Simple Articles

Simple Articles  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need simple articles about this game

• Yes, maybe someone could use it
    • Yes, but it needs to be written differently (more details, different words)
    • No, nobody needs it.

I already made such a request, but still... Please tell me what other topics, interesting schemes I have missed. I only have plans to review DLC and translate a couple of articles. That's all. I have no more ideas.

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

I already made such a request, but still... Please tell me what other topics, interesting schemes I have missed. I only have plans to review DLC and translate a couple of articles. That's all. I have no more ideas.

What about squeaky puft farming, they are kinda complicated to farm but they are the only source of bleach stone.

In principle it should only need, a ranch with the squeaky pufts and a prince puft to keep generating squeaky puft eggs, then the prince puft would lay a puft egg, this egg is placed in another room where it becomes a puft and the puft lays a price puft egg, this egg comes back to the ranch to keep the population of squeaky pufts. I have implemented this principle in a ranch but it needs further testing, you could give it a go.

5 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

It is possible to refine this scheme, but what is the point of squeaky pufts? Sanitizer and Waterweed?

5 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Does anyone use it? :o

I am off meta player so this is something I use, albeit I doubt the larger community uses it at all, mainly since chlorine vents aren't 100% (which is the case of my current map)

I'm convinced. I'll try to make a squeaky pufts farm.

UPD.From the correspondence on reddit:
Plants (Experiment 52B) are better suited to feed it:
Low resource consuming.
Long-growing (less dupes work to harvest)
Generating lots of calories
Waterweed would be a good option: grows long, consumes little, temperature range is wide, gives lots of kcal without cooking.

I.e., chlorine stone will be needed. One more reason to build a squeaky pufts farm

On 7/31/2021 at 12:55 PM, DimaB77 said:

I don't understand the point of this approach. In the first case the oxygen temperature is -27.1C, in the second -21.3C (Oxygen at the inlet is 50C). This is after 50 cycles. 
In the beginning the ice was at -20C. It would take more than 14 cycles to freeze it from 0C. 

You either need thermal mass, or don't. If you don't need it then you use as little hydrogen as possible. But if you need stable temperature, you of course can do a lot of things with additional plates etc. But water is simplest solution. Fill a row, wait for it to freeze, allow AETN to cool it to -10C, fill next row. I use a water from another side of same biome, so it was about  +3C, and this process takes 4 cycles - about cycle per row, possibly faster, I spend some time moping polluted water from polluted ice.

Spoiler

1081538330_OxygenNotIncludedScreenshot2021_08.01-20_31_10_47.thumb.png.dfce6be2dde292e747b4f848c0479fd5.png

2100156574_OxygenNotIncludedScreenshot2021_08_01-21_01_13_94.thumb.png.9d7d22ff39eb7b45bb656572bea823ce.png

And result has another minor advantage -- it can be perfectly insulated by vacuum, or it can be surrounded by other gas

Spoiler

1026972864_OxygenNotIncludedScreenshot2021_08.01-21_13_12_16.thumb.png.18f83da1d55fce94255fd935b47ad4dc.png

Archived