Wolfgang data bank. Rants, suggestions, experiences and everything Wolfgang propaganda.

This poll is an agreement between everyone choosing to take part.  

83 members have voted

1. 1. I understand that this forum is all about Wolfgang's rework and archiving reactions/opinions for Klei

2. 2. If I go off topic it will be to make a POINT about wolfgang.

3. 3. I will respect my fellow forumites and their opinions just this once.

• Of course.
    • *gasp* I would never disrespect anyone :)
  4. 4. I will respect the agreement and will say my piece.

5. 5. Do you believe Wolfgang's rework still needs changes/tweaks

• Yes. (give your ideas for changes AND reasoning for changes below)
    • No. (Your vote is enough)

Random note.

Noobs love seeing Wolfgang now, before I would get nasty reactions if I was ever seen being mighty near any icebox even my own that I've filled up.

Nowadays noobs gawk and stare at Wolfgang's lifting dumbbells or doing any type of heavy lifting for them.  Keep getting called "Chad" and "sexi" never "fat" or "selfish" anymore.

Players are constantly trying to upgrade my gym for me, or sticking around me, handing me food and other treats after a workout.

If Klei did anything right it was changing the perception others had of their fellow Wolfgangs.

9 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Random note.

Noobs love seeing Wolfgang now, before I would get nasty reactions if I was ever seen being mighty near any icebox even my own that I've filled up.

Nowadays noobs gawk and stare at Wolfgang's lifting dumbbells or doing any type of heavy lifting for them.  Keep getting called "Chad" and "sexi" never "fat" or "selfish" anymore.

Players are constantly trying to upgrade my gym for me, or sticking around me, handing me food and other treats after a workout.

If Klei did anything right it was changing the perception others had of their fellow Wolfgangs.

tbh - I do love giving Wolfgang glass axes and honey spice XD  He's better than bever imo~

Can I use this thread to voice my opinion here? I really don’t feel like creating an entire other thread to say this but: 

For people on Xbox/PlayStation consoles (or even PC players who refuse to use Mods..) we don’t have access to Mod Characters, we don’t have this infinite roster of playable workshop characters with crazy wacky abilities and unique gameplay- All we have is what is OFFICIALLY part of the game.

This Important to note because if someone on PC comes along and makes a modded version of Wolfgang that 95% of people playing on PC love- Those of us on console don’t get access to that improved Wolfgang Mod, we are stuck with what KLEI officially makes as part of their game.

I want to touch on that just a little bit to explain my personal rankings of the Reworks we have had so far:

When it came to Wendy/Willow/Woodie/Webber/Wes they ALL got something new, they got unique new gameplay tied exclusively to playing as them: now do note that I said “NEW” Gameplay.. not the same gameplay they already had just presented differently.. these characters got bumped up to a Whole new level of “Fun Factor” Charging Through a group of Spiders as Woodie is Satisfying, Zooming around the map with Balloon Consumable as Wes is unique, Having a giant Teddy Bear that changes in shape based on your Sanity is “New”

But then we have reworks like Wigfrids (who I’ve since come to accept as not being a Viking but a music singing Baird..) And Wolfgang’s, While you can Arguably say they both got something “NEW” Wigfrids Song Scrolls that do things like make enemies flee in terror or increase tool durability, Wolfgang’s Ability to Chunk Dumbells across the map at small Birds..

Do they feel like they got “Enough” new changes to be on par with Wendy/Willow/Woodie/Webber/Wes?? Or do they still feel like they didn’t get ANY Real new content and still play largely the same as they always have with minor tweaks?

THATS My problem with those two reworks.. each rework for an Xbox/PlayStation/Non-Mod using PC player: is a Chance for Klei to offer us up exciting brand new fresh ways of playing the game with a unique cast of wacky characters who rightfully all should have their own unique abilities, craftables and overall playstyle..

A feeling I “BARELY” Get when picking Wigfrid/Wolfgang but Strives in Miles on someone like Wes..

Even if what he can do isn’t all that great, it’s still a significant amount of new content he did not have before.

It was Still KLEI giving those of us without Mods something exciting and new to do in their game with a character that had been bland and boring for his entire existence..

And when comes to Wilson (the character some people oddly want to get no rework at all..) he at the time of this post is LESS Enjoyable to play as then Wes..

I feel “Shafted” in Content when it comes to Wigfrid and extra especially the Wolfgang Rework.. but that’s NOT a feeling I got with the rest of the playable characters who had some love shined upon them.

I would love to see more opportunities for lifting in the future for Wolfgang, maybe giant creatures that need to be moved manually but are impossible for any character other than mighty Wolfgang to move; needing something like beefalo to do so.

Good morning forum, I present more Wolfgang feedback that Klei can print out and throw in their chimneys to warm their homes. 

Some differences in dumbbells, along with logic because apparently that matters.

Stone dumbbells-

Lose very little durability when thrown.

Because they are stone they should be more resistant to damage when thrown. This will make it the staple hunting dumbbell and give it some use compared to the other dumbbells without changing it's tier.

Gold dumbbells-

Wolfgang can walk and pump with these at lesser efficiency (lesser only when walking).

Gold is lighter than rocks, not sure how pure the gold in DST is but it should technically be the lightest dumbbells. Wolfgang can walk with these but because he's not focusing on pumping it's at less efficiency. 

Gembells-

Will store up Mighty meter when Wolfgang works out while he is already at max meter.

So purple gems have raw power, Maxwell says so, so we can assume some sort of power flows into Wolf when he works out. In other words, when power can't flow into him due to him being full, then it will accumulate in the dumbbell. The dumbbell will glow and get brighter the more he stores up to a cap. The next time Wolf works out with the dumbbell he will gain mightyness at 3x~5x the normal efficiency at full charge (until drained). 

Stay tuned for more fuel fodder, er, I mean feedback 

I dunno, I'm not sure what needs to be tweaked; maybe rowing? As it is now his damage and health is consistent, hunger is still relevant to maintaining might, performs various additional actions including chopping and mining faster, can move at full speed with a piggyback and marble suit, has ranged weapons, and the way he gets stronger is more thematically correct to his background. He lost his speed, but I feel that balances out with the ability to move faster with marble armor, piggyback and heavy items; besides, I would rather that trait go to wimpy Wolfgang to give him some utility outside of fighting. 

My suggestion:

Rowing could be improved, I agree. And perhaps what would make playing him better in combat is allowing him, to restore a very little bit of or maintain, might when fighting. This would make combat more manageable while also making sense for his character. Wigfrid can heal, restore sanity, and fill her own respective meter when fighting, so this shouldn't be too far out there in concept as it has already been done before. This wouldn't even outclass dumbbells, it would just help maintain might in the current battle you're actively fighting in without forcing Wolfgang to constantly disengage or transform mid-fight, and would encourage you to use dumbbells more often to better initiate combat. 

Until yesterday I’ve been playing exclusively as Wolfgang to throughly check out his rework as best I can to my own capability (so don’t bring that eliteism bs in here saying did you fight X or Do Y??because NO I sure as hell did not.. and I’m getting tired of being ridiculed for not being able to do X or Y.. because what should matter is the general gameplay of the character & therefore that is what I played him for testing.)

I tried to fight Dragonfly by throwing Dumbells at her every so often to see if I could properly maintain staying Mighty during the fight throwing dumbells actually does increase Mightiness so I figured i would see how well it worked in a fight with Dfly, while it’s mildly entertaining to smack Dragonfly in the face with a Dumbbell from across the screen, it’s also resource wasteful and unless you just got ALOT of Resources to waste.. not actually helpful in a boss fight like Dragonfly- Which is a shame.. maybe stone Dumbbells should’ve been able to stack? 

Gaining Mightiness from chopping/mining/rowing sounds like cheap ways to get and stay mighty though so I really dislike that commonly thrown about suggestion.

What I do enjoy however when I can afford to do so- is throwing stone/gold dumbells at birds, this gets me tons of feathers, morsels and keeps might up. 

Something that goes under appreciated when you play EXCLUSIVELY as Wolfgang.. but should you stop playing Wolfgang and choose Wendy- Your going to be sad when you forget things like Wendy is too weak to kill birds with Boomerang & Abigail won’t help her at all.

This change to Wolfgang (while Walter shares roughly the same “niche” with his Slingshot) allows for more easily collecting of Bird feathers.

Sure sure as an expert player this may be Menial to you at best-

but for myself I was actually temporarily frustrated when I needed to put a Feather on the new Catcoon shrine & Wendy was having trouble obtaining that feather on her own (I eventually built and baited bird trap then prayed to the RNG gods killing the bird gave feather..) I was Frustrated because had I still been playing Wolfgang: Feathers would be laying all over the map where I’ve thrown dumbells at birds then left their feathers laying behind.

While this probably means next to nothing to any of you, I just felt like it’s good to share actual gameplay experiences from one’s OWN perspective of how they play..

For me I’ve always had trouble gathering mass bulk of feathers & now Wolfgang trivializes the heck out of that, Feathers are used in a variety of crafts such as feather pencil (used in most Wigfrids song scrolls) and blow darts (an item in the game I rarely use at all but Wolfgang’s mass murdering of birds allowed me to ease myself into experimenting with..)

It is extremely important to share actual gameplay experiences based on your own capabilities/knowledge within the game.

And I’m almost certain that’s the kind of feedback & experiences Klei is looking to hear more view points from.

Wolfgang idea #666

I think Wolfgang should gain mighty meter when carrying heavy items. Lifting two heavy objects gains meter and carrying one around isn't exactly easy. It's most definitely a work out.

Rather than stand idly while working out, one can make progress towards their destination and gain meter that way. Plus, it's balanced in that you can't carry anything else.

There would be a reason to have some heavy items scattered about and it would be funny to see Wolfgangs carrying boulders around.

Hello everyone, it's ya boy, HowlVoid

Here's another disposable idea for Wolfgang

So I was thinking how Wickerbottom built the idols for Woodie and how maybe she can help Wolfgang. Wolfgang could explain to Wicker about how the fuel strengthened him and she could make a pill as a result. Now because the methods used to make such a pill are not as refined as what comes from the codex, there are risks. 

As this is a late game powerful item it's not easy to amass.

The ingredients are:

2 collected dust (each side of the pill/because the pills never spoil/it dissolves in the stomach)

1 shadow fuel 

1 potato

Pill name: Mighty pill

Fills the meter instantly but reduces health and sanity by 50%. Meter will become red and Wolfgang Will be unable to restore anything but hunger through food for it's duration (until he becomes Wimpy). Now Wolfgang will be ready when it's crucial or needs a second chance, but he would be wise to prepare before taking the pill. The pill offers great power but the fuel inside him taints any food he tries to eat, so it only restores hunger. On the flips side, outer body medicines still work (salves and poultices). 

Combined with his faster draining sanity, even if he has tons of healing on hand the nightmare creatures will quickly overwhelm him if he takes too long and the enlightened crown won't work. This pill is meant to help Wolfgang finish a fight instead of having to workout mid battle.

Wolfgang will not eat another pill if his sanity becomes too low due to fear of the side effects. Combined with being unable to restore sanity through food until he becomes Wimpy, his faster sanity drain, and sanity being hard to replenish outside of food, the pill only offers a second chance at finishing a long battle. 

I know this has great synergy with Wig and some with Wortox, but I think that's ok. Also synergy with Bee queen crown.

(It's 50% of whatever health and sanity he currently has, not max stats).

Should the pill have greater side effects if he takes another one before the last one has run out? Ex: 65%, 80%, 95%, cap at 99%?

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Mighty pill

Why are you entertaining the idea that the mighty meter should be so boring and tedious to maintain that people would want to spend valuable resources and half their health & sanity to briefly sidestep the meter?

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Why are you entertaining the idea

Oof this sounds somewhat hostile for some reason.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

that the mighty meter should be so boring and tedious to maintain that people would want to spend valuable resources and half their health & sanity to briefly sidestep the meter?

2 salt crystals, 4 rocks, 2 nitre, 1 shadow fuel, and 1 potato are valuable resources? 

You'd probably only need it for cc and beequeen, too... Hmmm... 

I guess I could counter with, why do you think fireproof falsetto exists?

Anyways, I'm just coming up with ideas for the heck of it. I can't keep this up forever without them becoming more and more impractical. 

Egg boy, why are you always so serious?

23 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Oof this sounds somewhat hostile for some reason.

2 salt crystals, 4 rocks, 2 nitre, 1 shadow fuel, and 1 potato are valuable resources? 

You'd probably only need it for cc and beequeen, too... Hmmm... 

I guess I could counter with, why do you think fireproof falsetto exists?

Anyways, I'm just coming up with ideas for the heck of it. I can't keep this up forever without them becoming more and more impractical. 

Egg boy, why are you always so serious?

If fireproof falsetto didn't exist and you suggested it to be added you would probably not receive a standing ovation. In fact, haven't you made multiple threads trying to get rid of it and replace it with a different song because it sucks so bad?

7 hours ago, Cheggf said:

If fireproof falsetto didn't exist and you suggested it to be added you would probably not receive a standing ovation. In fact, haven't you made multiple threads trying to get rid of it and replace it with a different song because it sucks so bad?

My point was, more useless things exist.

Archived