WX-78's upgrades are over powered (in my opinion) + idea to make them less op

I think WX-78's upgrades are very overpowered since these upgrades are permanently attached, especially how infrequent charge can be lost (starving and being very wet.) I think an idea to make this less overpowered is to have these upgrades lose charge over time, however they can be recharged at a charging station. This would still keep upgrades like night vision and health viable, and they can be left to charge while the player does something else. Sure, the player could have a pair for each upgrade they want, however, in the current build, removing the upgrades on WX will cause them to lose all of their charges.

Comparing this WX and old WX. Old WX was way more powerful.

The new WX can no longer get overcharge from lightning or upgrade with gears. You cant have speed, light, high health, high sanity, high hunger, and winter invulnerability at the same time anymore. You have to sacrifice which circuit you want to use and don't.

Yes the nightvision might be too good, but it takes up more slots for other circuits that could be in good use.

Not to mention that removing circuits also removed charge, and gaining charge back is quite hard. It builds up one it's own, but it takes forever.

I think the only "nerf" WX needs is make his wetness downside meaningful. I feel like it's even less of a downside than prior.

To further add to this. Circuits have durability. They also take a hefty amount of durability aswell. You only get to socket them 4 times before they break.

23 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

The new WX can no longer get overcharge from lightning or upgrade with gears. You cant have speed, light, high health, high sanity, high hunger, and winter invulnerability at the same time anymore. You have to sacrifice which circuit you want to use and don't.

Yes the nightvision might be too good, but it takes up more slots for other circuits that could be in good use.

Not to mention that removing circuits also removed charge, and gaining charge back is quite hard. It builds up one it's own, but it takes forever.

I think the only "nerf" WX needs is make his wetness downside meaningful. I feel like it's even less of a downside than prior.

To further add to this. Circuits have durability. They also take a hefty amount of durability aswell. You only get to socket them 4 times before they break.

I don't know the ins and outs of every change of the new rework yet but triple speed boosts seems to be way to good, old WX had to go out of his way and waste recourses or play with one specific character (that made the feature broken) to get overcharged speed

He's not op just extremely versatile.

One way to think about it is, he's just swapping perks around.

He has either one really strong perk

Or

Several situational ones

If he had them all at once on the other hand....

But that's not the case here.

Not gonna lie I think the refresh actually succeeds in making WX more nuanced and overall more interesting to play than before because you now have to choose between different perks rather than having 5 simultanious huge benefits with barely any downside.

At a glance all these abilities seem either way too powerful or way too weak to a lot of people, but that's mostly because they're looked at in a vacuum. One can easily point at a big stat boost and say its too strong, but that leaves out the fact you can't benefit off of other bonuses while doing so and that prior to the refresh you could have what is now split up into 7 or 8 circuits (which you now cant even have all at once). And that's without even going into their unlock methods.

Likewise because a lot of these perks are now split up one might say theyre not powerful enough, and I do agree there's a bunch of finetuning needed still. But if certain things are combined not just with other circuits but also other items I definitely feel there's some very high potential possible here if one just puts their mind to it.

I'm all for discussing new things and changes and balancing, but I don't think we've played around with the new stuff quite enough to really pass any big judgement here. First impressions are obviously important, but I do think we should consider what was there prior with what we've got now as well as how fun the different things are to play around with in order to find out if everything's working out well or not.

1 hour ago, Nickolai said:

Although old WX did have many perks from eating gears/overcharge, they seemed a bit overated for what they really were. Having higher sanity is tedious since you have to regain a larger threshold when insane, more hunger is more QOL than anything (spend longer time without worrying about food), and winter invulnerability is nice but it just saves having to carry a thermal. The only perks I think were really beneficial to them were speed (but overcharge is really annoying without wicker), and health which was decently strong for surviving .

This made them an average character, without a wicker bottom by their side.

Whereas New WX retains their insane speed for free, and can easily swap out with others which are just as strong such as infinite healing/sanity and infinite moggles.

I think along with toning down their speed boost by about 5-10%, they should also receive their old DS stats back (100 hunger/sanity/health). When they have 150 for every stat (200 for sanity in rework), it makes that decision between modules a lot more easy, since why would you even consider upgrading hunger, sanity and health when that's Wilson's stats. However if given 100 for every stat it would make the decision between modules more crucial and offer more of a downside (since only wetness feels limited to being a seasonal downside).

7 hours ago, Nickolai said:

permanent 50% speed buff is huge. infinite moggles too, among other great perks. High health and hunger are not important, only high sanity in the presence of crown is somewhat nice to have

this wx is massively better compared to the old one.

7 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

With the help of them you can run with 600 health

2022-04-15_04-35-57.thumb.png.23bf7d29e91b620cbaf00fbc9c5f7364.png

Their craft is too simple I think

2022-04-15_03-14-15.png.4203ad4916f546d096d2b63d8b29695a.png2022-04-15_04-32-21.png.1b9a01f32f39c0dc4c9105d2ee9dba44.png

but nobody will put 3 health circuits when there are waaaaay better things to add 

6 hours ago, Pumking7 said:

they should also receive their old DS stats back (100 hunger/sanity/health

i like this, will make us think which circuits add instead of just speed

old wx was not more powerful as new wx

yes, it could've reached higher power levels (after tons of gears and having wicker on team) but you need to consider the COST and CONVENIENCE and I think the new version is much better in practice because of that

not to mention he got more tools to boot, including moggles and others

7 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

old wx was not more powerful as new wx

yes, it could've reached higher power levels (after tons of gears and having wicker on team) but you need to consider the COST and CONVENIENCE and I think the new version is much better in practice because of that

not to mention he got more tools to boot, including moggles and others

The moggles are great, do not get me wrong. however… they’re just convenient. It seems busted because no other characters can be base form with night vision, but it takes up almost all potential for other boosts. So instead of being woody and being able to punch for 59 damage and take 90% less damage, im just wx with either more health or a decent speed boost, in other words weaker than woody, if i want i can be the fastest character, but otherwise be wilson. I can regenerate health and sanity over time… but the sanity is tophat levels at best, and the health is like 30 an in game day. Strong but its not exactly a game changer for any fight, its to recover from scrapes that happen during minor fights. No combination that ive imagined yet has been a gamechanger whatsoever, even if i take seven slots into account. You get either three reasonably strong perks, or one really strong one and one good one. Even triple speed isn’t THAT good, because you can beat that speed with a glossamer saddle. You could always just wear moggles or carry a lantern that you set on the ground as needed, or wear a magi, its wx’s old perks but you get to pick and choose, making some permanent until you decide what to change. About to fight deerclops? Upgrade your sanity and get the heat upgrade and a small health boost. Or sanity health speed. Or make yourself immune to winter so he cant freeze you. Its up to you. None of these upgrades will trivialize the fight completely. Even if i had seven slots, i could only add a little health to the freezing immunity, or  do sanity heat speed. Still not immune to deerclops. But the heat will help you to not freeze, the sanity will help with his aura, and the speed will help you dodge. But deerclops could absolutely still freeze you and drain your sanity if you’re too slow. 
you’ve got fifty options for fighting deerclops, but none are as good as just being wigfrid and doing more damage while you tank him. Or being wolfgang and roflstomping him with a tentacle spike and two football helmets. Even with max speed, you’re still slower than walter until you get a magi and cane. Your nightvision is great until you realize you can get basically the same effect from just wearing moggles and armor in your chest slot. 

After reading the comments, I have concluded that my idea wasn't good. However, I think the night vision module is still too strong. It's much easier to craft when compared to the moggles, and it taking up 4 slots still allows for other upgrades combos like (night vision + 300 health) or (night vision + 75 sanity AND sanity regen) or even (night vision + controlled shock when you get hit). I think the night vision module should take up 5 slots because it would gives players a choice between "infinite night vision that allows you to see things at any range" or "an area of light of which you can keep your friends minions safe with", both of which would allow that one slot for +50 health. I also think that night vision module should have AT LEAST ONE more thing to craft it with; something not too difficult like 2 electrical doodads (Basically the moggles recipe but cut in half; also 2 is at least one, so don't @ me).

Also The Drone module is definitely too weak, I think the regen should be increased a bit.

Archived