Can we please for the love of God have Oxygen be heavier than steam?

51 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Wait wasn`t that fixed recently? Or am i imagining. I`m almost sure i saw somewhere that they changed oxygen to sink below steam just to fix the steam turbine issue.

It had been fixed, then that fix was reverted I guess because the devs decided that it should neither "make sense" nor be more convenient for the player.

8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Wait wasn`t that fixed recently? Or am i imagining. I`m almost sure i saw somewhere that they changed oxygen to sink below steam just to fix the steam turbine issue.

That wasn't a fix. It was a bug in Spaced Out! that made Steam lighter than Oxygen and Natural Gas (and broke some setup in the process) and that was fixed a few months later. I don't have the time to dig through patch notes, but Steam being lighter was acknowledged as a bug.
The part that "Oxygen sink below Steam to make Turbine setup easier" was pure speculation from the community.

15 hours ago, Pedro_L said:

i don't know how many times my plans were foiled because oxygen got into the steam chamber, but they shouldn't since Oxygen has a higher molar mass than H2O and therefore should sink

Just "git gud".:D

Instead of complaining about how things have always been in the released or non-testing branch game then account for it.
If there's a chance you can have oxygen or hydrogen inside the steam room, build an oxygen trap. You can delete the oxygen with corner building or set something up to delete gas that is lighter than steam manually if it's a recurring issue.

Here's examples of how you build it.
image.thumb.png.fc6448fd8af22af1df941e4c70e61d2a.png

On 3/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, Fradow said:

That wasn't a fix. It was a bug in Spaced Out! that made Steam lighter than Oxygen and Natural Gas (and broke some setup in the process) and that was fixed a few months later. I don't have the time to dig through patch notes, but Steam being lighter was acknowledged as a bug.
The part that "Oxygen sink below Steam to make Turbine setup easier" was pure speculation from the community.

Sorry then, i must have misunderstood that change. Partly beacause i don`t usually use steam turbines too much.

Delete the oxygen inside the chamber.

Create a liquid bead former with the incoming turbine water at the top of the chamber using an air tile and a mesh tile. There MUST be at least one more empty tile below for space. As the water comes in, it'll delete any oxygen that happens to be in front. It doesn't delete the steam as it'll just push the steam into adjacent tiles. 

image.thumb.png.699320aabd84d6e9ae29d22567c7d9e4.png

One way you can make steam turbine builds much more fail safe, is by building them in a place where you can vent the steam chamber to space.

A couple specific failsafes have been shown here, for this specific problem. But, mine is a general failsafe: a door on the side of the steam chamber leading to space.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:50 PM, Pedro_L said:

i don't know how many times my plans were foiled because oxygen got into the steam chamber, but they shouldn't since Oxygen has a higher molar mass than H2O and therefore should sink

If Polluted-Oxygen also would be heavier than Steam, then both of those Oxygen`s would linger above CO2 or something ?

Just as a little question.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:48 AM, babba said:

If Polluted-Oxygen also would be heavier than Steam, then both of those Oxygen`s would linger above CO2 or something ?

Just as a little question.

Yes, both of them are the same weight regardless

Archived