What are peoples stances on "resource dump" raid bosses

I'm talking about bosses such as toadstool and crab king here where fighting them is about how much weather pains and dark swords you can fit in your inventory and holding f rather than bait/punish and kiting. I am wondering if anyone find these bosses gameplay fun or if its just me that despises them. I consider bosses like Fuel Weaver, Klaus, CC, and most reticently added EOT/TOT to be some of the best fights in the game because of the skill it take to dodge their attacks and mechanics that are fun to play around. Compared to Toadstool, you have to have a certain amount of items to even finish the fight and most of it is just attacking. I feel that crab king is the most disappointing because of the potential it has with all these gem combos but people almost go all purple just to even stand a chance fighting it legit and therefore resort to juggling ice staff/weather pains/attack spam. So I want to ask if you guys like these "resource management" bosses and Klei should implement more of it in the future patches.

Toadstool is very much a multiplayer based boss imo. Killing it alone is a massive resource sink, true, but the moment you have another person to help you cut down mush trees the fight becomes really fun- the need for coordination, keeping the Spore clouds out of the way, etc. It is also very obviously a lategame boss; the drops are exactly what players on long term worlds need, which is long lasting (or endless) light, another way to stifle hunger and have the spores that power the lights with it, and maybe a napsack which is supposed to be a lategame panflute but doesn't really live up. And idk if anyone shares this opinion, but Toadstool is the perfect candidate to be fought with Thulecite Club. 

As for CK, I still have some weird hope that the fight becomes better when more ocean content appears. A reinforced boat, a drilling machine that can be used as a weapon, I don't know, something absolutely crazy I couldn't come up with. CK very much encourages you to not fight yourself- that's what I did, I got Bunnymen to gnaw at him while I fixed the boat. Other than getting the bunnies, he's not that much of a resource sink, at least for me. 

On one hand, it's tedious to gather all the stuff just to fight a boss. On the other, that's just life. "The real boss fight was the prep along the way" xD

I'm not against them since you can decently cheese them both if you want.  afaik bees still work on ck yeah?

If nothing else - they are a variant of difficulty which breaks the monotony of standard bosses, even though they are a bit monotonous themselves XD

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I don't think Toadstool is a resource dump at all, he's just designed to be fought as a group of 2-4. If you fight him as a group he's one of the best fights in the game.

Can’t I just use a torch to burn all the trees and skip needing to chop them down? I haven’t fought this boss yet but I would assume if it heals from the trees near it, common sense says burn away the trees!

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can’t I just use a torch to burn all the trees and skip needing to chop them down? I haven’t fought this boss yet but I would assume if it heals from the trees near it, common sense says burn away the trees!

You can burn them BUT they take forever to burn, meanwhile still provide him the resistance boost, and once they finish burning they leave the spoor cloud behind.  idk burning 1-2 isn't bad, but you don't wanna rely on burning them all.

12 hours ago, Wurtstool said:

I'm talking about bosses such as toadstool and crab king here where fighting them is about how much weather pains and dark swords you can fit in your inventory and holding f rather than bait/punish and kiting. I am wondering if anyone find these bosses gameplay fun or if its just me that despises them. I consider bosses like Fuel Weaver, Klaus, CC, and most reticently added EOT/TOT to be some of the best fights in the game because of the skill it take to dodge their attacks and mechanics that are fun to play around. Compared to Toadstool, you have to have a certain amount of items to even finish the fight and most of it is just attacking. I feel that crab king is the most disappointing because of the potential it has with all these gem combos but people almost go all purple just to even stand a chance fighting it legit and therefore resort to juggling ice staff/weather pains/attack spam. So I want to ask if you guys like these "resource management" bosses and Klei should implement more of it in the future patches.

Unless you have many people, they are pretty bad. 

7 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

A raid boss is when the spider queen decides to establish a independent slave state and Webber brings his hordes because only he can do that.

*cough cough* no that would be ridiculous...

Archived