NoGriefer mod injustice

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

Your viewpoint is from someone who has displayed incredibly toxic behaviours in the form of bullying my friends while also ironically trying to get them banned from other servers. Proof of your behaviour and attitude have already been posted here and I do not wish to derail the topic further by entertaining you.

In summary: When it comes to having larger or multiple servers it can be a huge workload to not only keep track of bad actors, but also to take action against them. A mod like this is not only useful but IMPORTANT for a large-scale server to have the necessary tools to keep its players safe. Whether an admin feels it in them to give everyone a chance but keep an eye on those on the list, or to simply disallow any is up to them and both have their place - but of course with the Klei servers you can imagine they simply may not have the manpower to keep an eye on so many people.

And thus, the ability for Klei to have their own list.  I just found out they actually could. I've been learning things.

PS: I just found out that anyone can join a server with the mod enabled and now understand. I had assumed this was a client-side mod which worked much like TooManyItems, in that it was a clientside mod but could only be used by the admin so that clients didn't have to download anything to enter the server. Now that I know this is not the case, I definitely advocate that it should be. 

The verdict: Idk maybe whenever a Klei dev has spare time they could add some extra admin tools to deal with griefers or something to make mods like these redundant lmao. For now, having it be serverside would probably be the best bet but good luck convincing the creator that. Heehee wee

I am not being entertained by being personally attacked and slandered by someone i don't know... no wonder you didn't want to explain further.

Archived