Chat About Long-Lasting Klei Servers, Griefer Mods, ect.

yall missing the obvious point. Klei is doing NOTHING at all, if someone threatens to find out where i live and murder my entire fam. thats totaly okay if someone renames himself to your name in order to try and destroy your rep. thats also totaly okay, both crimes in most countrys today jet there isn´t any report button ;)

There is nothing inherently wrong with keeping a list of griefers or playing on a Klei server for a long time. The issues come when you publicly share your list of griefers in an autokick mod that spams the chat, or use idle programs (which lag the server due to incompetence) and hold the server hostage blocking the spawn off and kicking people for bad reasons, acting like you own the server.

I myself have a list of griefers, and I only add people to it if I have indisputable proof that they did it. If I recognize a name I'll run their SteamID through the list to see if they're a griefer and if I just joined I'll leave but if I've been there awhile I call a kick and say they're a griefer, then people vote yes because I have 10x the day count of everyone else so they believe me. I don't share this list with others because I don't think anyone should. It would be all too easy for me to add someone because I didn't like them, or add someone based on a misunderstanding, or add someone because someone else said they did it but they had no proof of their actions, or any other variety of reasons. I don't do any of that, but how would anyone who downloads my list know that? Keeping the lists private would keep the impact of any potential wrongful additions relatively insignificant since it only prevents them from joining the server the list creator is currently playing on.

Oh, I almost forgot. Inb4 closed Inb4 closed Inb4 closed Inb4 closed Inb4 closed Inb4 closed Inb4 closed.

Archived