Wolfgang data bank. Rants, suggestions, experiences and everything Wolfgang propaganda.

This poll is an agreement between everyone choosing to take part.  

83 members have voted

1. 1. I understand that this forum is all about Wolfgang's rework and archiving reactions/opinions for Klei

2. 2. If I go off topic it will be to make a POINT about wolfgang.

3. 3. I will respect my fellow forumites and their opinions just this once.

• Of course.
    • *gasp* I would never disrespect anyone :)
  4. 4. I will respect the agreement and will say my piece.

5. 5. Do you believe Wolfgang's rework still needs changes/tweaks

• Yes. (give your ideas for changes AND reasoning for changes below)
    • No. (Your vote is enough)

3b7.gif.95f9481d90908aee2ebb2cbb4ebf6a33.gif

I only made this as a last ditch effort to make an actual compilation of ideas and suggestions for Klei as opposed to the countless forums of ideas devolved into arguments that they may not feel compelled to dig through.

If you care about wolfgang please place your pride aside and don't argue here, if you don't care please just stay and watch without adding unnecessary dialogue.

Typed out words don't convey very well, feel free to get in depth, write alot, be expressive, use images, examples, numbers, experiences. ANYTHING you won't be rushed, Klei is still on holiday, and if you're respectful, hopefully if there is bad apples here. People will have your back.

Everyone!

Spoiler

Watch! Wolfgang will dead lift.PicsArt_12-30-03_03_44.thumb.jpg.71ad8b262710816f270e9090485d2ae6.jpg

Edit:I feel like if I make replies I'll break my own rule :`). I can't make promises this won't be buried, but if anything I'm glad others have their precautions as well I enjoy making my own posts if nothing else.

Edit: I already see some people upset at seeing another Wolfgang thread (or confused by my poll lol), but understand this one is just to collect and store everything up to this point until Klei returns, so please hold and hide your unrelated comments and only post about the rework, not your fourmites, and cast your vote.

Wolfgang rework has been simple but effective, i have definitely been playing more wolfgang because of the huge quality of life fixes (Static 2x damage / 1x hunger drain.. both just great).

The only tweak i might argue is a slight increase to max rowing speed when mighty instead of increased acceleration, to make the perk actually noticable. But if wolfgang doesn't get that its no biggie.

All in all, wolfgang has been improved for everyone except speedrunners.

Great rework, good job klei!

On 12/31/2021 at 7:18 AM, Cloakingsumo198 said:

3b7.gif.95f9481d90908aee2ebb2cbb4ebf6a33.gif

I only made this as a last ditch effort to make an actual compilation of ideas and suggestions for Klei as opposed to the countless forums of ideas devolved into arguments that they may not feel compelled to dig through.

If you care about wolfgang please place your pride aside and don't argue here, if you don't care please just stay and watch without adding unnecessary dialogue.

Typed out words don't convey very well, feel free to get in depth, write alot, be expressive, use images, examples, numbers, experiences. ANYTHING you won't be rushed, Klei is still on holiday, and if you're respectful, hopefully if there is bad apples here. People will have your back.

Everyone!

Reveal hidden contents

Watch! Wolfgang will dead lift.PicsArt_12-30-03_03_44.thumb.jpg.71ad8b262710816f270e9090485d2ae6.jpg

I already have all Wolfgang threads links saved, I'll taze them all when the devs are back. Also how are you sure this also won't just sink into the abyss that is this God forsaken forums?

Oof, first comment is already a rule breaker, and they signed the contract! Le *gasp*

Some ideas

1. I think Normal Wolfgang should be able to carry the piggyback with no penalty.

2. Wolfgang's potato sacks should be fillable with resources with a max of 16 slots (2 backpacks). As team perk aka the mule. 

3. If carrying giant rocks stops the meter, than equipping the marble suit should slow it down. This helps the marble suit act as battle and resource gathering extender. (Like a weighted vest, I said this idea like 10 times already and no one cares, sigh)

4. Make the dumbbells viable weapons.

Also the third comment is a rule breaker! Mutiny!

Ok first of all thanks for making an Archive of sorts so all ideas related to the Wolfgang rework are now in one place. I posted a rework forum not idea not long ago explaining the changes I would make and why, but since I don't want to type it all over again look into the document attached at your own risk.

the TL;DR is:

1. There feels no incentive to change forms other than mighty like ever, so I added perks for his other forms so he's more dynamic
  2. Gaining Mightiness as of now breaks pacing, so I addressed that so its easy to manage mightiness with general DST gameplay
  3. His downsides were basically nonexistent, so I fleshed it out more so its actually impactful 

And for once don't flood this forum with meaningless remarks

Wolfgang rework REWORK.docx

Right now the biggest problem I’m personally having with the rework is that If they’re going to lock his Might away behind needing Stone (incredibly useless resource dump of an item) Gold (not bad but also probably shouldn’t need TWO Cutstone) and Gembell (pretty good but only for capping might once you reach might threshold otherwise it’s a waste to use) 

If they’re going to lock the best Dumbell behind needing purple gems then at the very least FIX Ice Hounds to actually drop Blue Gems more often….

I’m starting to have 0% fun with Reworked Wolfgang because every Blue hound I kill in hopes of getting Blue Gem to combine it with Red Gem and make purples simply are not dropping any Blue Gems..

Its dumb and it needs fixing. 

2 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Incase if anyone needs this, here you go.

Everyone is here. Maybe the true Wolfgang rework, were the memories we made along the way.

This is my zero effort contribution, your welcome.

Sorry I forgot about them.

wheres mine smh

Im conflicted i want wolfgang to be more fun to play but i also want klei to finish these freaking reworks already, were going on year 4 since these things started and i strongly feel like these are resource and time dumps that id rather see go to more ambitous content updates. Im afraid once they get through with all the characters we will see a round 2 or something with Winona, Willow, Wolf, Wurt, Walter and it will just be a neverending cycle.

Alright I really don't see much depth in the workout mechanic alone, from the lack of drawbacks to dumbbells aside from material costs and time to get mighty and the fact there's only 3 dumbbells I don't really feel the options or freedom of choice.

It's still one dimensional almost more so since there isn't any drawback to certain weights like food. There isn't any other option to gain or sustain mighty other than lifting weights either so there isn't a second option at all. I guess the gym can make you hungry faster with boss statues, and the might drain from low hunger is now the new depth.

I enjoy the might meter, I can use my double damage for short encounters if my might level is near 75 but I can't keep it near that level without constantly focusing on my dumbbell when traveling/working/fighting. I hope there will be a change to focus less on the workout mechanic (but still keep it) and add more options to engage with the mighty meter like slowing it, passively gaining mighty, completely stopping the drain or ways to gain mighty normally in gameplay working/fighting. Then I believe we will TRULY have depth in Wolfgang's ability.

Picsart_22-01-03_13-56-44-321.thumb.jpg.9e174bc21b41206b8be832f43b57c82f.jpg

Tomorrow Klei will return so looking forward to their response to everybody and their plans.

I don't like how mediocre Wolfgang's strength feels for someone who lifted an entire train car and tossed it like nothing without breaking a sweat.Screenshot_20220103-140929.thumb.jpg.4ba285e8166fc775e213b1aac6a30c95.jpg He's boasted about dead lifting boulders for 8 years and still can't do so and when he lifts marble statues, giant crops, or whatever he does it on his back and does the same struggle animation as everyone else.Screenshot_20220103-141634.jpg.9cde291acc954801e51ab4b034508065.jpgThe speed he moves at isn't anything impressive either it's not practical for any situation you wouldn't use a beefalo for.

Wolfgang has always been striving to be the strongest, to be a showoff, to look like he does things easily.  Yet he doesn't make things look effortless except with his dumbbell. 

There's a slight "pull"/"resistance" animation when using a hoe or shovel that could be removed or altered to be sped up.  Same thing with hoisting sails or pulling anchors these things could be altered or changed and they wouldn't kill the rest of the roster.

I don't see Wolfgang's throwing dumbbells, carrying statues, or rowing on boats, hell I don't even see Wolfgang's in general. Could just be that pubs are how they've always been but the interest for him is already down even on the forums.  There isn't much incentive to using those perks of his since it's either wasteful, unintuitive, or not impactful.

If he moved at normal speeds carrying big items he could keep up with others or feel compelled to actually carry suspicious marbles to the statue if it was close enough, if he rowed at a higher tier oar he could be the designated rower, if tossing items also applied to large items noobies would actually interact with suspicious marbles, but mostly importantly there would be a new combat approach, carrying the suspicious marble pieces in his hands instead would actually make him feel incentivized to complete the pieces earlier since he wouldn't be dropping his backpack to hold it he could roam with it.

I just wished that because of wolfgang's absurd strength he could interact with things others would struggle with or be unable to.Picsart_22-01-03_14-53-25-727.thumb.jpg.8b9db4dddf708f83303dc92d733b6876.jpg There isn't any weapon that causes a slow debuff and he can't use naturally generated items differently than any others either.  Wolf seems to be all about ignoring speed debuffs so what about being slightly less affected by honey or webbing (This idea sucks but throwing it anyways). I'd still prefer his other perks to be altered and more heavy items added to his craft ables.

Let me deadlift or workout using the, world atleast... let me using a singular marble piece or boulder as a knock off gym on the spot is better than nothing in the wild and it would be free.PicsArt_12-30-03_03_44.thumb.jpg.48cfe99299b0ee565645bc50c705a138.jpg

Of course everything I've listed may not be possible on a technical level and not everything should be considered together. But I feel that overall wolf is still the same to me and not in a good way since the only things I enjoy is what was left behind his damage.

Yup Klei returns to regular business schedule tomorrow I think! (I gotta remember to ask JoeW about the color of towels he got this year.)

Anyway: I’m hoping they’ll make some announcements- like what we can expect for Year of the Catcoon, perhaps the 2022 Roadmap &/or if there’s going to be any further Wolfgang Tweaks.

I have several threads about that but to cut it into a TL:DR-

Either Reduce Crafting costs on Dumbells or increase their Durability. 

Allow Wolfgang to throw the stone Dumbell when at Average size instead of needing to be Mighty (this would help ease newbies into the character by letting them survive a lot easier off the newer Bunny Stew Recipe)

Thread I made about wanting various lifting animations identical to the way Klei draws him in art & animations is already linked so I won’t mention it more.

Thats about it: but mostly I’m more looking forward to what’s coming in 2022 and I hope this years roadmap tops last years (if that’s even possible!)

Wolfgang is ruined. Eating was better than working out. This is don't starve - game where your goal is to gather food. I don't care if that's not how you gain muscles in real life - this is not a real life. Klei blew it. New mighty system is easier to maintain but harder to set up. Yet without speed boost maintaining is meaningless. Eating mid battle was never an issue and people still do it for the sake of healing. Rework achieved nothing but made Wolfgang a drag. Now he is worse for people who like fast paced playstyle, better for people who sit at base and do nothing all day, and pretty much the same for everyone else. And it's such an easy fix too. No need to boil brains - just give him the perk he already had (speed). With the new mighty system, being mighty at all times for the sake of movement is actually worth it, which would make wolfgang a better character now than before rework. That's all they had to do. Yet klei are dead set on making a bunch of nonsense instead. Chopping a bit faster, carrying heavy things. Woodie's beard, Walter's love for trees. These are not perks. These are pointless nonsense. 

Very frustrating and disappointing rework. Very frustrating and unfair treatment of one of my favorite characters. All of a sudden klei are concerned that a character will turn out overpowered? Didn't seem like they cared when Wendy got reworked or Wanda was added. Even Webber got absurd buffs. 

17 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Wendy, Wanda, Webber got absurd buffs. 

All three of those characters can have content added to the game that impacts their gameplay- Ever tried to play as Woodie or Willow and use their reworked content inside a Moonstorm? 

My point is: Wanda’s healing clocks do not work AT ALL when she is taking Damage over Time from Overheating or Freezing, Just like if a mob capable of inflicting poison, fire or any other DoT effect were added: Wanda is Screwed.

Wendy is equally in a bad spot in the Warzone between Shadows & Gasthalts two mobs in the game Abigail just stands around refusing to help Wendy with at all, ANOTHER Downside to Wendy is if she needs to carefully kill one enemy in a group of enemies to avoid enraging them (Klaus) She will equally suffer.

For Webber: Anything that frightens off or instantly kills his spiders puts him in a bad spot.

With WOLFGANG what’s Klei going to do?? Increase the health, damage and speed of enemies to give him a challenge?

Rather you choose to see it or not: Wolfgang’s 1 dimensional gameplay loop doesn’t leave much room to add something to the game to challenge him- Meanwhile Wanda, Wendy & Webber all already have something in the game that challenges them: And more importantly can have more things added to the game that specifically target them.

As a Wendy Main I LOVE the idea of at sea shipwrecks where the restless undead will float around “haunting” Wendy lowering her sanity until She appeases them and brings them to peace. in other words: When Wendy’s sailing through this Bermuda Triangle style Ocean Biome the cries of the dead are driving her insane (which hey wouldn’t you know spawns TerrorClaw and Wavey Jones Both of which… Abigail will just stand around watching kill you)

So I’ll ask again, what is there that’s currently in the game or that could be added later: that challenges the version of Wolfgang that your specifically wanting?

Would he be scared stiff with a new “fright meter” when battling certain particularly scary mobs? 

Will Klaus show up while he is twirling his Gembell and slap him in the face sending it flying across the map like a Moose/Goose scream so he has to go pick it back up?

In short: It’s Okay to want an overpowered perk or two, but as I just showed with clear examples with Woodie, Willow, Wanda, Wendy & Webber: There also has to be something in the game that specifically challenges them.

And with Wolfgang: Both Pre-Rework & Current Rework- You just don’t get that.

Archived