Yucky Lung and powered deoderizers

I understand adding this as it was too easy before to just let dupes always breathe po2 and not bother to clean it, but could it be put on a bit less of a hair trigger?  There's always one or two cells of PO2 floating around somewhere that just don't want to get in range of a deodorizer and it's really annoying to get the debuff every time a dupe spends one second running past one pocket of PO2.

Also, now that deodorizers take power, this discourages you from just spamming them all over the place to catch every little pocket of PO2.  Could their range be boosted to compensate for this?

3 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

Range should be boosted and polluted oxygen should be totally used. Everytime i deconstruct a deoderizer there is a small packet of few grams of PO that is inside.

Yea, that's another annoyance. 

On 8/7/2021 at 1:31 PM, Soulwind said:

While I agree with improving deodorizers a bit, as far as debuffs are concerned, yucky lungs is pretty tame.

Yea, it isn't horrible; it's just very frustrating that it's basically impossible to avoid since it only takes one tiny cloud of PO2 floating around that the darn deodorizers won't eat to cause it.

But duplicants will eventually use it up. That being said I am in big favour of "fixing" these bits of PO left after deconstruction. When comes to range - mixed feelings. I have no problems with cleaning base, even on a swamp - it just takes a bit longer.

When you have vertical shaft full of pO2 it's a nightmare. Go and build deodorizer every 4-5 tiles on some airflow tiles, connect all of that to power and wait. It will take longer to build then clean up the pO2. And then you will be left with few pO2 clouds still after you deconstruct deodorizers if they don't overlap.
It's a lot of manual work that could be spent on more productive things.

Maybe pO2 should be slightly heavier then O2 which would help a lot with things like these.

Archived