Simple Articles

Simple Articles  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need simple articles about this game

• Yes, maybe someone could use it
    • Yes, but it needs to be written differently (more details, different words)
    • No, nobody needs it.

In response to this request:  

On 7/16/2021 at 9:42 AM, Tranoze said:

And put more basic concept on forum, not just one picture, so for people that read the concept here can start read more at your site if your concept is cool enough.

437524581___.png.9b1aa930210b6eb96506068ca6ec0062.pngas well as to the requests from the Russian site, I wrote 2 articles (Temperature and Coolants), dedicated to the very basics of the game. It seems to have liked these articles, those who asked the question. But I'm not so sure about it.

It's not hard to build a new circuit: you just need to have experience in the game, a little bit of engineering thinking, plus attention to detail and time to test and refine it.

Writing an understandable article, in plain language is not easy: you need to have the gift of teaching, which I (as it seems to me) and many others, lack. In addition, added errors and inaccuracies in translation.

Do you think anyone needs articles like this, or am I wasting my time, and my readers?

Spoiler

Hjoyn, your opinion is important to me too.
Babba, I remember your wish "about heat transfer peculiarities, tempshift plate, etc.". Every time I sit down to play, I get embarrassed because I didn't respond to your request.

There are and will be new seeds in the terrain of this game, these need attention and instruction to grow love to the game. but some searching for answers may not find them, growing thorns and damaging the landscape.

What i'm saying is that sometimes people will need the fundamentals, knowing what the gears and springs do can help you make a working clock, your own design which you are proud of.

Your work and the time you put into making these is important for others, i say thank you, for considering the small and the slow, for answering their questions.

It's a great idea to have articles that go over the basics of ONI. How many new players come to online forums with questions about the simplest mechanics? A site that hosts lots of easy-to-understand information about the basics would be a fantastic resource! 

Your site is an ideal place for those types of articles! However, the structure and grammar in some places is a bit . . . messy. lol. I read on your site that you're using google translate to write things in english? (or did you just mean that your english skills aren't any better than if you did use google translate?) either way, I'm happy to help proofread and edit your articles! Send me a message and I'll see if I can help?

I don't know English very well (my language is Russian, and I studied German at university). So I would be happy to get any help. If anyone has free time, they can edit at least the grossest mistakes in the text. It is not even necessary to register on the site, I did not protect the articles from edits.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:01 PM, DimaB77 said:

I don't know English very well (my language is Russian, and I studied German at university). So I would be happy to get any help. If anyone has free time, they can edit at least the grossest mistakes in the text. It is not even necessary to register on the site, I did not protect the articles from edits.

They are Duplicants, not Doubles :)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but most efficient heat exchange is for objects inside tiles. Possibly to use molten alluminium or gold is too much, but filling AETN with ice is easy, and ice have 21 times more conductivity than hydrogen.

Possibly this is not for total newbies, but cooling water is easy (especially if you already inside ice biome). So, at least mention this possibility

PS Also it is "Tempshift Plate" not " thermal tile", or do you mean something else?

5 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

but filling AETN with ice is easy, and ice have 21 times more conductivity than hydrogen.

its because off mass what you produce from water , but anyway yes i prefer use ice myself as well than the hydrogen gas

1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

its because off mass what you produce from water , but anyway yes i prefer use ice myself as well than the hydrogen gas

Yes, you are right, mass will be hundreds times greater, But this is not bad thing in many situations

47 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

They are Duplicants, not Doubles

Yes, the eternal problem. Deepl.com, no matter what, stubbornly translates them that way. Somewhere I'm missing it. Couldn't find where it was. Can you tell me where it is?

but filling AETN with ice is easy, and ice have 21 times more conductivity than hydrogen

So he needs the atmosphere.  Or does he?

Also it is "Tempshift Plate" not " thermal tile"

Insulated Tile

but cooling water is easy (especially if you already inside ice biome). So, at least mention this possibility

I have a mention of this in another article

40 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

This is something new to me. Going to test

55 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

Yes, the eternal problem. Deepl.com, no matter what, stubbornly translates them that way. Somewhere I'm missing it. Couldn't find where it was. Can you tell me where it is?

Sorry, it is not here, it is in Fast construction techniques referred from it

So he needs the atmosphere.  Or does he?

Not necessary, it can be entombed. But not flooded. So you need external source of cold to freeze water in it, but it works perfectly in ice or gold, or aluminum. It made from iron, so it's really not trivial to fill it with thermium, but this is overkill :)

This is something new to me. Going to test

Usually AETN located in cold biome, so there are lot of ice and icy cold water nearby. Just zigzag radiant pipes of both types, and conveyor. And replace insulated obsidian gas pipe with something more insulated. After that fill it with water from nearby source, 801 kg minimum, and freeze it by any means.

You will have handy block you can use to cool anything you like. Sometimes I build a wall around it beforehand and melt ice instead digging, so I instantly have icy cold water in place

it is not here, it is in...

Yes, thank you, I corrected it.

52 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

but it works perfectly in ice or gold, or aluminum

I don't understand you. AETN will be flooded if tagged with a large amount of any liquid.

55 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

so there are lot of ice and icy cold water nearby. Just zigzag radiant pipes of both types, and conveyor.

Are you suggesting that the cold water pipes and ice conveyor should be in a scheme with AETN? Can I have a screen shot? I probably can't figure you out.

Just now, DimaB77 said:

Yes, thank you, I corrected it.

I don't understand you. AETN will be flooded if tagged with a large amount of any liquid.

Are you suggesting that the cold water pipes and ice conveyor should be in a scheme with AETN? Can I have a screen shot? I probably can't figure you out.

AETN does not work if flooded. But it works if entombed. nearly all of them is entombed at beginning of game.

Any pipes, and conveyor debrises exchange heat with solid tile much more efficiently, than with gases. So task is to make solid tiles on all 16 cells of AETN.

But we cannot build a tile there, so we need to form natural tile on it. And obvious solution will be to froze water and form solid ice tiles.

But we cannot build inside natural tiles, so if we want to use this AETN for cooling we need some radiant pipes placed inside this cells. And as long as I cannot predict future, I put in all three types of "pipes" (air, liquid, solid). This way I can later use it to cool something else without repeating this process, So simply put all kinds of radiant pipes in snake pattern, replace AETN hydrogen feeding pipe. Fill it with water and freeze water.

And yes, AETN cannot freeze it itself -- it do not work while flooded, so we need some external source of cold, but this is simple.

After that we will have 4x4 ice block with AETN inside and, of course, with floor under it and with all kinds of pipes in it for any usage we can think of.

I possibly do some screenshots in late evening, if other tasks do not consume my time.

And this trick can be done with a metal too -- liquid alluminium, coper or gold also can be solidified in tiles for even better conductivity, but this is advanced project already, needs thermium pipes or extremely precise temperature control. And as far as AETNs is not used mostly, I never do it after first try

Just now, DimaB77 said:

I get the idea in general. Interesting and time-consuming for a real application. But it's worth testing.

It is lot less time consuming if you keep ice where it was. Heat it up slightly just enough to became water and freeze it back after that with, for example, polluted ice or granite just digged near it

22 hours ago, gabberworld said:

h.thumb.jpg.103d12ed4938591525df001901284470.jpg

I don't understand the point of this approach. In the first case the oxygen temperature is -27.1C, in the second -21.3C (Oxygen at the inlet is 50C). This is after 50 cycles. 
In the beginning the ice was at -20C. It would take more than 14 cycles to freeze it from 0C. 

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

h.thumb.jpg.103d12ed4938591525df001901284470.jpg

I don't understand the point of this approach. In the first case the oxygen temperature is -27.1C, in the second -21.3C (Oxygen at the inlet is 50C). This is after 50 cycles. 
In the beginning the ice was at -20C. It would take more than 14 cycles to freeze it from 0C. 

point is that ice gives you more buffer without heat up fast the room

Yes, but it's much easier for these purposes:
1. Increase the volume of the room, or
2. Apply тempshift plate, or
3. Place metal/granite tiles around the perimeter.

This is much faster than freezing so much ice. And more repairable.

11 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

Yes, but it's much easier for these purposes:
1. Increase the volume of the room, or
2. Apply тempshift plate, or
3. Place metal/granite tiles around the perimeter.

This is much faster than freezing so much ice. And more repairable.

your hydrogen gas not survive that if you need something very hot cool down fast. maybe it works if you pump in same amount gas like there is ice, 1000kg for one tile

and then again hydrogen gas is very expensive for use that much for something like that

Do you need to have a large enough thermal buffer in case there is a hydrogen outage, or do you need to cool something heat intensive quickly?
That does the same thing as 16t of ice:

s.jpg.27a1c2f36da0c10d812d7e32cc6d13ec.jpg
The tiles are iron, the plates are granite. What could be easier? No need to bother with ice cooling. It's all elementary to build. If you want you can increase the number of tiles.

Archived