[Game Update] - Public Testing 509600

• Developer

Hi friends, 

This is a small patch for the public testing branch, which includes some fixes for Spaced Out! rocketry and another fix for Pufts getting stuck in liquid.

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Updated all localizations.
    • Changes to the Banshee stressed animation when between 60-99% stress.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Fixed Pufts getting stuck in liquid.
    • Fixed issue where fabricator buildings may continue playing their animation after a Duplicant is interrupted.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed rocket modules getting stranded if the build location is invalid.
    • Rocket modules cannot be built/added/removed/swapped when viewing the rocket interior.
    • Fixed issue causing Spaced Out! Starmap to display at incorrect size.
    • Fixed issue where rockets lose their destination on load.

View full update

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

I have some wired errors with this, including a dupe that refused to eat and was starving in a rocket while in an exo-suit. Did not persist over a reload. I seem to have other glitches more frequently than before.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Changes to the Banshee stressed animation when between 60-99% stress.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/950846326202068992.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

Edit: I think the changed animation is anim_interrupts_banshee, which is a new addition to the game...however I don't really see any visible difference from the idle anim in anim_loco_banshee_60 aside from the fact that the animation is longer. :wilson_curious:

WItvcux.png5T7ER6n.png

Left is anim_interrupts_banshee, right is anim_loco_banshee_60 (misc animation)

Edited by watermelen671
  • Haha 2

please devs, make the delecta voles better.  the lower starting calories makes starvation ranching a no go (which im glad for a nerf to starvation ranching voles).  maybe change there diet so they're better than regular voles, like eat phosphorite, mud or something that doesnt get much use

Anyone else had this:?
1904725520_Screenshotfrom2022-06-0115-02-40.thumb.png.c92e8bf6fd457471ebedc1be2131dd6f.png

It is ice blocks, seemingly in units of 5 kg, appearing over the Spacefarer door. It also happens with the door over other Spacefarers. I haven't made a bug report yet because I'm trying to figure out some kind of reproduction besides just "waiting for it to happen for no apparent reason". There are no pipes of any kind behind the door, and there is some thawing and freezing going on about 10 tiles down but I cannot fathom a reason why the blocks would teleport through a lot of empty space specifically to the spacefarer doors.

2 hours ago, blakemw said:

Anyone else had this:?

Yup. I think i made a bug report as well. It happens when you pump water taht`s below zero (around -2 so it won`t freeze yet) to the spacefarer module via the liquid intake port. Once the water reaches the intake it freezes instead of getting inside and forms the block at the spacefarer doors.

As a workaround i installed a robo miner.

20 hours ago, blakemw said:

Anyone else had this:

It is ice blocks, seemingly in units of 5 kg, appearing over the Spacefarer door. It also happens with the door over other Spacefarers. I haven't made a bug report yet because I'm trying to figure out some kind of reproduction besides just "waiting for it to happen for no apparent reason". There are no pipes of any kind behind the door, and there is some thawing and freezing going on about 10 tiles down but I cannot fathom a reason why the blocks would teleport through a lot of empty space specifically to the spacefarer doors.

Do you have a wall toilet next to the door in the rocket? That caused those ice blocks for me in the past