Sooo... what will happen to this subforum?

Since RoT is over (which I still consider a dumb and needless move, Klei) but dst will continue to receive updates and it's been over a month since Webber's refresh, I was wondering what will happen to this place once the new beta drops.

Will it be renamed to whatever the new update chain's name is, or will you create yet another subforum?

7 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

pretty sure it's not

This has been quoted probably over 200 times but I'm finally being involved to the count :

On 6/24/2021 at 6:39 PM, Jason said:

What's Next?
The team is continuing to do some work on content and changes before heading into a new content arc. One of our designers describes the next update as "A new biome that pops up in a couple places on the ocean. It's sort of chill... there are some water spiders." So, there's that. Which is nice. We'll have more details as we get closer to the next update. Have fun out there! 

To me it's pretty safe to assume RoT is finished given they already announced they're now working on content and changes updates (aka ocean stuff, QoL possibly ?) than actual liberalised RoT things as they were saying on the update posts before the Eye of the Storm. Plus it would be kinda fast to mention a new arc without finishing the first.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

yup, looks like they're still using it for the content updates. I wonder will they be marketed as RoT regardless

I just read the forums, seeing that this sub is just "DST beta" now, I suppose they just changed the name?

Also, I wonder how the new arc will be called and where it'll lead. Honestly, I expected more lore (and maybe a puzzle...) from the last RoT update, so I'm hoping we'll get some in the upcoming ones.

I got this weird feeling that Klei has a lot of huge plans for this game (hopefully including some elevated foundations of land hint hint..) Big things we won’t see anytime soon, but it’s nice to see the game get something new to do each month, this is by far one of my favorite games ever created, simply just for the sheer potential of what they can do with and have already started to do with it.

The menu customization that let me add as little or as much of X or Y was one of my favorite things they have done, it literally allows YOU the play to play with “No Sanity Creatures, or “More” finally letting the game truly be as easy or as hard as we personally feel like playing it at the time.

Realistically I don’t see Klei ending updates anytime soon, not after their “special announcement” (which had the forums in flames for awhile) Hopefully those changes means huge things both for Klei and for us the gamers playing their games.

TL:DR- Return of Them has ended… but DST updates have not.

Archived