new beta update

so if you'll allow me to gush over this update for a second. i loved it i really liked the art the figs were a nice addition more food for wurt to survive at sea with the new gator is a great source of leafy meat the new big trees which give heat resistance(i think idk haven't tested it enough) the new recipes and the ability to throw trunk into a crockpot and a use for glommer goop so i want to know what did you guys think about the beta i really want to hear other peoples opinions on it

Trunks in crockpots will pretty much only benefit warly, due to trunk giving way too much hunger when cooked to warrant putting them into any recipe other than meaty stew. If they count for 2 big meat in a crockpot then they might not be terrible. Figkabob and froggy figwich both kinda suck, but figatoni is pretty good. Really I'm just sad you can't tame grassgators like a beefalo, and that they don't really have a unique drop. This update kind of feels like more of the same from other ocean updates; while the content isn't bad, it's not really good enough to warrant going out of the way to get it.

idk i'm just salty you cant tame gators like cmon, the second I saw them I tried so many options to see if you could tame them

all the art looks absolutely amaaaazing a mangrove biome was exactly what i was hoping for and its soooo gorgeous! im curious to learn what the use/point of tree jam + their effect on the mangrove trees actually is though. cuz the drops when u chop them doesnt seem to be the point since it isnt very impressive. the figs indeed will be really nice for Wurt at sea i bet! 

6 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

I'm just sad you can't tame grassgators like a beefalo

idk i'm just salty you cant tame gators like cmon, the second I saw them I tried so many options to see if you could tame them

Exactly what i was gonna type just now :wilson_cry::wilson_cry::wilson_cry::wilson_cry:

they are so cute and interesting! (also another plant mob with no wormwood interaction. 1 like = 1 tear... :wilson_cry:

Also the player seems to be able to give the water spiders something but i havent figured out what. or is this a webber-induced bug? 

18 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

i find this when i was creating the server, maybe will be the next loyal item?

[snip]

Nah, that's been on the loading screen for maybe 5 to 6 years by now. I wouldn't say we're getting a Biiigfoot backpack anytime soon, if at all.

14 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

i find this when i was creating the server, maybe will be the next loyal item?

image.thumb.png.4dab8ea4280f0f72739e016b1ece19df.png

During the datamine of DS New Home, it was found along with other unused Backpack skins, but it is not known if they will ever make them official in the future

Spoiler
On 6/29/2021 at 1:07 PM, -Variant said:

BACKPACK SKINS

Hide contents

image.png.a9a66247d539c02333a60966f26b14a5.pngimage.png.c7858c50e51e6fb02ce42a23b40a1b8a.pngimage.png.9816a566be1a1acab143b6a9bc900fed.pngimage.png.b32505cc9414f514f6f7b00a05033a54.png

4 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Hooray, I so wanted them to be added, but. 1 A new rethinking is more pleasant, but please return the empty eyes. 2 Either let me ride this milakha or give a decent loot!

sketch-1627334834457.png

they made it they look so cool and im so happy they're here and i can't wait to turn them into a burger

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

they made it they look so cool and im so happy they're here and i can't wait to turn them into a burger

sinful, using these guys as anything but decoration will result in instantaneous death

15 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Hooray, I so wanted them to be added, but. 1 A new rethinking is more pleasant, but please return the empty eyes. 2 Either let me ride this milakha or give a decent loot!

sketch-1627334834457.png

Weird how they did the opposite of Krampus, he first had yellow goaty eyes and later chaged to pure white.

krampus.png.a31f3f8c480b4af1dc451213b6d10eaa.png

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Please bröther, fëëd më the öats.

Any new Wormwood interactions?

nope not that i know of

actually no the new jelly item in the food tab heals wormwood and gives him blooming effect

9 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

Странно, как они сделали противоположность Крампуса, у него сначала были желтые козьи глаза, а затем они стали чисто белыми.

krampus.png.a31f3f8c480b4af1dc451213b6d10eaa.png

I would really like them to change them.

30 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't have time to try out the beta can someone tell me what the craft cost is for the new doodle and what the new spider does?

New spider can probably kill crab king easily? Not any better than bees but I guess it makes the collecting of crab's loot easier if you fight him in spring. It requires 2 monster meat, 2 silk, and 2 fgis

Archived