Keli Should Really Re-Add The Forge and Gorge

Actually, I missed the Forge. And the Gorge was extremely fun. And technically according to the don’t starve story Mumsey Goat traveled with the survivors, so she should be with the survivors. Meaning they know how to go back there, Right? So could the Gorge and Forge be some type of reward for beating the Ancient Fuelweaver?

reforged and re-gorge-iated mods are pretty faithful reconstructions of the original events, all while adding abilities for characters that were released after the events and new gamemodes

1 minute ago, TemporarySolutn said:

single player forge?

it's possible in reforged, albiet very hard. if you play winona and set all modifers to 0.5x

27 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

reforged and re-gorge-iated mods are pretty faithful reconstructions of the original events, all while adding abilities for characters that were released after the events and new gamemodes

it's possible in reforged, albiet very hard. if you play winona and set all modifers to 0.5x

yeah, it would be possible if you made everything insta die too (point is, its modded AND tweaked)

It would be nice in a future to have a option to go through the portal, or just leave (like we do now). 

1 hour ago, Glazmikyo said:

Actually, I missed the Forge. And the Gorge was extremely fun. And technically according to the don’t starve story Mumsey Goat traveled with the survivors, so she should be with the survivors. Meaning they know how to go back there, Right? So could the Gorge and Forge be some type of reward for beating the Ancient Fuelweaver?

I would love to kill FW then go to Forge and Gorge. It could work the same as adventure mode in vanilla dont starve. That if you die/lose in Forge or Gorge you don't lose your world.

But as in the case of doing them for people that play dst alone... i don't know a answer to that. "Just don't go to Forge/Gorge" sounds too mean.

Honestly even though a never got to play these events, I don’t really want them to come back either.. because I’ll likely only play them 2-3 times then never touch them again, the same can not be said about new biomes, new mobs, new craftables and most important reworked characters/

You will spend the largest majority of your time in this game playing as a character and using their abilities.. 

These game modes (& I mean no offense to anyone who enjoyed them) seem like novelty at its best.. I mean just look at Midsummers Cawnival- Unless It ends up like that & I can turn that content back ON I’d rather Klei just focus on permanent gameplay content instead of limited time modes.

9 minutes ago, Empa505 said:

But as in the case of doing them for people that play dst alone... i don't know a answer to that. "Just don't go to Forge/Gorge" sounds too mean.

I can see it most likely being balanced by how many players are in the world, so if you are doing it solo it'll be way easier than if you go at it with say 5 people. Amount of enemy spawns can be based on the quantity of players, and health obviously too. Everyone should be able to enjoy the forge (if that is the direction we're going post FW)!

Gorge I think can be done solo as is, but I never really got into it as much as the forge, so I may be wrong?

6 minutes ago, Walk the Plank said:

I can see it most likely being balanced by how many players are in the world, so if you are doing it solo it'll be way easier than if you go at it with say 5 people. Amount of enemy spawns can be based on the quantity of players, and health obviously too. Everyone should be able to enjoy the forge (if that is the direction we're going post FW)!

Yeah i could see this happen. Forge and Gorge would be more optional challenge after FW. It would be nice to see Forge more balanced for how many players there are. As for Gorge it's pretty good already. Of course learning the recipes is going to be hard. (If you don't use wiki and such.) So overall i think they would have to do little balances to the events.

6 minutes ago, Walk the Plank said:

Gorge I think can be done solo as is, but I never really got into it as much as the forge, so I may be wrong?

Yes, you can do solo run with gorge. It's a challenge alright, multitasking a lot.

3 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

cost money to keep those servers up, money they barely made from the events themselves

Players could host them. No event skin drops tho as per usual event replay rules.

But yea a replay option for those events would be nice. For people who missed out.

I have always wanted official implementation of unofficial servers. Would be amazing if people could host community dedicated & client servers, and they would show up under "Forge" & "Gorge" filters in the server browser, maybe even with a different picture to further differentiate them.

20 hours ago, Glazmikyo said:

So could the Gorge and Forge be some type of reward for beating the Ancient Fuelweaver?

But it wouldn't work at all as a part of the normal game like you're suggesting. It would need to be on its own server since I really doubt they would be able to somehow shove it onto the Cave or Surface shard, but they already merged caves & ruins into one layer and even with that a lot of people can't play with caves enabled. So it would have to shut the main game down and bring everyone into the FGorge. But what if someone doesn't want to go into the GForge? Are they forced to, so they just disconnect from the server in frustration, or would they hold everything up and prevent anyone else from going? And what about someone who disconnects from the normal server then tries coming back in the middle of an event? And what if the server has too many people, Forge was only 6 players and Gorge was 3 but normal servers hold up to 8.

48 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I have always wanted official implementation of unofficial servers. Would be amazing if people could host community dedicated & client servers, and they would show up under "Forge" & "Gorge" filters in the server browser, maybe even with a different picture to further differentiate them.

But it wouldn't work at all as a part of the normal game like you're suggesting. It would need to be on its own server since I really doubt they would be able to somehow shove it onto the Cave or Surface shard, but they already merged caves & ruins into one layer and even with that a lot of people can't play with caves enabled. So it would have to shut the main game down and bring everyone into the FGorge. But what if someone doesn't want to go into the GForge? Are they forced to, so they just disconnect from the server in frustration, or would they hold everything up and prevent anyone else from going? And what about someone who disconnects from the normal server then tries coming back in the middle of an event? And what if the server has too many people, Forge was only 6 players and Gorge was 3 but normal servers hold up to 8.

You have a point ~ how about it be part of a event server like the hollowed nights (events) and such. But this seam all too much to make. -_- But should probably be like unlocked (but that's like a achievement)  :(.  Maybe... or they could operate it like before when the world is made you cant join after it starts (and of course with a timer). Also for that server issue it should fill up a normal world slot. I'm just asking though, if Keli can, could they?

2 hours ago, Cunning fox said:

just play mods, I made them both all by myself btw you can thank me later

Great, now if you would just okay the rights for Klei to publish them as actual additional game modes so console players can enjoy them too that would be lovely.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, Cunning fox said:

just play mods, I made them both all by myself btw you can thank me later

You can't play any mods on playstation so /* ^ *\

Also can yall tell me where to go to make mods... cause it sounds pretty fun.

Archived