DST Critter Update Idea

This is just an idea that I think would be cool to see in game, with the critters in dst without using any mods:

• Make the critters we adopt attack with at least like 5 - 10 damage so it doesn't have to be op
  • Can carry stuff with about 2-3 inventory slots
  • Special special for each critter too because the Mothling is the only critter in game with a special ability 

the damage doesnt make much sense since critters run away when you engage in combat, and the inventory slots make walter even more pointless, but each critter having a special ability is something that should be in the game

I just wish the critters would shut up after awhile. Like I get it. You're hungry! Perhaps they should, after feeding them, go quiet for a few days.

Also why are we feeding these leeches in the first place!? They don't contribute anything (aside from being adorable [which tends to diminish as they whine more]), and actually get in the way at times when you try to click on stuff; not to mention how expensive some of them are to get.

6 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I just wish the critters would shut up after awhile. Like I get it. You're hungry! Perhaps they should, after feeding them, go quiet for a few days.

Also why are we feeding these leeches in the first place!? They don't contribute anything (aside from being adorable [which tends to diminish as they whine more]), and actually get in the way at times when you try to click on stuff; not to mention how expensive some of them are to get.

We should be able to feed them for days. Is so annoying to hear the danm moonmoth (who was the psyco at klei who create that???) In the middle of a boss fight when you already feed her before starting the fight.

If we give them a meat stew should shut up them for many days meanwhile just a seed would chill them for less time

Also miniperks like the bird dropping specific seeds for characters that rely on farms, vargling helping finding prints for characters that needs meat, dragonfly pet should let us cook for few seconds after we feed him, miniglommer pooping glommer poop every X days, the kitty giving you feathers or trinkets, etc would make them worth and fun.

I dont care if they dont get perks but atleast make them less annoying.

I like that we need to be sure of adopting the pet and feed them without getting a reward. Is a nice from klei making this to represetent that animals arent toys, they usually are annoying so if you wanna adopt a pet you should be sure and want to waste time and money on feeding them and be patience with them but i think they went so far, is so annoying to be in dangerous situations with their noises drilling your brain. Imagine building with your pet noises + the damn flies from your beefalo crap

Feels like klei love annoying sounds xD

6 hours ago, Owlrus said:

Also why are we feeding these leeches in the first place!? They don't contribute anything

Like a real pet. They are just company, they dont have a debt with you. Is a nice touch but annoying talking in terms of a videogame

Some of the pet den creatures are annoying to obtain, to get a broodling you need to fight dragonfly.. to get a completely useless pet that just looks cool & does nothing else.

With as much trouble as players have to go through to get this little critter, he should at the very LEAST react like Willows Lighter and allow food to be cooked by breathing a small flame (non-spreading) on it or something.

Catcoon critter: Makes other catcoons puke an item for the player (1 day of cooldown)

Hound critter: Delays the hound wave attacks by 1 or 2 days

Gobbler critter: More bird spawning

Ewecus critter: (no idea)

Glommer critter: Petting gives sanity idfk

Dfly pet: 15% fire resistance

What yall think

Personally if Kitty Kit get reworked I want them to do actual Catcoon stuff, like get distracted by butterflies and birds- maybe they can sneak up & pounce them for you.

The Vargling I just want to run off in the direction of hunt tracks barking to make hunts easier.. really not much different from how Pipspook float away from Wendy in the direction their lost stuffs will be.

Broodling I want to be able to place uncooked foods down in front of it and it breath a small flame on it to cook for you.

Baby Ewecus I think should shed its fur every x amount of days like giving free Beefalo wools. 

Giblet maybe it can drop seeds or a have random type of feather falls from its body after X time like Ewecus.

Glom Glom can provide tiny amounts of Sanity, nothing that’s going to be game breaking enough to replace gloomer, but it IS Technically a baby Gloomer and should do Glommer type stuff.

Lunar Moth already has a purpose of giving of light.

I don’t know what the rest of the Den Critters are if I missed any please let me know and I’ll add ideas for those.

At some point in future maybe KLei will decide to refresh Critters/Pets too, more in-line with Mothling's direction - aka when well-fed will offer some small passive bon. And, as others above mentioned, perhaps have multiple levels of hunger and subsequently satiation.

Archived