ways to improve NoGriefer mod or ideas to create a better mod

recently i have seen many posts complaining about the no griefer mod, i think it needs improvement so i will write my ideas in this post, if you have any sugestion, feel free to post it.

1. the decision to ban someone must be made by a team dedicated to carefully reviewing reports and evidence.
  2. bans shouldn't be permanent, a better system could ban you 1 week the first time, 2 weeks second time, 1 month the third time, and those punishments will increase if the user is still griefing.
  3. if a griefer joins to the server the mod should warn all players but only one time to prevent spam, i don't know if is possible but the mod should notify all players if someone burned a structure that was created by other player.

alsokleiscreenshot.PNG.e6b1db2e676aed98926e6947a4d5d429.PNG

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

The mod that is kicking out players is client? How? 

I believe the idea behind the mod is this.

There's a global ban list the mod uses, and when the mod detects a user in the server that's in the ban list, it starts a vote kick and types in chat for the user with the mod "So and so is a griefer for this reason!"

It's then up to the rest of the server if they'd like to trust the mod, and vote yes along with it. The mod can't actually kick players, it just starts a vote kick and lets the server know that this person is supposedly a griefer.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

How are people getting insta kicked as soon as they game loads? Is that only on private servers?

I believe you can start a vote kick against people as they're loading in, so the mod detects the user just as they joined, and while they're loading the vote kick takes place.

Edit: Ah woops, you deleted your reply :p Now this reply looks odd xD

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I believe you can start a vote kick against people as they're loading in, so the mod detects the user just as they joined, and while they're loading the vote kick takes place.

Edit: Ah woops, you deleted your reply :p Now this reply looks odd xD

Yeah sorry. I realized that I should probably stay out of it if I don't even know whats what. Lol 

I really appreciate you explaining things to me though. Thanks.

A way to improve the mod would be to make it a server mod and not a client mod, really no one but official Klei admins should be allowed to police their own servers. If it were a client mod a lot more people would be using it for their own personal server banlists and it would be a lot more acceptable than to just be banned from all public servers. 

1 minute ago, GNGR bred boi said:

no one but official Klei admins should be allowed to police their own servers.

Additionally, if you boil it down it really is just players against other players, and one group of those players just so happened to make a mod that spans all servers to get a foothold against the other players, they don't have any real authority over the servers but they are getting people to instant kick others for sometimes unknown reasons, usually because random people are on the list for something trivial or unknown. 

3 hours ago, Gods fiddler said:
  • the decision to ban someone must be made by a team dedicated to carefully reviewing reports and evidence.
  • bans shouldn't be permanent, a better system could ban you 1 week the first time, 2 weeks second time, 1 month the third time, and those punishments will increase if the user is still griefing.

The mod shouldn't be adjusted, it shouldn't be allowed at all, if it were a server only mod then it would be fine. 

5 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Klei just outright banned all mods on their official servers. 

Maybe that's the best solution. 

Oh noes, Not being able to use Gesture Wheel, Snapping tills or Action Queue in Klei servers? You're describing the shape of my nightmares.

Also don't let the successive posts about it leave a biased demonic image of the mod for you. For the most part, what it does is to make your charactrer chat or whisper "Be careful of TheLegend27, he is in a trusted banlish for: Burning the base, abusing Starcaller staff and weather pain to destroy structures" when it detects the name of someone in the dangerous list joining. It can be configured to announce everytime a <20 day survivor equips a torch, hammer etc, or automatically start a kick vote for you when someone in the lists is detected, which can get annoying. I guess the point is, it's important to be considerate and configure it prudently.

2 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Oh noes, Not being able to use Gesture Wheel, Snapping tills or Action Queue in Klei servers? You're describing the shape of my nightmares

I'm gonna reduce all you pc master race folk to our level! MUWHAHAHAHA 

BE PREPARED FOR A CONSOLE PEASANT LEVEL EXPERIENCE.

INCLUDING BAD CONTROLS, BROKEN WEATHER PAIN, NO AIMING, AND ZERO CURSOR HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have no faith in the people that contribute to this mod. They are the reason Klei implement Portal protection, after all. Maybe it is too much to ask but can we at least got double confirmation on the kick-vote, so no instant vote kick before someone even finishes loading, or block vote kick to a new player is less than five minutes of play time so at least people can explain themself before they get ban of server.

16 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Klei just outright banned all mods on their official servers. 

Maybe that's the best solution. 

While this is kind of a "dirty" solution. (Valve did similar thing for L4D2)

*sadly* it probably would be for the best if they did.

Archived