Taffy is Useless (Opinions)

Taffy... useless... or no?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like taffy as a dish?

Yes I'm keeping this going, the useless dish threads ("collab" with everyone, just use the same poll options plz)

i don't like taffy, like, it's a mediocre sanity restoration dish... here's how and why it is

• It takes FOREVER to cook in the crock pot
  • Takes away your health .-.
  • Uses honey when you could use it for better things (although honey is quite easy to farm)

on top of all that, there are better sanity dishes and foods... here are my go to's

1. Ice Cream
  2. Jelly Salad (if I'm Wigfrid)
  3. Cooked Cactus flesh
  4. Electric milk itself

the easiest one on this list is cooked cactus flesh. All you need is a helmet to harvest it.
Cook it and you get your sanity, AND the health you lost back

• 12.5 hunger
  • 15 sanity
  • 1 health

only use taffy for an easy sanity dish as Wigfrid, otherwise, terrible dish!

Taffy is just practically free once you've got bee boxes up, so I like it. It's not amazing, but if I want sanity, and I cant really think of anything else to make or eat, then ill just plop four honey in a crockpot for taffy.

9 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Taffy is just practically free once you've got bee boxes up, so I like it. It's not amazing, but if I want sanity, and I cant really think of anything else to make or eat, then ill just plop four honey in a crockpot for taffy.

I don't like waiting forever for it to cook :(
I am STILL using cooked cacti

Anytime I hear the words taffy my gums automatically start to hurt. 

The -1hp on taffy should be removed, even if you have to go through hell to eat it. Jelly beans also get stuck in my teeth but they heal 122hp. Candy during the halloween event heals hp too so lets keep the trend going. 

When was the last time Klei even updated a recipe? Oh yeah, never. 

Huh, maybe that's coming in the next update? Yeah, right.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Anytime I hear the words taffy my gums automatically start to hurt. 

The -1hp on taffy should be removed, even if you have to go through hell to eat it. Jelly beans also get stuck in my teeth but they heal 122hp. Candy during the halloween event heals hp too so lets keep the trend going. 

Maybe taffy hurts the player, because its not as good as saltwater taffy. saltwater taffy when? we got plenty of salt here.

Just now, Flarezen said:

Maybe taffy hurts the player, because its not as good as saltwater taffy. saltwater taffy when? we got plenty of salt here.

Jelly bean.

Also not all cactus flesh is safe to eat. I looked up the barrel cactus, which is the one to have inspired the variety in dst, and its said not to be safe for consumption (the fruit is). In other words, real world rules should apply to the game when considering balance.

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Also not all cactus flesh is safe to eat. I looked up the barrel cactus, which is the one to have inspired the variety in dst, and its said not to be safe for consumption (the fruit is). In other words, real world rules should apply to the game when considering balance.

Sir this is a video game and there's only 1 type of cactus and it's 100% safe to eat :D

7 minutes ago, Dextops said:

no

Not reacting this time, stop farming reputation!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Dude, join these questions into 1 thread.

no

5 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Still using cooked cacti, HAHA NO ONE CAN CONVINCE ME TO USE TAFFY AGAIN!!! :wilson_evil:

you should already have a bunch of bee boxes up they are one of the best food sources you'll be having more taffy than cacti in no time

12 minutes ago, Dextops said:

you should already have a bunch of bee boxes up they are one of the best food sources you'll be having more taffy than cacti in no time

Nope, making a lot of dishes is just wasting time, especially considering it takes forever to cook!
that, that definitely doesn't convince me

2 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Nope, making a lot of dishes is just wasting time, especially considering it takes forever to cook!
that, that definitely doesn't convince me

don't need to mass produce them since honey lasts a long time make it when you need it

1 minute ago, ShadowQueen said:

I never need taffy because it's a mediocre dish that takes forever! Cactus is an easy, quick grab n' go snack

requires you to base in a specific spot for it to be useful and you should already be making the stuff to get taffy since honey is super good and relative to your base wherever you based getting honey and making it to taffy is faster than going out getting cactus cooking and eating it and honey is much more easier to be mass produced and can be relocated unlike cactus

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

requires you to base in a specific spot for it to be useful and you should already be making the stuff to get taffy since honey is super good and relative to your base wherever you based getting honey and making it to taffy is faster than going out getting cactus cooking and eating it and honey is much more easier to be mass produced and can be relocated unlike cactus

You don't need to base in the desert for cacti, just base close by to it

Archived