Chances of frog rain?

1 hour ago, penguin0616 said:

Chances are as follows: -100% (Never), 8% (Rare), 16% (Default), 33% (Often), 50% (Always), 100% (Forced)

I can’t believe the default is 16%, given how much I’m typically battered by them, but it makes this spell seem less freakish

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Is that the chance for a standard rain to be replaced with a frog rain?

Pretty much, yeah. It's all the same rain in the code, but if the chance roll succeeds it just starts queueing up frogs for spawning.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I can’t believe the default is 16%, given how much I’m typically battered by them, but it makes this spell seem less freakish

There's other factors such as a minimum precipitation rate and a minimum "maximum possible rain" that also need to pass.

There is a 16% chance for a rain to be marked as a frog rain when it starts, and it forever stays this way until it completely stops. It then starts spawning frogs if the rain becomes hard enough, and stops when it weakens or is about to stop.

This is why people keep thinking that they have back to back frog rains—in reality, it's probably the same frog rain that just paused and continued. This is further exacerbated by the fact that people kill moose with frogs; enraged moslings max out the rain time when they summon lightning, which guarantees you another frog wave.

Archived