Chat About Long-Lasting Klei Servers, Griefer Mods, ect.

Stay on topic! The hopefully pleasant version of various other posts.

• Do not name specific accounts or groups.
  • Do not fight. That includes no quoting without adding on-topic discussion.
  • Do not spam "inb4 closed".
  • Do not spam low quality comments like "being on a griefer list is harassment".
  • Do not spam "this is a repeat topic", hopefully there's actual discussion in this one.

Do discuss what possible alternatives to an anti-griefer mod are, or why an alternative is not necessary.
Do discuss if it is ok for groups to play long-term on Klei Official servers, if you think it's okay to use mods to afk, and what you think should change if you think it's bad.

This topic aims to get a feel for what forum members may want regarding the saga of similar forum posts.
This topic is not about old, old, old, posts of long-lasting Klei Official servers being "held hostage". This is irrelevant since Klei added anti spawn-trap mechanics, and even before that the groups blamed for it said they had already stopped doing it.

These topics seem to attract people with vested interests; please keep shilling for your group to a minimum.

My perspective on Klei Official servers is that they're a place for people to relax and meet new players.

Public worlds with high day counts also attract a lot of new players curious about the late game. Using an afk account to keep a world alive doesn't take away from this experience, if anything it adds to it by allowing people to spend more time playing together on a world before they go their separate ways. An obvious retort would be to play an endless or non-Klei server, but they don't have the same social aspect.

The anti-griefer mod is fine as it's the obvious solution for servers that are frequently griefed without server admins blocking accounts themselves.

Honestly I think this whole topic is insignificant, it's often bought up by accounts with alternative motives, and the forums blow it out of proportion without adding anything of value.

Okay, finally. Let's have a civilized discussion.

Personally, I do see the problem with Anti-griefer mods. I don't think they should be allowed, unless someone can actually come up with an alternative that doesn't drag in innocent players. 

Someone did say something about removing client mods from Klei Servers altogether and I think that could work since the way I see it, Klei servers are for new players to relax and learn the game. BUT It's not just new players that play on Klei Servers. I've seen people say that they do in fact play in servers for boss rushing. I personally have not boss rushed so I would like input from people that do.

I don't see a problem with staying alive as long as possible, learning about the late game could be very helpful for new players. 

I don't play on public servers often, I've only played a handful of public servers, none of which were Klei Official, so I would need to know how others play Klei Official servers and other public servers. Please let me know how you play these.

klei official servers are the ideal servers for new players and old to mix together to teach each other things about the game neither knew before, it seems we all forget that there are several klei servers so having long lasting ones i think is a part of the organic atmosphere of the game, some players are just going to be more organized and skilled then others, and quite frankly without them new players would potentially never make it to year two. its so easy feat to keep a klei world alive for 24 hours however nowadays it comes down to greifing is always the end of the world. this is not what a survival game is. you shouldn't be locked into a perpetual doom of having to monitor swamp for reed burners, or people who just join to delete the world, you should loose the world because all players died, that is organic.

any post about the mod being bad is a waist of time and effort, come up with a solution. offer ideas. at this point its been years and klei has still yet to address greifing so lets think together as a community on a new solution because i promise some of us are intelligent and can figure this out in a positive way. till then live with what you got and make the best of it. if you need to appeal a ban then do so dont go with more greifing as the solution its just going to make it worse

1 hour ago, CossonWool said:

Stay on topic! The hopefully pleasant version of various other posts.

• Do not name specific accounts or groups.
  • Do not fight. That includes no quoting without adding on-topic discussion.
  • Do not spam "inb4 closed".
  • Do not spam low quality comments like "being on a griefer list is harassment".
  • Do not spam "this is a repeat topic", hopefully there's actual discussion in this one.

Do discuss what possible alternatives to an anti-griefer mod are, or why an alternative is not necessary.
Do discuss if it is ok for groups to play long-term on Klei Official servers, if you think it's okay to use mods to afk, and what you think should change if you think it's bad.

Gotta love these Server Raiders, can't get enough power in Klei servers, they love backseat moderating in the forum as well. How selfless of them.

Honestly I think this whole topic is insignificant, it's often bought up by accounts with alternative motives, and the forums blow it out of proportion without adding anything of value.

Speak for yourself, buddy.

Spoiler

3.thumb.png.5fbd43c7f0527e044a99b12e7e42075f.png

unknown.thumb.png.6827c47aace4e1a8a1693f40b09f910e.png

Want to know why when people talk about you guys they need to include evidence? Because since the first damn thread of tentacle/ spawn trap mentioned on Klei forum, all of your member went defense it and called anyone spoke against you guys griefers till the post get lock. Yeah buddy, it is not no-man rule Klei servers when you can censor everyone by kicking them out then add them in your "legit" ban list later.

Don't want people to talk about what you have done? Fine. Do this:

8.thumb.PNG.6fa2859aa3279239ec36fb631f056289.PNG

When countless players that got grief said they forgive Raider Group, swear, no one will ever mention your crime again.

My perspective on Klei Official servers is that they're a place for people to relax and meet new players.

Public worlds with high day counts also attract a lot of new players curious about the late game. Using an afk account to keep a world alive doesn't take away from this experience, if anything it adds to it by allowing people to spend more time playing together on a world before they go their separate ways. An obvious retort would be to play an endless or non-Klei server, but they don't have the same social aspect.

The anti-griefer mod is fine as it's the obvious solution for servers that are frequently griefed without server admins blocking accounts themselves.

Back to the "Civilize". The reason someone AFK in the first place (YES PEOPLE, GRIEFING ONE YEAR AGO IS GRIEFING VERY LONG LONG LONG TIME AGO) because they want world alive for their personal use, which is "World record longest day in Klei server". When they want to protect precious "World record", they not gonna let anyone go near it, and the best way to do it is spawn killing. Oppsie that is not possible anymore. Here is a bright idea, how about auto kick mod instead.

If AFK is really okay would you mind letting some dude do 8 accounts afking Klei server just because the dude want to do "longest day count in Klei server" world record? Your longest day times and extra electricity bill do not give you the entitlement to do whatever you please in Klei servers fellas, get your own Dedicated server, cheaper and easier to keep it alive.

A good way to make the mod 100% acceptable with everyone would be to simply make it a server mod and not a client mod. 

There are already a lot of server mods that prevent griefing but this mod would be very good in particular because of it's broad banlist. People still do get griefed on their own servers but this mod could prevent that from happening, especially if you just can't be bothered to make your own banlist on your server. 

There is even a chinese "No Griefer" mod that pretty much does the same already, additionally it has much better reviews on steam because it's a server mod. 

30 minutes ago, GNGR bred boi said:

A good way to make the mod 100% acceptable with everyone would be to simply make it a server mod and not a client mod. 

There are already a lot of server mods that prevent griefing but this mod would be very good in particular because of it's broad banlist. People still do get griefed on their own servers but this mod could prevent that from happening, especially if you just can't be bothered to make your own banlist on your server. 

There is even a chinese "No Griefer" mod that pretty much does the same already, additionally it has much better reviews on steam because it's a server mod. 

to reiterate this is a thread about klei servers not private servers if the mod was server side it would be equivalent to removing it which i assume your well aware of. now if klei added this to all their servers would you be opposed to that seeing as that is your solution i assume you wont be happy with that result

Halberd said, "Gotta love these Server Raiders, can't get enough power in Klei servers, they love backseat moderating in the forum as well. How selfless of them"

Are you not doing the same thing?  
Halberd said, " get your own Dedicated server, cheaper and easier to keep it alive."

A group made their own dedicated servers. The owners even rent servers for others to play on for free.  This group can make their own rules for their servers and they can pick their own admins.  Anyone can apply to be an admin.  It seem someone has become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.  

Halberd are you now wanting to tell the owners who they can have as their admins?   Are you wanting to dictate to a group how they can run their servers?   Are you wanting to tell this group who they can ban and who they can not.  

My advice make your own dedicated servers so you and your friend can play there like the DST group did.  You tell this group of Klei server raiders to make their own servers.  You and your griefer friends can do the same.  Klei is open to everyone.  If you don't like it make your own dedicated servers.

13 minutes ago, longvue.ttv said:

if the mod was server side it would be equivalent to removing it which i assume your well aware of.

Yes but the thing is that's the main issue with this mod, other players shouldn't have the authority to take over those servers, simply because they're not their servers. They should be servers that everyone can join. 

Additionally many public servers already have a banlist of their own, this mod would just make it easier to have a banlist without having to actually make one yourself. 

5 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

removing client mods from Klei Servers altogether and I think that could work

Oooh hot take.

I will say though, that'd prevent me from even considering public servers since one of the clientside mods I use is to prevent headaches. The insanity music does funny things to my head and makes it start to hurt, so I use a clientside mod to turn it off. I don't want ALL music off, just THAT music.

The rest of the clientside mods I use are just small QoL and I could play without them if I must. The one that turns off the headaches, however...

49 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

The rest of the clientside mods I use are just small QoL and I could play without them if I must. The one that turns off the headaches, however...

you play wit ought geometric placement? i agree completely this would be a deterrent from all players to join klei worlds. nobody would ever play there just keep in mind banning all client mods isnt something thats reasonable client mods are designed to be client side, this mod dosnt do anything lets be honest, you choose to toggle on autokick or not, you choose to listen to a mod telling you someone is a greifer, the mod just helps but dosnt do anything for you. if you know u get kicked from servers either as you say make a private server, or what id say is plead your case server by server, i trust the mod, i trust the ban process, if you are banned i trust 99% of the time its a greifer is banned and not a mistake. if its a mistake sorry you got the short end of the stick but just appeal it and i dont see why you wont be unbanned if it truly is a mistake. if its not and you are lying well then shame on you

As someone suggested before.

Enforcing purity on official Klei servers (blocking client sided mods) similar to like Valve did for L4D2 would probably be for the best.

It's not very elegant solution but it would eliminate any potential problems that sketchy client mods could cause.

15 minutes ago, Gibberson said:

The mod would be fine if it wasn't also managed by griefers using the mod to mask what they do.

if you got banned from klei rather then a group for the same stuf would you just accept it, these discussion points are redundant lets work together to solve the issues rather then to make everyone not happy and greif lets play together then there would be no need for a ban system at all seeing as its okay to greif? as the original topid lets not discuss server hostage because that was years ago and still the only argument that they greif when that was specifically designed to be an anti greif rather then a greif itself, i understand it is wrong i wasnt present but it seems like you base all  your hate either 1 because someone didn't let you into a server 3 years ago or 2 because you are banned because you greifed and are upset you got punnished. i just cant comprehend the argument lets remove banning  which is what your preaching. and if its not who cares who runs it if you have a ban because u actually greifed stop complaining

I'm not preaching to remove the mod entirely nor am I complaining. Proof was already shown that the mod's creator makes sure his friends are safe from getting onto the list while they themselves grief. The problem with the mod is that I was already unbanned where I originally got banned and I wasn't reported on a klei official either, I was going after his scummy friends for targeting people and got shoved into the same category.

I think bans on public servers shouldn't last forever for people who actually play the game and have substantial hours invested. Temp banning is a good solution rather than keeping someone on the list over a vendetta that the mod creators have.

It's been proven that the list is flawed by some people being on it for killing glommer or burning 1 tree, both of which shouldn't be subject to a ban on a list.

for clarification you got unbanned and still got kicked? would you not expect there to be delay and or a failure in communication. did you report on the mod forum appeal bans here hey i got unbanned please remove me thx>? or just immediately blame it on corruption. im just trying to understand the whole story

2 minutes ago, longvue.ttv said:

for clarification you got unbanned and still got kicked? would you not expect there to be delay and or a failure in communication. did you report on the mod forum appeal bans here hey i got unbanned please remove me thx>? or just immediately blame it on corruption. im just trying to understand the whole story

I got banned on a dst group hosted server that I appealed for, but since the list takes from multiple sources and the mod owner being so bent on keeping as much people on the list as possible I wouldn't be able to get off his list despite meeting all the requirements and my record being cleared.

I didn't even know of the mod until I tried joining a klei official and was kicked immediately and a friend showed me the mod.

1 minute ago, longvue.ttv said:

The mod creator is known to be unforgiving and corrupt, very few people have actually got off the mod's banlist. Even if you apply to get off and have a chance to be unbanned, chances are it won't be for a while either because the mod creator is lazy and doesn't update the mod very often. 

21 minutes ago, GNGR bred boi said:

The mod creator is known to be unforgiving and corrupt, very few people have actually got off the mod's banlist. Even if you apply to get off and have a chance to be unbanned, chances are it won't be for a while either because the mod creator is lazy and doesn't update the mod very often. 

21 minutes ago, Gibberson said:

I got banned on a dst group hosted server that I appealed for, but since the list takes from multiple sources and the mod owner being so bent on keeping as much people on the list as possible I wouldn't be able to get off his list despite meeting all the requirements and my record being cleared.

thats really unfortunate that happened im sorry. i still beleive however calling names and making broad generalizations about a group based on a few people isnt right, i dont think the mod creator is lazy either i just think realistically theres soooo many people who get banned its hard to keep up with it which unfortunately if u did get banned you have to deal with a long que to be unbanned. i dont believe its a perfect system at all but i do believe its best :as of right now: and i think its not only the better of the alternative i think its essential for long term playstyles where you want to survive to kill celestial champion. i believe dst is designed so you can kill the champion and if you cant either not skilled enough to make it that far or greifers ruin the world and that is unfortunate. 

i wish there was something more to be done to help the innocent but unfortunately when people are hard against a group who does more good then bad its hard to side with people who are so volatile i try to stay in the middle and just thingk(sorry for typo) whats best for the general ya know?

@Gibbersonanother thing to note, if you are no longer banned in dst group servers go play there if you get kicked because of the mod thats kick abuse according to them and just report it to dst group.  if they dont have u banned you should be able to play on their server to my knowledge no matter what a mod says

@Halberd Please stay on topic. You say that auto kick is like spawn killing, but never elaborate what you want done. You extrapolated the afk accounts point to a situation about a server of several afk accounts; if this situation existed, what would you like done?

Regarding everything else in your post, it's off topic, see the spoiler.

Spoiler

You say you want something to happen about accounts that griefed one year ago, but then use screenshots from two years ago to try and make me look bad. You may be misunderstanding the "afk" screenshot too, everyone briefly goes afk, I wasn't even playing Maxwell in the screenshot. I'm unsure if the Server Raiders group still exists, I played a decent amount on public worlds at the time so got to know people. Years ago the day count goal was good because it kept people together - like I said in the initial post, it's about the social aspect more than the day count itself. If the only goal was a high day count then more afk accounts would be used. You are misunderstanding if you think I'm directly involved in auto-kicking, ban lists, afk mods, and probably anything else you consider to be in that vein. Please don't name specific accounts or groups. Saying "back to the "Civilize"" near the bottom of your post doesn't make everything above it more on-topic, please consider editing it out.

Your account was created 13 days ago and only posts on similar topics, clearly it's an alt. Please keep shilling for your group to a minimum.

When I said this topic was often bought up by accounts with alternative motives, I meant it. I'm tired of hearing this same topic filled with accounts drowning out any reasonable discussion with their shilling (not just your fault, unfortunately all groups seem to do it without realising). I know people from public servers and also understand people getting irritated for being kicked, especially if they believe that kick is unfair. This post goes out of its way to encourage actual discussion without much bias either way.

2 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

I will say though, that'd prevent me from even considering public servers since one of the clientside mods I use is to prevent headaches. The insanity music does funny things to my head and makes it start to hurt, so I use a clientside mod to turn it off. I don't want ALL music off, just THAT music.

Yeah, that's why I stated that it could also not work well. An alternative might be to make the mod itself sever-sided only but the modder most likely won't cooperate.

Unfortunately I can't think of anything else that could work to prevent this, so if any of you have some other ideas (other than what Gibberson suggested here:

The mod would be fine if it wasn't also managed by griefers using the mod to mask what they do.

), please let me know.

I also want to thank you all for keeping things mostly calm so far, discussions can go much better and farther when everyone is cooperating and not fighting.

8 hours ago, Halberd said:

Gotta love these Server Raiders, can't get enough power in Klei servers, they love backseat moderating in the forum as well.

I really don't see the issue with having a reminder of forum guidelines on heated/controversial topics like these.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

I really don't see the issue with having a reminder of forum guidelines on heated/controversial topics like these.

I don't either, but my problem is about censoring opinions before they even start. Talking about gate-keeping mod, AFK-scripting, Server hostage without mention the context, the motive, the negativity, or what already happened in Klei servers and how people were badly affected by it? What should we say? Rainbow and sunshine about how great an achievement it is and definitely everyone wants it?

I already suggest how to deal with the spam kick feature in this thread. Pretty much everything here is just a repeat as well.

Maybe just shut down Klei servers instead?

The long term players would then be forced to play on other servers

The griefers would not need to wage war over Klei servers

Klei has problem keeping the servers up and running anyway

Klei has problem moderating their own servers anyway

The general forumers do not care about Klei servers anyway

Archived