Where is this polluted water coming from?

I first noticed polluted water where it shouldn't have been, on one of the main floors then leaking down to subsequent floors.  It started to literally climb the inside of the wall in the middle of the screenshot.  The well for the polluted water is deep enough so you can't even see the water in the screenshot, yet somehow it started leaking out.  I built the roof to stop it from climbing up and out but now it's accumulating on top.  Anyone know why this is happening?

621503768_pollutedwater.thumb.jpg.3352ed2998e3059175b7366e91146b6b.jpg

There's no ice at this area.

If I can find it I'll upload it but I'm literally just learning this so I've restarted multiple worlds and have a lot of saved files.  I don't know how to connect a saved file to this game/world.  Is there an I.D. or something?

I'm also using Steam workshop mods but nothing with gasses (mod is not compatible with Spaced Out).

edit:  It seems like the polluted oxygen seeps up through the tiles and then condenses on top or on the side of said tiles.

This looks like beads upward teleportation: https://oxygennotincluded.fandom.com/wiki/Unusual_uses_of_Gameplay_Mechanics#Beads_upward_teleportation

Which is strange with Polluted Water, because nothing condenses to Polluted Water (Polluted Oxygen condenses to Liquid Oxygen, not pwater), and creating + teleporting beads otherwise doesn't happen by mistake.

Edit: other suggestions below are more likely explanations

27 minutes ago, subiefan said:

If I can find it I'll upload

Save files should be in [Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files] if it's a local save or [...\cloud_save_files] if it's a cloud save on Windows. Every colony is saved on a different folder of its name (meaning your picture should be a save in a folder called "Sneezing Bunker"). If it's an auto-save and you didn't "Save as", there is a separate folder inside the colony folder for auto-saves. Auto-saves overwrite earlier auto-saves after 10 files if it's on default settings.

3 hours ago, subiefan said:

I first noticed polluted water where it shouldn't have been, on one of the main floors then leaking down to subsequent floors.  It started to literally climb the inside of the wall in the middle of the screenshot.  The well for the polluted water is deep enough so you can't even see the water in the screenshot, yet somehow it started leaking out.  I built the roof to stop it from climbing up and out but now it's accumulating on top.  Anyone know why this is happening?

[block]621503768_pollutedwater.thumb.jpg.3352ed2998e3059175b7366e91146b6b.jpg

Most obvious ways is Vomit or Mess. Do you have enough working toilets?

What placed higher by this fire pole ? Natural Gas Generator may be?

What happens at bottom of this wall? Liquids can teleport vertically from doors in specific circumstances

Probably some dupe did not make it to the toilet in time. That is what I so far always found in these cases. Sometimes it can be a slow dupe that just had to travel too far to the next available toilet and the "results" of that can basically be anywhere. Is it about 6kg total with food poisoning germs?

8 hours ago, sheaker said:
21 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Most obvious ways is Vomit or Mess. Do you have enough working toilets?

What placed higher by this fire pole ? Natural Gas Generator may be?

What happens at bottom of this wall? Liquids can teleport vertically from doors in specific circumstances

It's definitely not that, all the dupes are downstairs when this happens.

edit: Nothing higher than more rock I'm waiting to dig out, and this was a natural polluted water well to start with so I just dug it out to build some deodorizers for some free oxygen for the oxygen masks.

19 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

There`s a long ladder there. What`s on top of it? Is it possible the water is leaking from above?

It just extends into the next area I want to excavate.  Literally nothing but rock.

8 hours ago, sheaker said:

Another option is that You (accidentally) ordered rebuilding pipe with different material and someone without plumbing skill did it.

Ok this is something I hadn't thought about.  I suppose the way to check is to undo all the piping and rebuild.

edit: wait, it's pumping clean oxygen so it wouldn't matter, right?

Also save file is uploaded.

Sneezing Bunker Cycle 92.sav

22 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

I think those are melted polluted ice.

image.png.5962a577ef1571223df143b697a6291a.pngimage.png.91bb211eba42f93941d5c1921ba7a18b.png

edit - Yep.  I was watching in high speed and didn't actually see the drop the first time so it looked like a glitch but after watching it closer I saw the drop.  Thanks for the help.

Archived