metheus/"cyclum" maxwell/charlie

do you think this makes some sense at all?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. do you think this makes some sense at all?

• yes
    • no lol
    • yesn't

Spoiler

well i have seen this video and i'm quite shocked and interested,
there is no doubt that the constant time is totally different from the real world
(I don't know if I'm sure about Wanda anyway, because she also seems to get older in the real world)
but I noticed some things analyzing the metheus puzzle

Spoiler
Spoiler

600.png

Spoiler

600.png?width=240&height=427

Spoiler

Spoiler

1) the moon: you can see what the phases of the moon look like, the curious thing is the appearance of these phases, it's just like the eye of the storm appearance (kind of)
image.png.c18e1faee30140ae5714a76313517d65.png

2) about time differences, are these crows??
image.png.b13c54eec742311506902cb41acd997a.png
according to the don't starve wiki, from animated short C'est La Vie crows were introduced to constant at the same time as wes, as the hands captured both.

it would be practically in the era of Constant development, as wes took the place of witherstone, maxwell and witherstone are from the same period of time, maybe maxwell was really the first to rule the world after all? 

edit: oops, apparently they are winter birds XD 
:(

Spoiler

1000.png?width=714&height=427

3) is holding the tragic torch just like charlie is holding the torch at axiom visus animated short

Spoiler

image.png.88d5fe5ba31bf92b601e4e2915f92ac1.pngimage.png.de4473af048a9426850c22eab34514bb.png  image.png
maybe that's why charlie hates maxwell so much? and maybe that's why she got corrupted? (because (maybe metheus) got corrupted/died after saving everyone)
ALSO the torch changed after (maybe metheus) got corrupted, it's not just an ordinary torch

Spoiler

and after all..
Изображение 
 (winona quote and charlie response)

this proves the time difference, and the fact that charlie was afraid of darkness just like (mAyBE mEtheUS) was afraid of shadow usage

CHARLIE = metheus?

Okay, here's the thing. That video had a bit of a mistake in it. The names were mixed up. There's a bunch of evidence for this, the first being that Metheus has been confirmed to be female. In addition, in the description of said Axiom Visus trailer, the hidden message reads as "Metheus is here" which further implies that Charlie, or whatever is possessing her is Metheus. There's more proof I could go into, but unless that's necessary I'd like to not do that.

As for the birds, I have heard, and believe so myself, that they are supposed to be winter birds. Their wings have a bluish tint to them

40 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

As for the birds, I have heard, and believe so myself, that they are supposed to be winter birds. Their wings have a bluish tint to them

and they actually planted/collected carrots so yeah
image.png.115b755e7ef111dca54f0ff7911be04f.png 

maybe they are heating up?
image.png.6ef3beb6acaab4c54c17cfbe5ae5a996.png

2 minutes ago, Rico0 said:

and they actually planted/collected carrots so yeah
image.png.115b755e7ef111dca54f0ff7911be04f.png 

maybe they are heating up?
image.png.6ef3beb6acaab4c54c17cfbe5ae5a996.png

yeah, a theory says the winterbirds are there to signify the approaching winter, and that's why they're going underground

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

If they're meant to be the birds that show up in winter why aren't they entirely blue? The snow birds also have crests which those lack.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

If they're meant to be the birds that show up in winter why aren't they entirely blue? The snow birds also have crests which those lack.

I don't speak ancient-bug-art-style. For real though, what else would they be? Crows don't have blue wings, going by your logic, and they have already been confirmed to arrive with Wes, and making a time-anomaly would just be overcomplicating it for no reason at all, and thus I believe that theory to be incorrect. Though, Maxwell does say he doesn't recognize them, but crows came after he did anyway so yeah

This theory does make some sense imo and is very fun to think about.

I personally do have reservations as a result of Metheus being 'confirmed' female, but since the vod for that stream doesn't exist anymore I think it's not a bad idea to consider the passing conment may have been retconned.

Oh yeah definitely makes sense that you need to kill Maxwell as the final boss, putting his heart inside an ancient skeleton, talking about his demise and all, when instead it's near you alive and well with his big chin, definitely makes sense......

Also, just asking, where has it been fully confirmed that even Metheus/Cyclum is the king/Queen? (doesn't matter who is who)

I'm pretty sure the only "evidence" supporting this is the fuelweaver mentioning Metheus, however, if the fuelweaver is the king, why would he mention his name instead of his queen, or the force that destroyed their society?

Personally I believe Metheus to be the Shadowy entity from the gateway, considering the ancients already knew about Alter.

Cyclum also doesn't fit, considering it's meaning is literally a cycle, pointing at how the characters are still in some sort of a cycle.

21 hours ago, Milordo said:

Oh yeah definitely makes sense that you need to kill Maxwell as the final boss, putting his heart inside an ancient skeleton, talking about his demise and all, when instead it's near you alive and well with his big chin, definitely makes sense......

The problem is just about everything you said here is just assumptions and theories in and of itself.

There's no confirmation that the Fuelweaver/Shadow Atrium is the "Ancient King". It's just a popularized theory.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

The problem is just about everything you said here is just assumptions and theories in and of itself.

There's no confirmation that the Fuelweaver/Shadow Atrium is the "Ancient King". It's just a popularized theory.

How is a theory if already fall down to his logic? It's more a fan-creating a different story than other.

16 minutes ago, Milordo said:

How is a theory if already fall down to his logic? It's more a fan-creating a different story than other.

I mean, the weakest point in the video is probably trying to connect Maxwell's literal appearance to that of the Ancients—which EVEN makes me want to bring up this:

Ancient.png.f226a2874fbc7bcdfa7c8e058cf1d291.png

This oddly human-faced Ancient Statue. In most cases it's been written off as a mask or outdated visuals. But it would absolutely make sense in the context of this theory. The mage, Maxwell, would have a remarkably different face compared to the Ancients.
EDIT: Naturally I don't fully believe this because Maxwell gives a rather lackluster quote for it, but it's fun to think about.

My point is: All theories have strengths and weaknesses. This theory 'breaks' some things we currently believe but offers patches for things we previously had no answer for. Yes it's wild and crazy, but it's also grounded—we already believed Maxwell & Charlie to be reflections of the Ancient King & Queen. This theory is just saying but "what if it's not just history repeating itself, but history itself."

It's not like I'm fully committed to it or anything, but I don't think it's something that should be written off so easily—especially for the reason I stated initially.

On 10/17/2021 at 5:08 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Also, just asking, where has it been fully confirmed that even Metheus/Cyclum is the king/Queen? (doesn't matter who is who)

about that i can only think it is slightly similar to the Bee Queen Crown XD (anyway i might be incredibly wrong about that)
image.png.83f046ef3b4d00e40f3bd0f27b1384f6.pngimage.png.d8864dc400af59ab88166263967d13d6.pngimage.png.d04c17b72802a2925c128a56eef5fada.png
image.png.ce1b9e32b486de034cacd31b348a65a6.png

Archived