NoGriefer mod injustice

Authoritarianism in the context of my don't starve world. i am not cultivating an actual community, In a lot of ways, my world is a type of art to me. I've spent time on my builds and have done things that are no longer possible to do legitimately. 

I won't take a chance on anyone who doesn't adhere to instructions I take to protect everything I've built over the past 2 years.

I am no authority in real life and you can rest assured, I won't impede on your rights in real life. I am against totalitarianism in real life, but in my server, totalitarianism is just another monday to me.

I've had bad experiences giving griefers the benefit of the doubt without them reaching out to me first. 
Being nice doesn't work. 

5 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Authoritarianism in the context of my don't starve world. i am not cultivating an actual community, In a lot of ways, my world is a type of art to me. I've spent time on my builds and have done things that are no longer possible to do legitimately. 

I won't take a chance on anyone who doesn't adhere to instructions I take to protect everything I've built over the past 2 years.

I am no authority in real life and you can rest assured, I won't impede on your rights in real life. I am against totalitarianism in real life, but in my server, totalitarianism is just another monday to me.

Sure but that's your server, I'm talking about Klei officials specifically, servers hosted by Klei themselves should not be taken over completely, I didn't make this post to talk about public servers in general, those servers are not hosted by Klei and I have no problem with anyone moderating their own servers. Perhaps I didn't phrase myself correctly in the post and I'm sorry about that, but what I'm talking about is solely Klei official servers. 

7 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I honestly read this as no fun allowed, you are my slaves, i dont know how that reads with you but you should know that.

This is a public mod that is used by many people on klei officials and kicks people before they're even able to defend themselves, let alone play the game, the mod in question also is owned by a person who is also apparently a hateful introvert who does not want to talk to the people he has oppressed (I also have reason to believe his enemies are on this list, as well.)

this_mans_cant_be_for_real.png

The day when griefers come to KLei official forums begging to "be let back" into the anonymity of pubs from "NoGriefer" tracking mods. Seems "reaping what one sowed" came in the end, eh?! Can you imagine, as a proud griefer of one's shenanigans - popping in server-after-server to only cr@p on others' work - finally starting seeing yourself, instantly after spaw, the kick window saying "bye"?! Happens once, oh well. Happens 2ice, damn, they remembered me. Happens ..the 7th time you get the boot, oh $hit, they are onto me! How times change..

Just now, Checkered Scars said:

I honestly read this as no fun allowed, you are my slaves, i dont know how that reads with you but you should know that.

well, they can have fun, but they do serve me. I don't want to use the term slaves, but people can choose to work to gain my trust in order to do what they want. Usually if their connection is good, I'll task them with killing a raid boss and if they do it, they're probably dedicated enough to the game to appreciate what i've done in my world.

Otherwise, my trust is earned by making dozens of boards.

Klei official servers ideally shouldn't be policed by a party that aren't klei, that is true

6 minutes ago, GNGR bred boi said:

servers hosted by Klei themselves should not be taken over completely

i don't think they should either, but to be fair, moderators aren't really present on klei servers. It's not a surprise that regulars have made their own way of enforcing what their opinions are of right and wrong. 

The only way I think this could be solved is klei policing their own servers, but that's time and resources that can be spent on other things. It can be difficult, I understand but idk other solutions personally.

2 minutes ago, chirsg said:

don't think they should either, but to be fair, moderators aren't really present on klei servers. It's not a surprise that regulars have made their own way of enforcing what their opinions are of right and wrong. 

The only way I think this could be solved is klei policing their own servers, but that's time and resources that can be spent on other things. It can be difficult, I understand but idk other solutions personally.

I respect this opinion. Klei does have a lot of stuff on their plate and I really don't think they should, at this time work on something like that. 

3 minutes ago, chirsg said:

well, they can have fun, but they do serve me. I don't want to use the term slaves, but people can choose to work to gain my trust in order to do what they want. Usually if their connection is good, I'll task them with killing a raid boss and if they do it, they're probably dedicated enough to the game to appreciate what i've done in my world.

Otherwise, my trust is earned by making dozens of boards.

Klei official servers ideally shouldn't be policed by a party that aren't klei, that is true

i don't think they should either, but to be fair, moderators aren't really present on klei servers. It's not a surprise that regulars have made their own way of enforcing what their opinions are of right and wrong. 

This is the ultimate beauty of klei officials, nothing is permanent, and they already give you tools to sufficiently protect your servers if something changes, this mod would be fine if it never automatically attempted to votekick me, but it tries to votekick me from the server before i can speak, let alone say hello, pick my character or defend myself.

Also That isn't authoritarianism, thats a DST server with rules, its communist, and typically you distrust outsiders, the owner is the leader.

2 minutes ago, Checkered Scars said:

Except the mod does not do that, i am on this list for no reason.

Oh, is you. The spamming in-game chat lad with anything beside what people are in-game to do: discussing DST play & strategies. Same on discord servers from where you got booted: spam can be seen as shenanigans warranting bans by some as well. And if they have the majority, c'est la vie. Just a thought: maybe.. don't do it?!

One of the problems with this mod is even if they've successfully been removed from previous server's ban lists, they're still on this mod's list and will stay on the list unless the mod owner removes them. So even if they've already cleared their record they'll still be penalized by the community and unable to play on group hosted or public servers without someone running the mod insta-kicking them without reason.

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Oh, is you. The spamming in-game chat lad with anything beside what people are in-game to do: discussing DST play & strategies. Same on discord servers from where you got booted: spam can be seen as shenanigans warranting bans by some as well. And if they have the majority, c'est la vie. Just a thought: maybe.. don't do it?!

I have never joined the official klei discord, is this an attempt at slander? i don't understand.

I have many enemies, they're probably just slandering my name, i remember someone impersonating me on discord.

For the record, I've been on the knife's edge in a klei server when they reached 10000 days. Before reaching that number, they did have me follow rules that made me uncomfortable and breed some contempt in me while playing, but I did find ways to have fun in their little town if you want to think of it as that.

They make a lot of interesting ways to enjoy them game with a day count that advanced and I enjoyed seeing what they built, in addition to contributing in ways that I could.

When it comes to Tranoze specifically, I respect that dude a lot despite his attitude towards people. He's made tons of useful mods for builders. If there's anyone who I can relate to when it comes to being protective of their builds, it's tranoze.

I'll admit my bias, but in the past, klei servers haven't always been a comfortable place for me either.

2 minutes ago, chirsg said:

For the record, I've been on the knife's edge in a klei server when they reached 10000 days. Before reaching that number, they did have me follow rules that made me uncomfortable and breed some contempt in me while playing, but I did find ways to have fun in their little town if you want to think of it as that.

They make a lot of interesting ways to enjoy them game with a day count that advanced and I enjoyed seeing what they built, in addition to contributing in ways that I could.

When it comes to Tranoze specifically, I respect that dude a lot despite his attitude towards people. He's made tons of useful mods for builders. If there's anyone who I can relate to when it comes to being protective of their builds, it's tranoze.

I'll admit my bias, but in the past, klei servers haven't always been a comfortable place for me either.

Rezecib from my personal experience is a far more benign modder, has more popularity (Which is an objective fact), and has only ever been neutral in matters, and has contributed to the bettering of the game as well, where is his thank you?

5 minutes ago, chirsg said:

he only has 4 mods on the workshop

Alright I think we should stay on-topic, my point still stands, people who run public servers can have a banlist of their own but me and many others agree that a universal banlist is at the very least problematic. 

I have stopped griefing many months ago, and even back then I rarely ever have done it. I still feel as though I should not have done that and I have realized my mistakes. All I ask for now is forgiveness. 

i have always been comfortable on klei servers when i never have to deal with that mod, however the case is that i, personally am still being kicked from klei official servers, which he does not own, before i can speak without being able to defend myself let alone pick my character.

3 minutes ago, chirsg said:

thank you rezecib

3 minutes ago, Gibberson said:

he only has 4 mods on the workshop

He should still be respected, as everyone else should, I couldn't imagine being able to make a mod let alone having the time to. I only have a problem with the one mod he made, and I do respect builders, I myself enjoy building and creating things and I understand how it feels for all of that work to come crumbling down because of one person who had a bad day. I have since learned and can relate to those situations. 

Saw this thread in forum activity tab before I even clicked on it, and it's super funny how the only one who keeps posting about this has been banned from other dedicated server groups, especially for their longgggg history of being super rude to other players and the group's admins. Not gonna name anyone but if you know, yeah lol.

Also back on topic: the only time I ever used this mod is on public Klei servers, since the dedicated server group that I hanged around before (DST dedicated server group) uses their ban list, which makes this more suited for unmoderated servers. Even then, you can message the creator to remove yourself from the ban list + I don't use it frequently since I don't play much anymore. Otherwise, whether you use the mod or not is once again YMMV, and not many use it anyways so shrug.

6 minutes ago, MilesUpshore said:

you can message the creator to remove yourself from the ban list

I've tried to appeal my ban and talk to the creator rationally, (see image on post) What I got back was an insult, despite being as eligible to be removed as everyone else who has been removed solely because it was the mod creator itself I griefed those many moons ago, this is what I meant in my post by bias, and a biased system isn't a good system. I have apologized and I know a few words don't really make much a difference, but I am sincerely and honestly stating that I do not grief anymore, nor have I ever griefed in the past 8 or more months. All I want is atleast a second chance to be redeemed. 

Checkered makes it hard to follow him for how he talks to people and acts but he's trying to bring up a good point.

The mod disallows people who have griefed before from joining servers with players using this mod (ok for non Klei-Dedicated server) and can stop some griefers but for people that don't want to grief anymore cannot join. Klei servers are for everyone to join from the person that just installed, to a veteren, and even a toxic people that could be trolls. The creator also has a personal list for people they personal dislike, Checkered is on that list for how he acts which is fair but I do not think people should be auto kicked when they join a sever for being disliked. The mod is automated somewhat where it can mark people as suspicious if they been blocked by people in steam.

The mod is can be good, I personally do not think it should be used on Offical Klei servers.

Archived