Please make pets no longer beg for food

Please make it so that pets no longer beg for food. As much as I would love to adopt a pet in the game, every time I do, I'm constantly reminded why I don't adopt a pet; having to constantly feed them because of the begging noise they make gets very old quickly.

That's why in my opinion that Woby is the best pet, even if her abilities were removed; she doesn't beg for food but can still be fed food if the player wants to.

Using a mod to make the silent the begging pet isn't fair to those who aren't subscribed to the mod either since it forces your teammates to hear the begging instead.

Ye, totally agree
I mean its kinda annoyin how often it bothers about food when it doesnt even benefit the effort in the first place
I get it they r made just to be cute and to be pet and all, my point its just is much effort to constant feed em or else get annoyed until u made it just for the sake of it 

If I don’t feed my real pet when it begs for food, it usually dies- I found this out the hard way when I was like 4-5 years old and wanted a hamster and my parents told me okay but you would be fully responsible for caring for it.

I think the games pets should be the same way, they beg for food but begging for food doesn’t appear to do anything gameplay wise beyond be annoying.

Wurts Merms should have a demanding food animation so they’ll continue to be hired without wanting to return home.. so it’s funny that pet den creatures a purely cosmetic thing- has more animations then Wurts actual Gameplay mechanics.

You feed a KittyKit enough random junk and it gets fatter, you stop feeding it, it get skinnier- completely ignore it and it’ll start crying for food.

Why do they do ANY OF THAT if they’re just purely cosmetic? 

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do they do ANY OF THAT if they’re just purely cosmetic? 

to teach you that pets arent a toy or a  cosmetic but a responsability. Thing that seems obvious but for some people pets are just another cosmetic bag or shoes. idk im your country but in mine there is a lot of abandoned pets because some people want a cute fur ball but they found that they can tolerate animal behaviour so they kick their ass into the street, hang them or drop into the rubish

do you want a pet? deal with how annoying they are. My cats breaks things, bites me, stole things, they get sick, needs cleaning and a lot of money for food but that was the deal when i adopt them

This about real life, gameplay wise... is a very cute detail from klei but it doesnt work well... i would add a domestication system:

if you take care of your pet it will end having a little perk (as mentioned by many in maaany threads) so you need to pet him, feed him, etc to get that perk and if you dont feed or pet him they will become undomesticated again or leave (instead of diying they could simply dissappear so you need to craft a new pet from 0) if you dont take care od him at all

in that way we will want to take care of our pet (what klei wants) and at the same time we will miss the pet if something wrong happens like how you miss your beefalo if it dies after many ingame years of being with you ( i even made a cementery to remember my 3k days beefalo )

right now people just ignored their pet or give them rot or other garbage which is the opposite goal of them being annoying

^^ good points- great ideas, but I hope they DON’T change the fed them Rot part, gross thing in spoiler:

Spoiler

My cats eat so much they get sick & then attempt to re-eat their meal, I have to scramble to clean it before it can but.. yeah. Guess to Him it’s just another meal- Ew.

So it makes sense you can feed KittyKit Rots, and it allows me to rid my worlds of it when I have access amounts of it all over everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

^^ good points- great ideas, but I hope they DON’T change the fed them Rot part, gross thing in spoiler:

Hide contents

My cats eat so much they get sick & then attempt to re-eat their meal, I have to scramble to clean it before it can but.. yeah. Guess to Him it’s just another meal- Ew.

So it makes sense you can feed KittyKit Rots, and it allows me to rid my worlds of it when I have access amounts of it all over everywhere.

i love giving them rot, is my way of cleaning the base from rotten seeds

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

My cats eat so much they get sick & then attempt to re-eat their meal

imaging having 2 cats, 1 that eats with anxiety until he pukes and the other obsesse with eating my other cats puke.... xDD

I actually think it would be sad, but cute if neglected pets could “die” dying doesn’t have to be overly morbid either.. you beat a Catcoon up it makes cat noises then dies over on its back with its feet sticking up in the air like a bug that just got hit by a can of Raid. Why can’t starved pets share the same animation?

It would make people actually want to take care of their pets.. and need to craft a new one should they choose to be cruel enough to not feed it.:wilson_love:

Woby on the other hand- would just have a cute animation of digging something up out the ground like a tiny bone and eating it if you neglect to feed her- Since Woby dying wouldn’t allow you to “adopt a new pet” maybe they can even make it so her “collar” automatically drops Doggy kibble like tiny Scooby snacks so you can neglect her- but unlike other Re-Craftable pets- she won’t die over.

Dont just remove begging for food because it’s annoying- that’s the entire point! :wilson_cry:

Fully agree.

When I was fighting CC for the first time I was struggling. Resources running low, full sanity and being put to sleep by gestalts. Then my pet started constantly screaming for food and I was this close to punching a hole through my monitor.

Remove them being hungry, keep the ability to feed them

On 11/17/2021 at 11:11 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Hide contents

this is gonna be gross too, but it's also about cats:

Spoiler

Sometimes my cats eat way too much and throw up after running and jumping through the house too much. There were a few times the food didn't even begin to be digested and wasn't chewed at all. I can completely see them eating it again lol.

They both were hungry and ate the (new) food i gave them right after one of them threw up today, so.... i wonder what would happen if i wasn't here to clean it up and give 'em new food straight away...

2 hours ago, Ludovicus said:

this is gonna be gross too, but it's also about cats:

Reveal hidden contents

Sometimes my cats eat way too much and throw up after running and jumping through the house too much. There were a few times the food didn't even begin to be digested and wasn't chewed at all. I can completely see them eating it again lol.

They both were hungry and ate the (new) food i gave them right after one of them threw up today, so.... i wonder what would happen if i wasn't here to clean it up and give 'em new food straight away...

i have 2 cats, 1 eats a lot and instanly puck while the other seems obsessed with his puke... i have to run if i wanna clean before she eats it xD

Archived