NoGriefer mod injustice

14 minutes ago, MilesUpshore said:

Saw this thread in forum activity tab before I even clicked on it, and it's super funny how the only one who keeps posting about this has been banned from other dedicated server groups, especially for their longgggg history of being super rude to other players and the group's admins. Not gonna name anyone but if you know, yeah lol.

Also back on topic: the only time I ever used this mod is on public Klei servers, since the dedicated server group that I hanged around before (DST dedicated server group) uses their ban list, which makes this more suited for unmoderated servers. Even then, you can message the creator to remove yourself from the ban list + I don't use it frequently since I don't play much anymore. Otherwise, whether you use the mod or not is once again YMMV, and not many use it anyways so shrug.

You mean like, the grand tally of one groups admins that banned me for stealing 16 pigskin 5 years ago and couldn't show any kind of humanity to me?

what I see is many people throwing hatred at the mod and it turns out that they are on the list, I do not see the mod as a bad thing, it has helped me to protect my server from griefers and when I enter a klei server and I have played less than 20 days serves as a warning to players that there is a griefer on the server, they decide if they kick it or not, for my part I no longer play much on klei servers due to the abundance of griefers and some errors of the mod that kick players that are on the list but they aren't griefers, it is a good mod, it has collateral damage but it is the price for the players to protect their bases, what should be done is to check the lists again to know which players are on that list unfairly

1 minute ago, Gods fiddler said:

what I see is many people throwing hatred at the mod and it turns out that they are on the list, I do not see the mod as a bad thing, it has helped me to protect my server from griefers and when I enter a klei server and I have played less than 20 days serves as a warning to players that there is a griefer on the server, they decide if they kick it or not, for my part I no longer play much on klei servers due to the abundance of griefers and some errors of the mod that kick players that are on the list but they aren't griefers, it is a good mod, it has collateral damage but it is the price for the players to protect their bases, what should be done is to check the lists again to know which players are on that list unfairly

the mod does not work, you only think it works because people are banned before theyre able to play the game, please prove me wrong.

4 minutes ago, Checkered Scars said:

You mean like, the grand tally of one groups admins that banned me for stealing 16 pigskin 5 years ago and couldn't show any kind of humanity to me?

Not replying anymore but go figure (spoilered for death threats, this is said to a group admin).

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-01-21_15_19_08.thumb.png.5c0b8a3dc01b10f2db9f6cdebf94c835.png

I am directly choosing to do this as a direct result from being blocked and belittled by the person you are trying to talk about, and this was some of the most recent ones, as in the freshest ones, (as in they are the result of constant and habitual vicious belittling and arrogance from an individual who wouldn't care if i died tomorrow no matter what time and place this was taken)

None of that was death threats, by the way.

8 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

The mod would be great if it's meant as a server side mod, meant to protect people who want to protect their own servers, not Klei's servers. Yes, there shouldn't be griefers on Klei servers, but innocent people are being caught up in the mod, and this mod would even be better if it was run by someone who has absolutely no bias, however I don't think that really is possible. 

4 minutes ago, MilesUpshore said:

Snip

The most toxic people are always the most vocal. 

On-topic though, I fail to see how this is an issue: Systems that require an appeal to be removed from blacklists is a practice as standard as they come specifically to PREVENT cases like these in which the guilty party comes back. Because there is a choice list of people still in the outskirts of the community who are poised for any chance to cause drama -- names which I won't bring up to avoid calling a witch hunt. 

2 minutes ago, Checkered Scars said:

the mod does not work, you only think it works because people are banned before theyre able to play the game, please prove me wrong.

I don't have any hard evidence and obviously you can't see the future of the "would they have griefed if we didn't kick" but I have at least 6 anecdotal experiences where I ignored the mod's warning and the person ended up emptying out all fridges; stealing everything from chests, summoning dwarf stars onto structures, started hammering all structures, setting fire to everything, burning all reeds and destroying all ancient pseudoscience stations, stealing all existing thulecite medallions at base and hiding the ancient key somewhere very remote.

There was even one instance where the person on the list admitted that they totally came in to burn the base but loved how well the base was designed and leaving.

2 minutes ago, Checkered Scars said:

no it works because when i enter to a server it tell to everyone who is a possible griefer, and the mod should't kick someone automatically,instead it only show a warning to players, and then the players should talk with the possible griefer to know if the griefer is real or only a false alarm

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

The most toxic people are always the most vocal. 

On-topic though, I fail to see how this is an issue: Systems that require an appeal to be removed from blacklists is a practice as standard as they come specifically to PREVENT cases like these in which the guilty party comes back. Because there is a choice list of people still in the outskirts of the community who are poised for any chance to cause drama -- names which I won't bring up to avoid calling a witch hunt. 

Is that how that is? despite the fact that i have met over 5 different people who have been let through by the filter by the deliberate choice of the persons in use of it, and none of them were greifers? i even befriended a couple of them and went to the ruins with them?

Also if we could go off topic for a moment, if that statement were true cancel culture wouldn't exist, but here we are, friend.

People usually aren't present for anecdotal evidence, but you are defending a product with overwhelming flaws and problems with its core design, staging a greifing incident is extremely easy, and i can get anyone on that list if i really cared enough to, but would i care to do it if i were to have let this information go the public just now? likely not, now would i?

Not to mention this product defends servers which they do not own, and as well is run by a third party which has no transparency, you are all going off emotions or anecdotal evidence too, wouldn't that make the argument we make have more ground due to it proving a point from the start?

1 minute ago, Checkered Scars said:

Is that how that is? despite the fact that i have met over 5 different people who have been let through by the filter by the deliberate choice of the persons in use of it, and none of them were greifers? i even befriended a couple of them and went to the ruins with them?

Also if we could go off topic for a moment, if that statement were true cancel culture wouldn't exist, but here we are, friend.

There are exceptions to every rule. Simple as that.

Also miss me with that bait, son.

no it works because when i enter to a server it tell to everyone who is a possible griefer, and the mod should't kick someone automatically,instead it only show a warning to players, and then the players should talk with the possible griefer to know if the griefer is real or only a false alarm

This is also false, otherwise these people wouldn't be immediately kicked on join before they can fully connect to the game.

It's an option in the mod that anyone can turn on auto kick, most people press "yes" out of impulse without further question or reason.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

There are exceptions to every rule. Simple as that.

Also miss me with that bait, son.

Sure there are exceptions to every rule, but I'm just saying, the creator of this mod shouldn't have the power to put in place rules on Klei's servers, Klei should be the ones doing that. 

In my opinion This mod would be VERY and I mean VERY GOOD at defending 2,000+ day worlds with mega bases from greifers. Imagine all of that hard work getting burned down by greifers. Thats what the no greif mod is amazing for. Protecting big worlds like that,

HOWEVER, Godamnit, it bans innocent, It would be amazing if it was server side only.

1 minute ago, GNGR bred boi said:

Sure there are exceptions to every rule, but I'm just saying, the creator of this mod shouldn't have the power to put in place rules on Klei's servers, Klei should be the ones doing that. 

And I would agree ultimately. It's a difficult thing to manage, though; does Klei impose a rule that there has to be some sort of council behind the list to prevent the situation right now where the guy in charge of it has a giant ego? Or should it be that server owners can create their own lists - so Klei (or other admins) themselves could have their own detached from the original author's? The latter is definitely more feasible at least.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

And I would agree ultimately. It's a difficult thing to manage, though; does Klei impose a rule that there has to be some sort of council behind the list to prevent the situation right now where the guy in charge of it has a giant ego? Or should it be that server owners can create their own lists - so Klei (or other admins) themselves could have their own detached from the original author's? The latter is definitely more feasible at least.

Simply what i said before 

"

This is a simple solution i want

Remove the feature that votekicks users automatically, make the mod server side only, or remove it.

one of these 3 options.

And as well, make the banlist able to be seen by everyone."

"

They do not own the right to kick people from servers they do not own, or have not consented to it.

I've gotten quite tired of this back and fourth, so lets recap before i sleep

I Simply do not want a person who has no authority over a server to use votekick to lull people into getting kicked who he doesnt like, or views as greifers (Which are gaming criminals, next to hackers) for little or no reason to have the ability to do so, so i want to see if anyone could pick apart what i said because i wanted more people on my side about this, simply because i view the mod as harmful, even from personal experience there are corrupt staff members out there, people complain about them constantly and we are oppressed by them constantly, almost all of us are.

I just want the votekick function removed, the mod removed, or the mod to be serverside only, to maintain that level of freedom over the game, simply so i can go along with my day, i enjoy my klei official visits, last time i picked woodie and mapped the entire overworld, and all the sea landmarks and the ruins before we ended up leaving, There are people who can confirm this.

I simply want to play my games again, and i view this mod as infringing on my rights simply because i don't like someone who most people don't know telling people i'm a greifer and that i should be kicked before i can play the game, lulling people into sheeple-like-ly doing so when it was an isolated social incident, or a petty argument turned into a manipulative slanderfest. with the end result being me being put on a cross and being burned kind of like the christian bible, or something similarly salem.

Thank you for your time :-D!!

Your viewpoint is from someone who has displayed incredibly toxic behaviours in the form of bullying my friends while also ironically trying to get them banned from other servers. Proof of your behaviour and attitude have already been posted here and I do not wish to derail the topic further by entertaining you.

In summary: When it comes to having larger or multiple servers it can be a huge workload to not only keep track of bad actors, but also to take action against them. A mod like this is not only useful but IMPORTANT for a large-scale server to have the necessary tools to keep its players safe. Whether an admin feels it in them to give everyone a chance but keep an eye on those on the list, or to simply disallow any is up to them and both have their place - but of course with the Klei servers you can imagine they simply may not have the manpower to keep an eye on so many people.

And thus, the ability for Klei to have their own list.  I just found out they actually could. I've been learning things.

PS: I just found out that anyone can join a server with the mod enabled and now understand. I had assumed this was a client-side mod which worked much like TooManyItems, in that it was a clientside mod but could only be used by the admin so that clients didn't have to download anything to enter the server. Now that I know this is not the case, I definitely advocate that it should be. 

The verdict: Idk maybe whenever a Klei dev has spare time they could add some extra admin tools to deal with griefers or something to make mods like these redundant lmao. For now, having it be serverside would probably be the best bet but good luck convincing the creator that. Heehee wee

Archived