Moon glass scythe for quick harvesting.

Celestial tier craft using moon glass that makes it so grass tufts, saplings, crops, light bulb plants, etc are instantly harvested with a swing, consuming some durability. 

The celestial tab and moon glass in general could really use more crafts and a scythe for quick harvesting would be in line with the moon glass axe in terms of utility/theme and would be a great moon glass sink. 

Harvesting multiple plots of crops or dozens of saplings can get really tedious, having a tool to speed this up would be amazing. 

Sounds good to me. A swing of the scythe and the target is harvested and added to the inventory with the speed of picking a typical item off the ground. Personally, I almost never harvest grass and twigs from tufts or saplings anymore anyway, as I've lined many of my roads with twiggy trees, and I've had a few grass gecko emergences that provide me with plenty of grass. Still, an item to make harvesting more efficient sounds like something many players would likely find worth working toward.

Just now, ShadowbirdRH said:

A swing of the scythe and the target is harvested and added to the inventory with the speed of picking a typical item off the ground.

A utilitarian weapon and tool. Perfect.1060439451_smithoplan.png.ad20cf414fb94057f34e0aa60ecef6db.png

Makes more people want to travel to the moon island if this weapon/tool was made.

I could see the devs looking back to Forge code to tweak for this new item.

Requiring mats that take that long to accumulate, or to prepare to gather might be pushing it. Shouldn't it be fine to just require materials in the same ballpark as the moonglass axe, and have durability around 100-200 uses? Or maybe it could require some boss materials to create the tool body, and some semi-basic mats for a replaceable blade to restore durability when it runs out? Maybe another way it could set itself apart from mods (assuming there are mods that do this too) would be to have it work on a small area instead of a single target?

On 4/16/2022 at 9:10 PM, Seero said:

I totally agree, picking is very annoying in this game

Especially if you have a bit of latency. I love playing with overseas friends, but watching them slowly pick stuff always hurts a little. I don't see this being broken, after all, twiggy trees and grass geckos exist, and they're entirely free. This still costs moonglass and you have to get your butt over there to craft it, not to mention assemble the dang altar. 

This is a nice idea, but I'd really love for it to function a bit differently. 

80 uses, 120 combat uses. (No shadow buff)

Cuts everything in a tile radius of you, but drops it on the floor.

Costs 2 Twigs and 3 moon glass.

Deals 42.5 damage in a radius like Abigail.

Hitting multiple targets wouldn't impact extra durability loss, if so then craft should be cheaper, or durability needs to be increased.

Archived