Hamlet and shipwrecked in Dst

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

To be fair about that, the biomes, mobs and gameplay mechanics for those DLCs are new and fun content, the DLC’s also brought in more difficulty with things like Poison damage, surprise mob encounters, new weather seasons etc.. 

Just porting over stuff from SW/Ham would make DST a more difficult game- So I can certainly see why a lot of people ask for this all the time..

And that’s probably something Klei should consider as well, we got DST turning into whatever their trying to turn it into Sandbox farming simulator or whatever.. When their most requested thing players ask for is the additional difficulty of the two (in my opinion) significantly Harder than the base game expansions…

Shouldn’t that alone set off a few bells in someone’s head?

Keep it in the ground buried.

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Even in Solo DS if you own the DLCs you can’t play ALL of them at the same time.. you had to PICK to play the game as DS, DS RoG, DS Shipwrecked or DS Hamlet.. and you couldn’t enable Hamlet if SW was on or Vice versa.

this is untrue. SW's seaworthy and hamlet's skyworthy allows travel between all the DLCs, i.e you can have a save file where youre able to travel between a RoG world, SW world, and a hamlet world, while taking the same character and items and etc with you.

1 hour ago, meow meow meow said:

this is untrue. SW's seaworthy and hamlet's skyworthy allows travel between all the DLCs, i.e you can have a save file where youre able to travel between a RoG world, SW world, and a hamlet world, while taking the same character and items and etc with you.

But your not running all those worlds at once is what I’m trying to tell you..

The reason WHY it works in Solo DS but NOT on DST is because You don’t have 5 other people running around doing their own thing. (As in you can’t use the Sky/Sea Worthy to travel to Ham/SW while your friend stays in ROG) 

When you go to those other worlds, one world Unloads from your console/PC while the other one takes its place until you use the Teleporter and relocate back to your other Save file: The only thing Actually carrying over Anywhere is your character & inventory.

Hence: Why the dlcs haven’t been added to DST yet because each player could be on a different world.

Some Low End PCs (this has never been a problem on Xbox One or Series X/S) can’t even pull Caves content..

Because Unlike Solo DS- it’s not Unloading the Surface, while you play in a Cave.

HOWEVER what I am suggesting, is to change the two shards you actually DO get to play on: As in swapping RoG forest with say SWs Tropical Islands.

You don’t build a Sky/Sea worthy: Your console/ PC isn’t going to spontaneously Explode trying to run 6 different server shards with 6 different people in 6 different shards but still playing together so none of the shards Unload while another one takes it’s place till you go back.

Thats Option A of incorporating the content into DST (Same Way you would put a few items into the Teleportato in Adventures Mode before moving on to the next AM World) 

Option B would be to have teleportation pads in DST that take you to other worlds: But to trigger them: All the players in the server need to be within range of the teleporter to swap to the other world.

The problem isn’t in adding the dlcs to DST, the problem is that if every player in the server doesn’t GO To the DLC World then instead of unloading one area to run another.. it has to try to run all those areas simultaneously at once… It’s Identical in EVERYWAY to State of Decay 2.. that game has 6 Different Maps you can play on, But If your playing MULTIPLAYER you can not swap map locations- You have to do that in Single Player and THEN other players can join the new Map location you went to.. this Solves several problems simultaneously at once:

A- The game is only ever running one map location at a time.

B- Other players can’t trigger a different map and pull every other player to the new location when they may not have wanted to go.

Don’t Starve Together working with DLC content is more possible then most people want to think about.. And SoD 2 (my favorite zombie game ever by the way..) should prove it’s possible.

22 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Maybe make Hamlet feel like a finished product for singleplayer first before even porting the content to DST.

it would be wonderful if all the cut content was added to hamlet after a year or so like they did with that surprise sw update.

2 minutes ago, . . . said:

it would be wonderful if all the cut content was added to hamlet after a year or so like they did with that surprise sw update.

There's no hope of it ever happening. Klei is solely focused on DST and even if they did update Hamlet which i would love to see, it would still be bad for them since there are so many updates in DST that feel like missing when you play DS now and this disparity between the two games will just grow as one is updated and the other one isn't.

Players from DST would go back to solo DS if they did something like that which would also be a bad outcome, they don't want to split the playerbase.

Doesn't really make much sense for them to work on DS or any other DLCs anymore if they can release something of similar size for DST, unless they add all the updates that are compatible with solo DS from DST, which would take too much time and effort.

18 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

There's no hope of it ever happening

ya, it's just a dream. it makes me sad so many great things from sw and hamlet will never see the light of day in dst and there are no perfect mods which add both of the content exactly like it is in ds to dst and ds will never get all the content of dst

31 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Anyone know how to enable island adventures to be linked to normal DST shards?

It can only be done via dedicated server just cause of the way hosting is structured. Can't have more than 2 shards in a normally hosted world (So Forest/Caves, or SW/Volcano). The only way around that cap to accommodate all 4 shards is via dedicated, sorry.

2 hours ago, GuyNamedChris said:

It can only be done via dedicated server just cause of the way hosting is structured. Can't have more than 2 shards in a normally hosted world (So Forest/Caves, or SW/Volcano). The only way around that cap to accommodate all 4 shards is via dedicated, sorry.

thanks

might have to look at dedicated servers then

Archived