WX-78 circuits lack much variety.

Alright, so keeping this intro simple as usual; the circuits WX currently have access to are very bland. The only ones I'd consider not bland are the music box one, both thermal ones, the bean one, and the electric one.

I personally think we need more unique 1-3 pin upgrades (and maybe another 4 pin or two) with strange special effects to make WX not feel the same as when he just ate gears. This rework has so much more potential than what he is being given at the moment. Especially since a modular system like this could add so many more playstyles to just one character.

What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Give WX a "Lootcoin" circuit. Installing it causes WX to create gold once and a while. The more you use, the more hunger drains and the hotter you get.

This is actually a great idea because it's funny and also that'd be an interesting way to keep warm in winter.

Random unique stuff like that would be great for WX.

I mean hell, there's so much you can do with a rework like this, I say get as absurd and crazy with ideas as possible rather than just ''this one buffs hp, this one buffs hp more, this one buffs hunger'' and so on. No hate to the rework or anything, but the circuits lack flavor, y'know?

I like to keep things minimalistic, this is just going to add more noise to the way too many module types that there are of multiple things that could just be combined, like 2 health module levels and 1 for healing over time. With 6 slots especially, most of the existing modules are never going to be used. You select what you want and then you will be handicapped for everything else. Switch modules around on a regular basis and you are handicapping yourself even more until recharged, which requires even more infrastructure and painstaking micromanagement.

To me WX was primarily a character for speed, then everything else that came along with it just made him a better character and more fun to play with. Wetness damage is what really makes the playstyle unique. I can't have the 50% speed bonus of before the rework without ditching everything else and that sucks. The less modules the better, each module you should really only want 1 of I think and to not break the game, have 1 capped and if we can use 3/4 of the total available modules with the most slots available, if for example you could later upgrade to 12 module slots max, then I think that's the most fair and fun to play with. Or does Klei expect me to be so stupid to sacrifice 2 speed module slots for a music box module and a little health upgrade? Yeah right.

9 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

Circuits have a lot of variety in my book, why are you saying it is "not enough variety"

WX has now more variety than all characters.

Because half of his circuits are just stat upgrades.

I still enjoy the rework but absolutely none of the stat upgrades, other than speed, are useful when you can kite, and that makes half of his available items boring.

He needs more unique ones, he needs circuits that encourage using the stat ups. He has a couple combos that do that already but they're not very impressive compared to combos that don't use any stat up.

Nerfing his base stats wasn't enough to make the stat boosting circuits interesting, in my opinion, as they're less worth using than any other game-easing utility circuit. I understand what Klei are going for with this rework, however I personally feel it's held back by all of the stat upgrade circuits being just that; stat upgrades, which are useful, don't get me wrong, it's just that he has tools that are far MORE useful than them.

Honestly I'd even be content if they just made each normal stat up upgrade have some additional small effect. In that case, then they could even bring his stats to 100 across the board since the player will be more inclined to upgrade stats rather than just avoid needing to care about them at all.

10 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

Circuits have a lot of variety in my book, why are you saying it is "not enough variety"

WX has now more variety than all characters.

WX can eat stale food, eat gears, and have 1 or 2 from the following list: thermal stone, moggles, torch, sanity aura, movement speed, single target thorns.

Wormwood can eat poisonous food, plant without needing to hoe including on land that isn't a farm, create living logs without item cost, move faster, be friendly to plants and bees, have AoE thorns, create AoE traps, gain and lose sanity easily, automatically make plants happy, and probably some more stuff I'm not remembering off the top of my head. All at once.

18 minutes ago, Eliaslorenz said:

Nerfing his base stats wasn't enough to make the stat boosting circuits interesting, 

1. The pure intention for less stats wasn't to make boosting stats more interesting. He needed less HP mostly, but lowering all stats is just fine, when considering its a trade off to most people just opting for Speed. It makes the choice, more of just that, an actual choice - rather than a no brainer. No doubt Speed is good, but less experienced players will opt to be more tanky, until they get better. And some players just outright enjoy tanking. It's a pve game. However they play to enjoy the game ain't ever wrong. Less stats just actually gives WX a slight downside that you can otherwise actually negate, and even be better than most characters like his prereworked form had. You can get nearly 600HP, or get lots of HP regen. It's kind of neat.

20 minutes ago, Eliaslorenz said:

Honestly I'd even be content if they just made each normal stat up upgrade have some additional small effect. In that case, then they could even bring his stats to 100 across the board since the player will be more inclined to upgrade stats rather than just avoid needing to care about them at all.

I do sort of agree with you here. The stat upgrades for hunger also make drain like 15% slower, and the sanity can regen super slowly... I think as they already have HP regen and Sanity regen module they could do more. And the fact wx naturally can eat stale foods and not care...

Like what if Hunger circuit made it so no foods could affect them negatively, like wormwood in a way I suppose as far as health is concerned.

Or the HP module increased healing by a percentage. Like even 15% 

The sanity module could uhh. Well I don't really have good ideas for this one lol but surely you understand. More can be there besides bigger bar, or more regeneration. I don't think less affect by sanity aura really matters because you can just have a bigger bar it sort of accomplishes the same thing nearly.

3 minutes ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

1. The pure intention for less stats wasn't to make boosting stats more interesting. He needed less HP mostly, but lowering all stats is just fine, when considering its a trade off to most people just opting for Speed. It makes the choice, more of just that, an actual choice - rather than a no brainer. No doubt Speed is good, but less experienced players will opt to be more tanky, until they get better. And some players just outright enjoy tanking. It's a pve game. However they play to enjoy the game ain't ever wrong. Less stats just actually gives WX a slight downside that you can otherwise actually negate, and even be better than most characters like his prereworked form had. You can get nearly 600HP, or get lots of HP regen. It's kind of neat.

I fully understand everyone has their different playstyles but that's the problem with WX, his circuits don't reward those playstyles despite being designed to be used as such (compared to one size fits all gear muncher WX), hence why I think they're stale. You are rewarded far more for learning to kite and using 3 speed upgrades than you are for stacking hp upgrades and tanking a boss. For example, if you wanted to be a tank, why not play Wigfrid instead of stacking hp on WX-78? She's rewarded for it, has easy to craft weapons and armor, and is very new player friendly in how she goes about it compared to what could be potentially confusing WX-78 mechanics for a new player.

6 minutes ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

I do sort of agree with you here. The stat upgrades for hunger also make drain like 15% slower, and the sanity can regen super slowly... I think as they already have HP regen and Sanity regen module they could do more. And the fact wx naturally can eat stale foods and not care...

Like what if Hunger circuit made it so no foods could affect them negatively, like wormwood in a way I suppose as far as health is concerned.

Or the HP module increased healing by a percentage. Like even 15% 

The sanity module could uhh. Well I don't really have good ideas for this one lol but surely you understand. More can be there besides bigger bar, or more regeneration. I don't think less affect by sanity aura really matters because you can just have a bigger bar it sort of accomplishes the same thing nearly.

Really any little bit 'extra' about the stat circuits, even something as minor as the things you suggested, would make them infinitely more rewarding and entertaining to use. I mean, imagine being this absolute hp tank but you also heal a ton more than anyone else, sacrificing a lot of resources to tank, especially compared to if you kited everything with speed, but not nearly as many resources as anyone else would have to.

I'm all for encouraging people to play how they want to play, which is why I enjoy DST having so many different characters and the fact that Klei are going out of their way to make each character fresh nowadays. WX-78 being the modular robot is the embodiment of "pick your playstyle" and I really hope they revise his stat upgrades to help with that. Or, at least add a couple more circuits to synergize with them, whatever Klei feels like doing, honestly.

12 hours ago, landromat said:

I'm waiting for community mods. WX circuits are perfect to show mod community creativity

I am going to use mods. I see devs are not going to add anything fancy, and WX rework had lots lots more potential.

Just a reminder: Wolfgang is still getting small tweaks and his rework has come and gone, sneaking in cool little features that on their own don’t really seem to mean much (like being able to pull up a boat mast faster while mighty) but when you add all those little things up.. it makes the character.

WX78’s circuits is therefore probably just a starting point.. and as time goes on, Klei will tweak & adjust as they feel they need to.

Maybe shields upgrade/absorption circuit, works like snurtle shell but has low durability which regenerates overtime, would like to see it good enough to not have to use lazy explorer in fuelweaver fight . Snurtles and rock lobsters could be scan target.

image.png

2 minutes ago, Wonz said:

Maybe shields upgrade/absorption circuit, works like snurtle shell but has low durability which regenerates overtime, would like to see it good enough to not have to use lazy explorer in fuelweaver fight . Snurtles and rock lobsters could be scan target.

image.png

This would be really fun if it was a 3 slot like bean booster, letting you use both in combination for a very defensive build rather than stacking speed.

I like it.

6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

WX can eat stale food, eat gears, and have 1 or 2 from the following list: thermal stone, moggles, torch, sanity aura, movement speed, single target thorns.

Wormwood can eat poisonous food, plant without needing to hoe including on land that isn't a farm, create living logs without item cost, move faster, be friendly to plants and bees, have AoE thorns, create AoE traps, gain and lose sanity easily, automatically make plants happy, and probably some more stuff I'm not remembering off the top of my head. All at once.

Wormwood cannot gain health from foods btw

So her "variety" in terms of diet options are much more limited

Archived