How to make a "Cave Only" server?

I'm trying to make a server that is *just* caves, no overworld. I found a comment on reddit by a fairly respected DST redditor (KCDA?) that said to select "caves only" but that was in 2019. 

I scoured the settings and perhaps I'm dumb, but is there no setting to make caves only anymore? I found notes on the wiki from 2016 saying that if multi-level worlds are disabled you could host a cave or forest only world. Has this changed? 

Some help would be appreciated. 

If you know how to host a dedicated server, create a caves folder, and rename it "Master", then place it into the dedicated server folder. The server should read the "Master" folder that was originally called "Caves", and use that instead of the standard surface world. Then just remove the caves folder found in the dedi server folder (not the master folder you renamed to be caves), and you should have a caves only world. You can keep the 2nd caves world if you want a 2nd caves world to play around in if you want.

If you don't know how to host a dedicated server, I can't help ya there.

Before creating a new world, in the Host game screen, enter this command

SERVER_LEVEL_LOCATIONS = {"cave", "forest"}

Then you can create a new world, and the cave and forest tabs will be switched around, allowing you to create a caves only server, or a world where you start in caves and can go to the forest, have fun.

9 hours ago, Hornete said:

Before creating a new world, in the Host game screen, enter this command

SERVER_LEVEL_LOCATIONS = {"cave", "forest"}

Then you can create a new world, and the cave and forest tabs will be switched around, allowing you to create a caves only server, or a world where you start in caves and can go to the forest, have fun.

Are cave & forest the only accepted arguments? 

7 hours ago, Altyrmadiken said:

So there are no in game options for doing so anymore? 

I understand commands, but I meant like an actual "option menu" level thing. The internet implies it was an option at one point. 

Unfortunately as far as I know, it was never an option in-game.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Are cave & forest the only accepted arguments? 

Technically you can put in anything, but the only "worlds" that exist are "cave", "forest", "lavaarena", and "quagmire". (I'm 90% sure lavaarena and quagmire will crash if you try those)

You can also do double caves and double forests if you want!

7 hours ago, Altyrmadiken said:

I understand commands, but I meant like an actual "option menu" level thing. The internet implies it was an option at one point. 

If I remember correctly, we had this option briefly when the cave was first added to DST.

Archived