We have 4 threads of the 4 remaining characters, might ask: what do people think Wilson's should get during his rework?

I think unfortunately for Wilson, he’s no longer asks where is base. Instead, I see him as more of a character you use early-game to annoy public server players even more.

Maybe he should get more abilities that benefit himself and a more interesting downside, since his current ones can be solved by kick or ban. 

I can’t really think of anything for this Gentleman unfortunately.

So, me and my friends talked about this idea. We remembered about one of the concepts for Winona where she could "upgrade"/boost other character perks. A lot of you may remember that Mecha-bernie concept from a while back.

We thought it could be really neat if he got these concepts of being able to upgrade and boost other teammate characters, no perks for himself. This would be out of the ordinary, but I think it could work. I know a lot of people really enjoy Wilson being a mostly perkless character, so he could stay true to this design and not be helpful to himself, but able to boost other characters perks could be a really interesting take on a rework/refresh.

What kind of upgrades/boosts could he do? Frankly, I've got no ideas. And it might be a bit ambitious, we've got 17 other characters in the game for which each one would have to be boosted in some unique way by Wilson. So maybe it's not a plausible idea, but I still think it's a really neat concept.

This is a bit of a stretch but does anyone remember pop fizz from Skylanders?

What is he could throw weaponized concoctions and drink them for a very temporary transformation? His transformation is of a completely engulfed in hair Wilson that basically makes him look like big foot. In this form he is faster and attacks faster but has no armor. Kinda like a glass Cannon berserker. 

I hate to say it, but he should stay basic, no stat changes, nothing

I've said it a couple times and I'll say it again, giving him 1 or 2 good healing crafts to both support the team, and new players would be great. This would allow new players to experiment more with things like combat, without being overly punished for trying.

1 hour ago, Duck986 said:

We have 4 threads of the 4 remaining characters, might ask: what do people think Wilson's should get during his rework?

I think unfortunately for Wilson, he’s no longer asks where is base. Instead, I see him as more of a character you use early-game to annoy public server players even more.

Maybe he should get more abilities that benefit himself and a more interesting downside, since his current ones can be solved by kick or ban. 

I can’t really think of anything for this Gentleman unfortunately.

I say we add a perk that when he says base 3 hostile beard lords spawn.

13 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Is it wrong for me to say I don't really want them to change Wilson that much? We need a "default" character in my opinion, especially in a game like this.

As an Xbox player character reworks are a way of offering us new content to enjoy outside of the mods we don’t have.

I don’t think reworked content “ruins” a character either: if you still want to play Wes without any of his balloons just don’t make them, if you want to play Wigfrid without a song scroll don’t pursue them.

Wilson could get a science experimentation tab that dives deep into his knowledge learned from his time on the nightmare throne.

Now.. hold a second: Maxwell the former king of the nightmare throne can summon shadows with the Codex Umbra but he was bound to a chair unable to move, upon trading places with Maxwell, Wilson was also bound to this same chair: That’s the Canon starting animation for DST…

Charlie the new Queen of the constant is NOT bound to this Chair & we see her roaming all over the constant up to whatever it is she is up to.

Theres a large puzzle here but I haven’t been able to put all the pieces together yet.

I don’t think any characters should be boring & default, especially when it doesn’t force them to pick Wilson in DST..

From my experience my friends pick Woodie as their first choice, or Willow, or Wendy: Never Wilson.

I think any character who has traveled through 5 randomly generated worlds and then shows mercy upon the guy who made him suffer through all that deserves to be a little more then “default.” 

A simple, "Wigfrid-style" update would be enough. I really like the idea of him crafting blueprints for others. A useless ability in solo but a helpful one in multi. This way he stays the same default guy while also gets a new unique ability.

gonna be honest, wilson is wilson and should remain wilson, please don't overcomplicate the simple character.

BUT if a rework were to happen i think wilson being the scientist he is maybe he could get a research system where he can use resources like rocks, twigs, grass, logs and stuff like that to turn into research points, and he could use the points to craft items that require science without a science machine. Kinda like a better version of the very old science machines, but only for wilson.

29 minutes ago, vorti said:

A simple, "Wigfrid-style" update would be enough. I really like the idea of him crafting blueprints for others. A useless ability in solo but a helpful one in multi. This way he stays the same default guy while also gets a new unique ability.

Or something simpler like making blueprints yeah.

Archived