can only say this sooo many times, it's NOT about griefing. I don't care about her ability to grief, I don't think this game should be tuned around it either. My post is ONLY about ppl Insta kicking her because they don't want to give up easy dark swords, shadow manipulators and that someone will always be concerned over the iridescent gems. If Willow gets kicked for a lighter (which I think it ridiculous and is because of griefing) I don't see alot of ppl taking a chance on random Wicker.

If a Wicker is terrorizing a server (griefing) then she deserves to be kicked, I'm worried about the Insta kick due to resources that ppl hate to share as is.

I really hope I'm wrong and that it won't be a problem. I love this game and most the ppl who play it. I'm just pointing out a possible problem with her crafting ingredients and trying to avoid any problems when this goes live. I don't know about you but it's a little disheartening to get Insta kicked from a server, let alone a bunch of times.

8 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

I can only say this sooo many times, it's NOT about griefing. I don't care about her ability to grief, I don't think this game should be tuned around it either. My post is ONLY about ppl Insta kicking her because they don't want to give up easy dark swords, shadow manipulators and that someone will always be concerned over the iridescent gems. If Willow gets kicked for a lighter (which I think it ridiculous and is because of griefing) I don't see alot of ppl taking a chance on random Wicker. If a Wicker is terrorizing a server (griefing) then she deserves to be kicked, I'm worried about the Insta kick due to resources that ppl hate to share as is.

Ok but realtalk. How often do WXes get insta-kicked because they can eat gears? How often do Maxwells get insta-kicked because they can use nightmare fuel? Wigfrids for their stone/gold consumption? Webbers because they can bring spiders to the base? You worried about 4 living logs? What if I just swing by, craft some dark swords, and bounce? Or maybe just take the whole stack and log off?

So many "balance suggestions" have been thrown around purely on pub-game speculation. It's counter productive without any meaningful data behind it.

Archived