[Game Update] - 494138

2 hours ago, grumm9690 said:

But it's not missing, I didn't ever see a world without any of the eight kitcoons, they always spawn, try using c_gonext("kitcoon_hider_prop") in console if you struggle with finding lunar kitcoon

It IS missing for us. We have only 7 kitcoons, summoning Ticoon (wether on the Lunar Island or not) says he has nothing left to find, and we've tried to search every inch of the island - no luck. And your command did nothing for us, but thanks for trying to help!

It's simply an odd bug, and I've seen it posted here and there on some DST youtube videos, saying similar things. There was an old bug about kitcoons being able to spawn in the ocean, which is probably what happened to us as well, but with the kitcoon drowning permanently or something :(

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

It IS missing for us. We have only 7 kitcoons, summoning Ticoon (wether on the Lunar Island or not) says he has nothing left to find, and we've tried to search every inch of the island - no luck. And your command did nothing for us, but thanks for trying to help!

It's simply an odd bug, and I've seen it posted here and there on some DST youtube videos, saying similar things. There was an old bug about kitcoons being able to spawn in the ocean, which is probably what happened to us as well, but with the kitcoon drowning permanently or something :(

could you try running c_gonext("kitcoon_moon")?

If that does not take you to it, and if you are okay with having to find your kittens again, could you:
- set Events to None in the world settings
- enter and exit the world
- set Events back to Default
- enter and exit the world again
- Post a bug report and include the server_log.txt in the Master folder for that server and @ me in the bug report

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

If that does not take you to it, and if you are okay with having to find your kittens again, could you:

about that... i would love to keep the kitties outside of year of catcoon event. Sometimes people just wanna change for a sec to other event to get a sketch or a structure quickly so is sad to find that all the kitcoons disappear

• Developer
6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

about that... i would love to keep the kitties outside of year of catcoon event. Sometimes people just wanna change for a sec to other event to get a sketch or a structure quickly so is sad to find that all the kitcoons disappear

They will remain in your world after the event but will rehide if the event is turned back on. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

could you try running c_gonext("kitcoon_moon")?

- Post a bug report and include the server_log.txt in the Master folder for that server and @ me in the bug report

Thanks

Was just gonna go in and try that, but now I got a non-solveable bug, getting this message when trying to start my world (or create new ones)

"Dedicated Server Failed To Start. There was some kind of trouble starting up the server. Please try again."

So it's just getting worse by now :/

I'll PM you the server_log.txt

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

A lot of players would be very appreciative if you guys could take a look and solve the "CURL ERROR: (login.kleientertainment.com) [28]Operation too slow. Less than 5 bytes/sec transferred the last 60 seconds" issue plaguing dedicated servers for some time now. It happens a lot, especially in regards to Cave Shard, impeding players so join/rejoin/change shard; only way to solve it atm being a server restart. Ty!

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

• Developer
10 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

A lot of players would be very appreciative if you guys could take a look and solve the "CURL ERROR: (login.kleientertainment.com) [28]Operation too slow. Less than 5 bytes/sec transferred the last 60 seconds" issue plaguing dedicated servers for some time now. It happens a lot, especially in regards to Cave Shard, impeding players so join/rejoin/change shard; only way to solve it atm being a server restart. Ty!

I asked around and one of our team members is already looking into the issue. I do not have an ETA for a fix though.

• Thanks 4
  • Big Ups 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:14 PM, HowlVoid said:

Wait... How do they know what a monkey is? Do pigs ruins rush? Do pigs follow the meta?

The history of the pigs connects them to the ancients at some point: Hamlet's society, which split from the rest of the pigmen at some point, is well aware of nightmare magic, used the same runes as the ancients and the Ancient Herald can command pig ghosts, so some time in the past some pigmen most likely went underground.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

oh i was just thinkin, what about the quotes for when dusk comes? usualy the character dit say something about that, but for a long time its just gone, like, they dont say anything when dusk comes anymore, what happend to those quotes?

The dusk annoucements were likely removed so you wouldn't hear a choir of Wilsons at the base each day screaming about the darkness

I would love for them to come back though, they added a nice charm to all of the characters

Edited by Swag Master69
a
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, ScottHansen said:

The three Fountain of Knowledges are now generated to be spawned in the world.

Are worlds that previously lacked all three fountains going to be affected by this or will it only apply to newly generated saves? 

• Like 1