The ending of DST disscussion

DST Top 3 Ending  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the first ending where Charlie trap THEM insider herself seperate the constant where no greater force to rule over and the survivors got sent to the present

2. 2. What do you think of the second ending where Charlie absorb THEM and the shadow use all of her power to mix earth with the constant the new world still has some of THEM remain but no shadow and the night is brighter because the Alter is still there but just sleeping and seal herself away in the void

3. 3. What do you think of the SecretPizzaMan ending

I think the ending to DST is that everyone escapes the constant to the present year whenever that is, and everyone accepted the present and start to embrace the future, almost all of the characters are tied to the past, there are only 7 characters who are not tied to the past, Wilson, Wes, Walter, Wortox, Wormwood, Wagstaff, Webber.

Wilson got no backstory, Wes, Walter is living in the moment, Wortox just wants fun, and Wormwood is just a newborn baby in an adult body, Wagstaff loves the future, Webber only lives in the present.

Spoiler

Willow still has the emotional intelligence of a kid and still plays with a teddy bear she needs to grow up and give the teddy bear to an orphanage.

Wolfgang is still living with the regret of his past mistake, he needs to forgive himself and move on.

Wendy needs to let go of her sister.

WX-78 needs to stop hating on organic being whatever Wagstaff did to them probably makes them like this.

Wickerbottom she old and insomnia is often caused by stress she probably stresses about the library burning down and how it is like how the Library of Alexandria burns down she needs to let the library go.

Woodie needs to let go of lucy, she is probably dead or cursed to be an object, either way, she is crazy about chopping woods, and also the source of deforestation she also really attach to Woodie I don't think that healthy.

Maxwell wants to be powerful again, he needs to let the power go.

Wigfrid needs to let go of her past glory.

Winona needs to let go of her sister.

Wurt wants to rebuild their old glory she needs to see the future and not rebuild the past.

Wanda that her entire character.

Warly needs to let go of his grandma I know this sounds harsh but sometimes you need to let things go.

In the end, Charlie will forgive Maxwell and sacrifice herself to destroy the shadow and separate the constant from THEM and free the survivors and seal THEM inside herself forever trap in a void, to make the constant a world with no god or devil to rule, the constant would enter the Contemporary Era where every creature can live together Merm, Pig, Bunny, Lobster, Crab, etc, I think this is why DST is set in the 1900s to 1920s it the decades of war and conflict, so when everyone learns to accept the present and embrace the future the constant can finally be inconstant where the future can finally be decided by the people, and the survivors sent into the present time, as they find themself in a strange new world once more.

What are your idea of DST ending.

I think a discussion fits more with this thread.

This DST theory came from Pearl and Wanda when I look more at the characters I feel there are some underlying themes of leaving the past behind and embracing the future.

I'm have some theorys about the falte of the survivor when they scape 

Wilson: becames something like Edgar Alan Po 

Warly: goes back to home but he Will not find anyone here 

And Wanda gets stuck in a time loop, scaping and reentering the contant endless

Sorry if My comment is si simple, i'm have troubles whit the English 

I'm also have a theory that opens the possibility of 2 wandas in the contant, when i'm can use a traductor i'm Will Say they theory 

I think having the survivors escape the constant is a bit of a lame/sad ending. Theyve built their home here, theyve clearly bonded with eachother, theyve been given a new reality and adjusted to it. I think it would be super unsatisfying if they just kind of....left, because they have whatever it is to go back to. 

My thoughts on a dst 'ending' would probably be some course of events that ends up freeing charlie or alternatively pacifying her 'night monster' tendencies, making standing in the dark not necessarily a death wish. Don't starve, as far as i can remember has themes of colonization and 'taming' a 'wild land' and as questionable as this kind of thing can be, i absolutely think the most fitting ending to DST is one where the survivors live out their days in the constant, because it is their new home.

57 minutes ago, Paoling said:
  Hide contents

she is probably dead 

Other survivers can hear it talk, bruh.

57 minutes ago, Paoling said:
  Hide contents

or cursed to be an object

So you're saying it should commit die?

58 minutes ago, Paoling said:
  Hide contents

she is crazy

maybe

3 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

I think having the survivors escape the constant is a bit of a lame/sad ending. Theyve built their home here, theyve clearly bonded with eachother, theyve been given a new reality and adjusted to it. I think it would be super unsatisfying if they just kind of....left, because they have whatever it is to go back to. 

My thoughts on a dst 'ending' would probably be some course of events that ends up freeing charlie or alternatively pacifying her 'night monster' tendencies, making standing in the dark not necessarily a death wish. Don't starve, as far as i can remember has themes of colonization and 'taming' a 'wild land' and as questionable as this kind of thing can be, i absolutely think the most fitting ending to DST is one where the survivors live out their days in the constant, because it is their new home.

Thats a good theory.

I'm also think that the people of the other Will maybe start investigating the constat, lead bye Wilson.

He may not be the Best cientist but thecnicaly he is the Best survivor

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

But what about Warly's ma? 

I think the most satisfying ending would be where Maxwell does the ultimate sacrifice and the constant is cut off from everything. No more leaving or entering anymore. Maybe even a destabilization of the constant. IDK, I just want a happy ending for most of them.

37 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

I also have another DST ending theory, Charlie absorb THEM and all of the shadows but before THEM can control her she uses power from THEM to unite all of the constant dimension like gorge, hamlet and earth ( because the shadow can still enter earth they are not sparated ) and separate them from the shadow dimension making a new world ( new home is taken ) where time flow and but the survivors still can't age where the survivor could explore a new world that is not control by THEM there are still some remnants of THEM left like nightmare fuel, evil flowers, beardling, and beardlord but nothing like shadow creature or darkness can kill you and the night is now even brighter than before, Charlie would seal herself away in an eternal void and try to wipe out all the memory of her but Winona and Maxwell still remember as THEM no longer control everything hound become tamer and volt goat become more friendly the giant become friendly Alter is resting but the gestalt is still there and the constant begin a new era of technology and peace call the contemporary era ( it to fit the theme of accepting the future and leave behind the past) such a fitting end to the story both tragic and comedic I bet Charlie want this to be the ending.

Now I want to write this fanfic.

I'm not sure if Klei is willing to kill off any of the survivors to keep with any feelings of futility or danger. And there would be a lot of them to kill off at this point. 

The closest thing I can think of is WX somehow absorbing the personality of another survivor, effectively killing them both but at least giving the robot some sort of empathy and closure to their story.

56 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

i absolutely think the most fitting ending to DST is one where the survivors live out their days in the constant, because it is their new home.

so the real dst ending would be the friends we made along the way

5 hours ago, Paoling said:
  Hide contents

Wurt wants to rebuild their old glory she needs to see the future and not rebuild the past.

Wurt is a little Merm girl who wants to bring her people back to their former glory (if they did indeed ever have a former glory... the evidence is a bit shaky on that front) - compendium

From gorge we know that merms are just transformed goats and pigs. Even if they spent some time on the mainland, they likely just raided pig houses and don't even know how to keep them running, as evidenced by the houses themselves and the merm raid setpiece.

22 hours ago, jan Mele said:

Just let them age

easy

I want them to be like a legend like Wurt is the guardian of the merm, not god because they can die but like an elemental guardian.

Spoiler

Wilson is the guardian of the guardian.

Willow is the guardian of fire

Wolfgang is the guardian of strength

Wendy is the guardian of the spirit

WX-78 is the guardian of technology

Wickerbottom is the guardian of knowledge

Woodie is the guardian of Canada (whatever that mean) (the title was given by the local so they don't know what Canada is)

Wes is the guardian of entertainment

Maxwell is the guardian of magic

Wagstaff is the guardian of advancement

Wigfrid is the guardian of the drama

Webber is the guardian of insect and arachnid

Walani is the guardian of peace

Woodleg is the guardian of the sea

Wilbur is the guardian of the monkey

Warly is the guardian of food

Wilba is the guardian of the pig

Wheeler is the guardian of adventure

Wormwood is the guardian of plant

Winona is the guardian of hard work

Wortox is the guardian of mischief

Wurt is the guardian of the merm

Walter is the guardian of honor

Woby is the guardian of loyalty

Wanda is the guardian of time

22 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

I'm not sure if Klei is willing to kill off any of the survivors to keep with any feelings of futility or danger. And there would be a lot of them to kill off at this point. 

The closest thing I can think of is WX somehow absorbing the personality of another survivor, effectively killing them both but at least giving the robot some sort of empathy and closure to their story.

I don't that counts as an ending also the tragedy is too much the comedy is barely there.

22 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

so the real dst ending would be the friends we made along the way

Maybe that the real ending

22 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a drunk gambler who is found dead in the middle of the street wearing other person cloths? xD

Wilson is too smart for that

22 hours ago, jan Mele said:

Wurt is a little Merm girl who wants to bring her people back to their former glory (if they did indeed ever have a former glory... the evidence is a bit shaky on that front) - compendium

From gorge we know that merms are just transformed goats and pigs. Even if they spent some time on the mainland, they likely just raided pig houses and don't even know how to keep them running, as evidenced by the houses and the merm raid setpiece.

Why are you quoting me?

15 hours ago, jan Mele said:

Why!? Just why?

to see all the unique dropping lines obv

I've always felt that looking for a way home is...a pursuit for the sake of pursuit. Everyone wants to go home because...that's the obvious choice, right??
But if it actually came down to it...

Out of everyone in the cast...most don't even have real homes to go back to.
Warly is the only one who comes to mind with more reasons to leave than to stay. It's one thing that I always felt was off about Warly since his cinematic emerged, but that difference has actually grown on me.

I could totally see an 'ending' where the exit is...just there. A portal lit. Ready to go.
...and noone does. They might send off Warly in particular with smiles and waves, because he has something to go back to, but...

Everyone's already home.

Spoiler

secret ending

warly comes back because

Spoiler

time moves differently in the constant

At least he can visit her grave...

There won't be an ending or any beginnings unless for new future content. The survivors have or are coping with the idea of living in the Constant for the rest of their infinite amount of lives since They didn't let go off Maxwell, they won't let go off Charlie nor they'll let the survivors ever leave. You seen how Charlie practically destroyed Wilson's and Maxwell's portal only to teabag over them with a fancy marble and shadow rose Florid Postern.

Generally instead of caring for the end I'd love to see more world exploration. Or other worlds within the Constant's universe. As in like Hamlet or something else since Charlie can't full rights reserved for herself on implementing Shipwrecked to DST without having legal issues or needing to share money with another company to keep the franchise going. 

Aaaanywho. I don't see a point of having an ending besides if Klei decides that the game is fully finished and they're off to move on on something else.

Archived