killing bosses that really shouldn't have died

When you barely prep for a boss property and almost lose. But for some really stupid reason you win.

I got my favorite story via stupid spider. Me and a wigfrid were fighting dfly. She didnt bring more than a helm and died at the 3rd and final phase of enrage.(wig had the pan flute) dfly tripled slammed and hit all my spiders so they insta died. I don't know dfly's hp and I don't have armor so I run and then I see a singular spider run toward her for a bite and she dies in one shot. Where that spider was the whole time I don't know. If I had to guess he was just eating the meat on the floor a bit away from the fight and only went to go fight when they saw all the spiders die.

This was literally the only reason I made this post. Because I needed to share that spiders story of greatness and I couldnt find a thread of this anyway. Although I assume someone has a better story so I guess that could be a second reason.

Heh reminds me when i was farming Walrus tusks Deerclops decided to come i lured him away and continued with my farming and making a temp base there.

Much later i stumbled on a Deerclops eye lying around .. Turns out he was annihilated by several Tree Guards that sprouted in nearby area.

And i somehow didn't noticed all that fighting going on there..

Not too long ago had a fight that fits what this thread is about.

Absolute chaos.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:08 PM, SonicDen220 said:

Dragonfly fight as Wanda. At first it went smoothly.

Then hound attack started.

Then frog rain started.

Then I die.

Then I revive.

Then I win.

20211014212611_1.thumb.jpg.72bb6843b131d4c581f42ed789711511.jpg

By the way, Wanda is absolutely cursed with frog rains. Nearly every single goddamn rain in spring is a frog rain. I don't know how or why is that.

1 hour ago, SonicDen220 said:

Not too long ago had a fight that fits what this thread is about.

Absolute chaos.

Weird, I have the opposite luck, I haven't seen a frog rain as Wanda in a long, long time. Then again, I play with a potato farming Wolfgang, maybe that does something.

Killed deerclops while insane, with one helmet, and a spear as wormwood. It took 2 day's but atleast I didn't die.

That one time where I (playing as Wanda) lured Deerclops to my leftover group of Treeguards from Bearger's deforestation (for the sake of not having to risk my life fighting Deerclops), and seeing him decimate EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And by the time I was out of Treeguards to kill him, he died in one hit from my old Wanda's walking stick in a desperate attempt to lure him away from my nearby structures. Imagine geting owned by a 8.5 damage walking stick heh 

The frog rain was bothering me, so I went to my favourite frog blending machine, Dragonfly. I don't play with any health indicators anymore, so i didn't know how much they damaged her- but whenever she went to spawn Lavae, I smacked her with the alarming clock for good measure. At some point it stopped raining, and after she enraged and finally killed all the frogs, I got to run around (the arena had walled off ponds and the floor was replaced with cobblestone) until she calmed down, and then with some kiting I didn't know I could do I managed to take her down. Only one scale from this adventure, obviously, but considering it wasn't really planned and I was just curious if I could do it, I'm happy anyway. 

This entire thread reminds me of my first ever Dragonfly kill, I killed her by just tanking her with 5-6 marble armor, Battle Helms, two tentacle spikes & a fresh Hambat as Wigfrid.. but just when I was about to retreat because I was dying.. she goes down in one last hit.

I really don’t like how bosses in this game don’t show any visual indication that your hurting them (looking more beat up and close to death) because she looked as healthy as the first time I hit her which is why I always assumed: The darn thing had regenerating health and all my weapons weren’t doing enough damage to it/ it was a Coop intended boss and a single player wouldn’t be able to kill it.

I think a lot of people “give up” on fights they have no idea they’re actually about to win because of this lack of visual representation that your attacks are actually bringing it’s health down.

A SHAVED Beefalo shows more visual representation that it looks and feels miserable then your actual TAMED Beefalo does so you know if you need to retreat and heal or go in for the kill.

And sadly I would have retreated away from this dragonfly with only one measly hit left on it had it not been for my determination of “either your gonna die or I’ll die again trying!”

And if you guys didn’t know: When you retreat away from Dragonfly it actually DOES regenerate to full health.. so yeah go in for the kill and be prepared.

Archived