Legacy duplicants from cryotank

I think it would be great if the cryotank would contain one of the legacy duplicants (those that were once available but that aren't anymore (see section "Established Duplicants -> Previously Available on the wiki https://oxygennotincluded.fandom.com/wiki/Duplicant).

There are many dupes in that list, they wouldn't need to be all available but there could be a few (5?) of the different looking ones. I just seems like a good opportunity to enrich the lore and add some sort of "Easter egg". Legacy duplicants have been discontinued (cannot get them from the printing pod anymore), but that thousand cycles old duplicant frozen in the cryotank is one of them older models.

Thoughts?

d0ccea55d83621b212c15a0b9adf0d96.png

^ who's that pokem... duplicant?

8 minutes ago, TuxSam123 said:

9 minutes ago, pether said:

Why not, by the way?

They were discontinued. 

This, pretty much. From my understanding, it is what actually happened: they were a thing, and then they were not. We only have 35 models currently being printed from the pod. It'd be a cute way of re-introducing some of the discontinued dupes into the game while still make it something "rare" since there is only 1 cryotank, so we would not have many of them in our colonies.

I mean, if the folks at Klei are into the idea, they could even make some kind of community vote to select the top 5 legacy dupes (or other number they'd choose) and implement this at the official release of the DLC. Just brainstorming here XD

2 hours ago, pether said:

I would love to see all old dupes available and a few new ones in the cryo :) I don't see how having all old dupes would destroy game balance/performance/etc

I mean, it would be great to have all of them, I just didn't want to be greedy XD I think it is important that those old duplicants would only be available via the cryotank, not printable in any other way. So we'd get 1 per playthrough. That's kind of what would make them special :-D

6 hours ago, crbd115 said:

personally most of the ones I've seen that were previously available were just reskins. I would like more unique ones, OR to update the older ones to look a bit more unique.

A more unique dupe, like "Bob" for example? He has beem taunting us from the forum background for quite a while now... :-o

On 9/16/2021 at 10:39 AM, NeoDeusMachina said:

I think it would be great if the cryotank would contain one of the legacy duplicants (those that were once available but that aren't anymore (see section "Established Duplicants -> Previously Available on the wiki https://oxygennotincluded.fandom.com/wiki/Duplicant).

There are many dupes in that list, they wouldn't need to be all available but there could be a few (5?) of the different looking ones. I just seems like a good opportunity to enrich the lore and add some sort of "Easter egg". Legacy duplicants have been discontinued (cannot get them from the printing pod anymore), but that thousand cycles old duplicant frozen in the cryotank is one of them older models.

Thoughts?

d0ccea55d83621b212c15a0b9adf0d96.png

^ who's that pokem... duplicant?

Nice idea, that would be great :p

I would also love it if there is a cabin with a frozen ( lifting ) robot dupe in the 2nd teleport colony, where the robot needs to be initially heated up to 40 Celsius in order to defrost and to start functioning. Robot dupes needs to be regular oiled at the robot oil station and only move half as fast compared to dupes, but can lift 800kg with their exoskeleton body by default.

Later in the game the player can also build robot dupes himself, but the robo factory needs permanent 50kW power supplied in order to weld the robot together from fancy materials. The robo construction process takes 10 minutes time per robot. Dupe robots don`t need food or oxygen, but need lots of oil for maintenance + plus petroleum as fuel.

Lifter robots also ignore sweepie`s, they tread on them if a sweepy is in their path and break it as they walk over it. Lifter robots can only climb 1 tile up or down ( along player built stairways as example ).

image.png.ec660761262d2c71984f5438519009df.png Advanced Heavy Lift Robot V2 - Lifts 3000kg and is operated by a dupe

The advanced lifting robot requires radbolts as fuel and only works if a dupe operates it, sitting in the control cabin. Its 8 tiles tall, so players need to consider building clearance paths for it in their base. The tank fits up to 1000 radbolts as fuel. This version can also be (un)loaded in to/from rockets, via the "Heavy Cargo Robo Transport" rocket module.

Archived