Questions about mega basing

Hi im TopNEP and i needed to know about some stuff when it comes down too mega basing.

> Mega bases are supposed to be done in the dragonfly desert, where the sudden wild fire event during summer happens.
> We build our base in the dragon fly desert then, the base still was going into flames in the summer.
> desperately wants help, - A) we turn off wild fire   B) Where was our mistake and how can we mega base during summer

This is my first time writing in a forum, and i just want some help when it come to mega basing. For me it seems super cool that you can do that, its just i know that fling o matics are not the solution for that.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:44 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Oasis desert, the one with the sandstorm, is wildfires proof. Dragonfly dessert hasnt this effect but also things can burn because of tumblerweeds going into lavapools

Ironically the DF desert is considered one of the worst places to base because of that reason. Also if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the oasis only protect against wildfires while the sandstorm is active?

2 hours ago, Owlrus said:

Ironically the DF desert is considered one of the worst places to base because of that reason. Also if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the oasis only protect against wildfires while the sandstorm is active?

Burning tumble weeds are rare, most people won't build close enough for them to spawn simply because the dragonfly and surrounding hound mounds are annoying enough that you'd want them off screen. If you want to build near the dragon fly, you can build enough layers of walls around the lava pools to keep tumbles from burning, or a really long fence to keep burning ones from reaching anything important. Rarely oasis bases might need to take this precaution if the world gen merges the deserts.

5 hours ago, Owlrus said:

Also if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the oasis only protect against wildfires while the sandstorm is active?

While the sandstorm is active on your screen, yes. If you loiter near the border or are unlucky as you enter or exit the biome you can create fires inside what should be a sandstorm.

6 hours ago, 2021gingerm said:

Wildfires may not come to the the oasis but the fire hounds do.  So even in Oasis summer and Autumn you need a Flingo for the hounds.    Also, the crops in the summer will not grow without flingo.  The plants will just wither.  

You can run before they come to a safe place.

If you gather grass and twiga in the rest of the year, you dont need flingos for them. Also crops dont wither

I base in the oasis and the only flingo i have is built outside of it. In beequeen in case i fight her in autumn and fire hounds comes so i can protect my merm houses.

Is useful for freezing hounds to make the fight easier but you dont really need any flingo

Archived