Why does it rain so much in Klei servers?

I decided to play on Klei server after a long time and it was raining like crazy on day 7 which made me lose all my charges with WX. Then I went to ruins and people were talking on chat about the rain again, some of them actually died by freezing in autumn lol. I remember things like long rains in winter before. Why do Klei servers tend to rain a lot?

56 minutes ago, Ornge said:

someone probably picked up the ice staff from the ice staff and cold hound setpiece. If you pick that up it will rain non-stop for like 5 days

I remember that happened to me once and it rained for so long so early that literally everyone died besides like one person and then I just stopped playing pubs

It is great that this is possible because otherwise it wouldn't be very interesting if there was only heavy rain in spring.

It makes you change your plans in first autumn and you are forced to get rain protection gear quite soon.

8 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

It is great that this is possible because otherwise it wouldn't be very interesting if there was only heavy rain in spring.

It makes you change your plans in first autumn and you are forced to get rain protection gear quite soon.

Just to be clear, it isn't possible with default settings. The only reason this happened is because someone fell for the ice staff trap, which triggers nonstop rain for upwards of 10 days.

3 minutes ago, Frogzard said:

Just to be clear, it isn't possible with default settings. The only reason this happened is because someone fell for the ice staff trap, which triggers nonstop rain for upwards of 10 days.

I know but it can still rain enough to cause you problems, while you'd need to trigger the trap for it to last so many days, that's also a good trap.

5 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

I don't think it's the Klei servers that cause the stupid amount of rain, from my experience, it rains a lot on day 7

I know it rains on day 7 but it's so minor that it never bothers anyone, but the one I experienced was horrible. I lost my all chargea as WX, people froze to death and ragequitted.

honestly if the summer and winter traps were removed in dst then I don't understand why this ice trap setpiece still causes rain. 7 days of constant wetness is an incredible griefing tool that almost no one is prepared for

52 minutes ago, Ornge said:

honestly if the summer and winter traps were removed in dst then I don't understand why this ice trap setpiece still causes rain. 7 days of constant wetness is an incredible griefing tool that almost no one is prepared for

Pretty certain the Terrarium beats it.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:26 AM, Ornge said:

someone probably picked up the ice staff from the ice staff and cold hound setpiece. If you pick that up it will rain non-stop for like 5 days

I did that once as Warly... a Maxwell died to freezing and everyone got mad at me, but them I made soup out of him and everyone thought it was funny so we cool

Archived