Basic Infinite Food Storage for new decay mechanics for 7w

In the context of this scheme CO2 is sufficient, so does not give a critical advantage over chlorine, but to build a scheme with CO2 is much easier - enough to breathe dupes and the scheme is ready.

I'm hinting to you that your idea, although interesting, is bad from a practical point of view.
Take a look at this screen:

7.jpg.c8cf6b5f6cf63ad2e845f74259ad1141.jpg

and compare it to this one:

8.thumb.jpg.40ff8362bdacecff9c6b0382016c5f27.jpg

You can't call your scheme simple, clear, easy to build, compact. Agree.

49 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

In the context of this scheme CO2 is sufficient, so does not give a critical advantage over chlorine

Co2 has nearly twice the tc as chlorine, which matters even more if you choose to simplify the design and exclude the vacuum gap. Of the three primary food storage schemes, gas storage is generally the most practical, as it maintains ease of access while keeping total and upfront cooling costs low. 

Your design apparently uses co2 and cools the food, which are conflicting choices, so I'm not sure what you're going for. As is, it performs far worse than either gas or vacuum designs, as it fails to choose a particular mode of storage. 

We don't know for sure what will be in the final release. Whether only gas cooling will be enough, or whether the food itself will need to be cooled as well. I already gave you this quote:

On 7/16/2021 at 7:21 PM, Tranoze said:

to make even food go to deep freeze temperature.

And I have no reason not to trust that opinion. That's why I'm cooling both the food and the gas.

However, ANY of my circuits can easily be converted to gas cooling only - JUST remove the metal tile from the bottom and put it on the left (right).

The approach itself is much simpler. No need for a vacuum, no need for a airlock, etc. Everything is easy and straightforward.

And please leave out the chlorine. Do not fill people's heads with nonsense. There are circuits where you cannot do without it (circuits with temperature difference of hundreds of degrees). But this is not that case. The savings between chlorine and CO2 in this case is minuscule. It is not worth the trouble of pumping CO2 and filling with chlorine.

However, if you can not without it, add it to any of my schemes.

11 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

No need for a vacuum, no need for a airlock, etc. Everything is easy and straightforward.

There are lots of easy way to fill, or to unfill room with vacum or liquid/gas/ect. You think they are complicated because you dont experiment enough with it, and i suggest you make an article about it, how to put specific liquid/gas in specific location, or turn a room into vaccum without gas pump.

Chlorine can be easily put in a slot by putting 1kg bleach stone inside a storage, in vaccum room.

Once you master all element bending, all scheme above are equally easy to me, nothing complicated.

I dont like chlorine because save/load bug. I dont like co2 because it dont work well at low temperature. I like H2 at -80C because i love to waste power at food cooling.

We will now move again from practice to philosophy.

Let's take our minds off of these schemes. Let's present two abstract schemes:
1. Requires diamond, improved wires and ceramics
2. Requires ordinary wires and granite.
Both schemes do the same thing. Which one will you choose?

Back to the circuits. Do you think saving a few watts is important to the player, with base consumption typically being 3...10...20 kW?

In which of the schemes I suggested you can't add chlorine?

Chlorine can be delivered in several ways:
1. Run a pipe and break it in the right place (it still needs to be found, put in a pump, etc.)
2. Bring the solid chlorine (it does not dissolve all and not everyone likes lying near the food stone - the game is a lot of perfectionists. Just do not offer to remove it later auto-sweeper).
3. Cool it down and transfer it to the liquid (yup, "even easier")
4. ...
Or you can just breathe a dupes, get the same thing, and go assemble another circuit.

Your choice?

37 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

You think they are complicated

I don't consider anything complicated. I passed this game and I already wrote you how, when and which way I did it. Are you going to tell me again that I don't know how to play this game? Fine, so be it.

My readers tell me straight out - it's very complicated, you can simplify the scheme or suggest something simpler. And I listen to them, for writing to myself is not very clever.

13 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

2. Bring the solid chlorine (it does not dissolve all and not everyone likes lying near the food stone - the game is a lot of perfectionists. Just do not offer to remove it later auto-sweeper).

As i said, 1kg bleach stone. They will dissolve as long as they are below 1.8 kg, and Hjoyn directly say he use 1kg chlorine in his food storage.

54 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

This is the final release though.

What is this about? You don't like the wording?
Comment better on the opinion that both gas and products need to be cooled (which is why I applied the phrase "when there will be a release").

Do you need chlorine? You don't think you need to refrigerate food? Be my guest!

10.thumb.jpg.3ef35c1a131d467aaeddc463041a7288.jpg

45 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

As i said, 1kg bleach stone. They will dissolve as long as they are below 1.8 kg, and Hjoyn directly say he use 1kg chlorine in his food storage.

Yes, you're right. That's what I'd like to do! Waiting for all the 20 kilos of chlorine brought in by the dupes to dissolve.

It will be even more fun to come up with a dosing scheme, so that from a pile of chlorine, weighing 400 kg, to get 1 kg, which is so necessary for the scheme (It is possible to dispense with the dispenser, but again, this is unnecessary).

4 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

You don't like the wording?

If by "final release" you mean something other than "the final released version of the game that implements food spoilage" then I don't understand what you mean. Currently in the game both methods (freeze food vs cool gas) are valid (as I already commented)

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

We don't know for sure what will be in the final release. Whether only gas cooling will be enough, or whether the food itself will need to be cooled as well. I already gave you this quote:

And I have no reason not to trust that opinion. That's why I'm cooling both the food and the gas.

However, ANY of my circuits can easily be converted to gas cooling only - JUST remove the metal tile from the bottom and put it on the left (right).

The approach itself is much simpler. No need for a vacuum, no need for a airlock, etc. Everything is easy and straightforward.

And please leave out the chlorine. Do not fill people's heads with nonsense. There are circuits where you cannot do without it (circuits with temperature difference of hundreds of degrees). But this is not that case. The savings between chlorine and CO2 in this case is minuscule. It is not worth the trouble of pumping CO2 and filling with chlorine.

However, if you can not without it, add it to any of my schemes.

There are no indications the current system is not the final version, and given it's come down in mergedown, all indications are that it is the final version. 

Cooling both gas and food is simply worse in all ways. Cooling gas and cooling food are two local maximums, with their own respective benefits and costs. Doing both at the same time results in lesser benefits and greater costs. 

Vacuum is not hard, it is done fastest and simplest with tiles, as I outlined originally. If you don't want a liquid lock, don't use one; I've already explained how it won't increase power draw by much. Your approaches have not been meaningfully simpler for the base storage, and in fact have had more complicated sweeper food access. If you were going to access food to low mass spoilable caches, you may as well use doors instead and avoid having to cool anything at all. 

Chlorine adds no appreciable complexity to the build. You already need access to other biomes for low temp materials, so access is not an issue. Inserting chlorine is very similar to inserting co2, because of how difficult it actually is to get natural co2 into a specific location and seal it there. Co2 may always flow the same way, but it does so randomly, so corralling it is not trivial. The more likely solution will simply be to set up a temporary pump to insert the co2, at which point it's the same as chlorine. Chlorine also has the option of using bleach stone, as tranoze mentioned. Bleach stone does in fact completely offgas if below 1.8kg, which it will be. I have no idea what "not everyone likes lying near the food stone" means, but the bleach stone will completely offgas, so I suspect that's moot. 

I'm not sure why you have a mesh tile in the chlorine version you posted; the mesh tile is for thermal isolation in a vacuum system, it serves no real purpose in a gas system. 

I and various others have iterated our respective solutions for your concerns several times now, so if you have new concerns, I'd be happy to address them, but please refer to prior statements for the old ones. And if you want to debate gas vs vacuum vs doors, then that's probably a discussion for another topic. 

Several I understand, there are two approaches and two groups of people who support these approaches:
1. It is necessary to cool the gas only. You don't need to cool the food. This is the opinion you hold. This is what your scheme is based on.
2. It is necessary to cool both the gas and the products.

Any of the schemes I have suggested can work on both principles. Specifically, I (and some other people) follow the second approach. Because it is safer, but not very energy-consuming.

25 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

Doing both at the same time results in lesser benefits and greater costs.

This is not the correct conclusion. You have already cooled the gas at startup. Next you are cooling the incoming products.

29 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

you may as well use doors instead and avoid having to cool anything at all. 

Cools down 100500 kcal of food. There is 1 day's supply available. This is a great approach. The basic food is saved. A day's supply (4800 kcal), without refrigeration loses only 13% per day and will be eaten much sooner than spoiled.

33 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

because of how difficult it actually is to get natural co2 into a specific location

That's not true. It's enough to breathe in the dupes. But it doesn't matter, because we have to chill the food itself. And it makes no difference whether chlorine, CO2 or oxygen will be there. Anything at all.

36 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

not everyone likes lying near the food stone

That's how the translator translated it. What was meant was that if the dupes bring more than 1 kg, it will be melted down to a pressure of 1900, and the rest of the stone will be left lying around as garbage. Which is not to everyone's liking.

39 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

I'm not sure why you have a mesh tile in the chlorine version you posted

This is a quick fix option. The idea is that the chlorine from the bottom conveyor is cooled by a metal tile. It was possible to transfer the heat by bridges, through a thermal tile.

44 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

have iterated our respective solutions for your concerns

I have no concerns. I have much simpler schemes that work. With or without chlorine. Whether it's food cooled or just gas cooled.
Just sharing it with everyone.:angel:

3 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

It is necessary to cool the gas only. You don't need to cool the food. This is the opinion you hold. This is what your scheme is based on.

That is not an opinion, it is a fact. If food is not in a vacuum, the temperature check is for the temperature of the element it's in, not the food itself. That is simply how the game works. This is part of the basis for gas storage designs. 

4 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

It is necessary to cool both the gas and the products.

10 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

But it doesn't matter, because we have to chill the food itself.

This is absolutely not true, see above. 

5 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

Because it is safer, but not very energy-consuming.

It's neither. Gas is more power efficient, vacuum is safer. It's fundamentally a tradeoff. Yours is in the middle, and hence is mediocre in both aspects. 

6 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

This is not the correct conclusion. You have already cooled the gas at startup. Next you are cooling the incoming products.

Cooling the food requires heat transfer out of the food. Cooling the gas wants to eliminate heat transfer out of the food. They are fundamentally at odds. 

7 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

Cools down 100500 kcal of food. There is 1 day's supply available. This is a great approach. The basic food is saved. A day's supply (4800 kcal), without refrigeration loses only 13% per day and will be eaten much sooner than spoiled.

This seems entirely unrelated to what I was talking about. You may not know, as I don't think it's been discussed here yet, but the third main storage option is to entomb the food in doors. For whatever reason, this totally pauses the decay timer, regardless of all other conditions. The main downsides for a comparable door system are the need for non-preserved low mass caches and the need for sweepers. That is why I said that if you have those anyway, a door design is superior since it requires no cooling or atmosphere at all. 

12 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

And it makes no difference whether chlorine, CO2 or oxygen will be there. Anything at all.

It does indeed matter, those have different properties that have notable effects on the system. Mass of the gas is also very relevant, high mass results in more heat transfer, which is bad for gas designs, while too low of a mass and you cannot cool it fast enough. 

13 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

That's how the translator translated it. What was meant was that if the dupes bring more than 1 kg, it will be melted down to a pressure of 1900, and the rest of the stone will be left lying around as garbage. Which is not to everyone's liking.

This is easily solved by using storage bins to precisely control how much is dropped. 

14 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

I have much simpler schemes that work

So far you've presented sidegrade solutions that work less effectively. That is what it is, no more, no less. 

8 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

deepfreeze.thumb.png.7a802cafd52bc30fce02e2b91657662d.png

It seems you are going for a gas storage design? In which case, the metal tile is not really doing anything, and can be removed with no impact on the design. You can probably replace the airflow with a metal tile so you can make the tile the food is in chlorine for less heat transfer, but a wheezewort is probably overkill enough. That said, doing that with a wild wheezewort would be great for a zero maintenance design. You could probably also use oxygen, which has lower shc but also very low tc, I think it could be the right balance for this. You may also be able to reduce the height a tiny bit by putting the wheeze below the food and using a farm tile, but that would leak heat, so that would require testing. 

28 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

It seems you are going for a gas storage design? In which case, the metal tile is not really doing anything, and can be removed with no impact on the design. You can probably replace the airflow with a metal tile so you can make the tile the food is in chlorine for less heat transfer, but a wheezewort is probably overkill enough. That said, doing that with a wild wheezewort would be great for a zero maintenance design. You could probably also use oxygen, which has lower shc but also very low tc, I think it could be the right balance for this. You may also be able to reduce the height a tiny bit by putting the wheeze below the food and using a farm tile, but that would leak heat, so that would require testing. 

for now i use the hydrogen gas and look how it goes, that gas give also sterile , also when wheezewort is up, i could make that i can take food from both side

22 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

deepfreeze.thumb.png.7a802cafd52bc30fce02e2b91657662d.png

Here's the winner!

22 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

the temperature check is for the temperature of the element it's in, not the food itself

We're going back to the beginning. I asked if it was true what Tranoze wrote (you have to refrigerate the food itself). Either they don't want to answer me, or they can't.
I'll ask again (without the theory, please): is what Tranoze wrote true? Is it better to refrigerate the food itself, not just the gas? It would take me 5 minutes to transmit the diagrams. But I can't hear the answer.

27 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

This is absolutely not true, see above. 

Do you think he's wrong? Again, I don't have an opinion on this, but I wouldn't have any trouble redoing the schematics. Easily!

30 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

Cooling the food requires heat transfer out of the food. Cooling the gas wants to eliminate heat transfer out of the food. They are fundamentally at odds. 

They don't contradict anything. By cooling the food, you will automatically cool the gas around it. If, for the sake of SAFETY, it is worth cooling both the food and the gas, then it would be more correct to do it at the same time.

38 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

entomb the food in doors

Ha, that's new. It changes the approach. Where was this discussed?

39 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

Mass of the gas is also very relevant, high mass results in more heat transfer, which is bad for gas designs, while too low of a mass and you cannot cool it fast enough.

It's understandable as it is. I had a complaint to you: "I need 1 kg of chlorine". It would have been appropriate to give a framework from and to. Or justify a hard set value. Otherwise you won't be understood.

50 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

So far you've presented sidegrade solutions that work less effectively.

Where is less effective? In what? Chlorine is. It's refrigerated. The food is not refrigerated.
Instead of the ineffective TR I use the more effective AT. I don't have any airlock, vacuum or any other nonsense. The scheme is more compact, quicker to build.

And let's compare the efficiency by all parameters:
-energy consumption
-construction time
-time to get up and running
-quantity of materials
-room size
-room decor
-food preservation
What else did you forget? Suggest it!
And see what's more effective and what's not. Would it be weak to record a video? Or just come to chat?

And by the way, I still can't wait to hear the full diagram from you:

• ingredient storage.
  • the kitchen
  • warehousing of finished products
  • distribution to the dining room.

Or do you have doubles do everything by hand and run through TR?

Show us your creation, don't be shy!

15 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

And let's compare the efficiency by all parameters:
-energy consumption
-construction time
-time to get up and running
-quantity of materials
-room size
-room decor
-food preservation
What else did you forget? Suggest it!
And see what's more effective and what's not. Would it be weak to record a video? Or just come to chat?

How about some actual data? All I've been reading so far are opinions and a lot of words that sound like "my design is better" "no my design is better". If you really want to provide an objective comparison, implement all designs and compare them under similar test conditions. Provide actual relevant data for each system tested over a long enough period of time. For example, there are averages provided in game (average uptime past 5 cycles) that could be used as data point every 5 cycles to calculate energy consumption, etc. There is a lot that could be provided to support your discussion and I am worried that you could all keep going like this until I die of old age without ever reaching a sound conclusion. Please don't make me wait that long! ;-)

Edit: Also I don't consider gas thermal properties to be "actual data" that can be used to support your argument, at this point, those are part of your experiment parameters. What is the actual effect of using different gas with different properties on the performance of each of your design? How can you measure it? Food for thoughts.

I tried figuring out what needs to happen for food inside unpowered refrigerator to have frozen state but I'm still not sure.
Can't figure out if it looks at building temp, tile temp or gas temp of building tile. I might switch to food in gas directly might be more reliable - will it work in the C2O pit as nicely as with those separated tile designs?

19 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

I am worried that you could all keep going like this until I die of old age without ever reaching a sound conclusion

Yes, we have gone very far. Which is not pretty and right. I apologize for the invective on my part.

Instead of comparing specific schemes, we have already broken several keyboards in an attempt to prove something to each other.

Now we'll wait for a scheme from Hjoyn, and we'll compare them. It won't be hard.

8 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

I tried figuring out what needs to happen for food inside unpowered refrigerator to have frozen state but I'm still not sure

The entire food supply is refrigerated in the gas cages. Only the food that the doubles need at the moment is moved to the refrigerator.
This technique eliminates the need to build airlocks, create a vacuum, and other unnecessary ********.

They just walk up to the fridge and take food from it. Simple, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Orzelek said:

I tried figuring out what needs to happen for food inside unpowered refrigerator to have frozen state but I'm still not sure.
Can't figure out if it looks at building temp, tile temp or gas temp of building tile. I might switch to food in gas directly might be more reliable - will it work in the C2O pit as nicely as with those separated tile designs?

Fridges don't reach freezing, only refrigerated. Fridges go down to -4° iirc, which is only refrigerated. With the new low power mode, fridges run at 120w until the contents are at temp, and then drops down to 20w. Powered fridges have an exception that if food is in a fridge, regardless of temperature, it is always refrigerated. 

1 hour ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

How about some actual data? All I've been reading so far are opinions and a lot of words that sound like "my design is better" "no my design is better". If you really want to provide an objective comparison, implement all designs and compare them under similar test conditions. Provide actual relevant data for each system tested over a long enough period of time. For example, there are averages provided in game (average uptime past 5 cycles) that could be used as data point every 5 cycles to calculate energy consumption, etc. There is a lot that could be provided to support your discussion and I am worried that you could all keep going like this until I die of old age without ever reaching a sound conclusion. Please don't make me wait that long! ;-)

Edit: Also I don't consider gas thermal properties to be "actual data" that can be used to support your argument, at this point, those are part of your experiment parameters. What is the actual effect of using different gas with different properties on the performance of each of your design? How can you measure it? Food for thoughts.

Err, the original post on this topic is my gas storage build, with power consumption noted. The main modification you can make to that is to cut out the liquid lock, as I've mentioned. That power value is based on uptime over the past 5 cycles, which isn't as fine as I'd like but the only value I can use. I'm actually not certain that's accurate anymore, as it has since dropped to 3% uptime, which would be about 3W, but I'm going to keep the higher value for now. Overall, it's far from perfect, but I kept it simple and compact for the tag. 

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

This is a nice vacuum storage build by Ishamoridin, which uses a wheeze but shows the idea behind vacuum storage systems. 

Vacuum vs gas vs door is definitely a thing, they each have their pros and cons, but are definitely the local maximums as it were. 

The entire food supply is refrigerated in the gas cages. Only the food that the doubles need at the moment is moved to the refrigerator.
This technique eliminates the need to build airlocks, create a vacuum, and other unnecessary ********.

They just walk up to the fridge and take food from it. Simple, isn't it?

Mate, I've said several times that you can exclude the liquid lock if you want, it's not essential. Also, if you are using low mass caching like that, just ignore cooling entirely and use doors to preserve the food, as sweepers can access debris entombed in doors without opening the door. 

9 minutes ago, Hjoyn said:

Fridges have an exception that if food is in a fridge, regardless of temperature, it is always refrigerated. 

Are you sure about that? I think unpowered fridges don't have that. If surrounding gas temperature reaches -18 they apply the "deep freeze". It may be slower to cool surrounding area at the beginning though, adding the mass of the fridge.

HjoynWe take time away from each other, and worse, from those who read us. Let's put an end to this.

Theory is a good thing. I appreciate all those who make interesting discoveries in this game. I say that sincerely.

But 99% of players don't need theory (and that's fine). They want schemes. They want to come home after work/study, put together a simple and straightforward circuit and get a profit out of the action.

Give us your complete scheme, and we'll easily compare them. Players, instead of reading 2 pages, will get an actual working solution.

21 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Are you sure about that? I think unpowered fridges don't have that. If surrounding gas temperature reaches -18 they apply the "deep freeze". It may be slower to cool surrounding area at the beginning though, adding the mass of the fridge.

Yeah sorry, I should have specified that's a powered fridge. 

22 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

Give us your complete scheme, and we'll easily compare them. Players, instead of reading 2 pages, will get an actual working solution.

Look at the initial post, that's the build. The only potential modification is to exclude the liquid lock, as I've said repeatedly. 

Everyone knows how to freeze something without you: you can dump food into a cold biome, into a chamber with a Thermo-Nullifier, Wheezewort, into a AT circuit, etc. (there are plenty of examples on YouTube. I have a separate article with 10 ways to refrigerate).

You are suggesting a new way to store food. Do you have a complete solution ready so we can compare its effectiveness with my solution?

You write, "my scheme is better." How is it better? Where is the scheme? One TR is not a scheme. You are not able to add the necessary functions of delivery, automatics, etc.?

For others to be able to replicate this, the scheme must be:

1. ingredients should be served from the outside: mushroom, berry, wheat, etc.
2. they must be stored.
3. they must be used to make a dish
4. the finished dish must be stored
5. the dupes must get it quickly and easily
6. all of this (except cooking), should be done without dupes

Again: do you have a scheme that allows for this or at least some of it or just a concept?
It's a simple question. Can you answer it?

Everyone knows how to freeze something without you: you can dump food into a cold biome, into a chamber with a Thermo-Nullifier, Wheezewort, into a AT circuit, etc. (there are plenty of examples on YouTube. I have a separate article with 10 ways to refrigerate).

You are suggesting a new way to store food. Do you have a complete solution ready so we can compare its effectiveness with my solution?

You write, "my scheme is better." How is it better? Where is the scheme? One TR is not a scheme. You are not able to add the necessary functions of delivery, automatics, etc.?

For others to be able to replicate this, the scheme must be:

1. ingredients should be served from the outside: mushroom, berry, wheat, etc.
2. they must be stored.
3. they must be used to make a dish
4. the finished dish must be stored
5. the dupes must get it quickly and easily
6. all of this (except cooking), should be done without dupes

Again: do you have a scheme that allows for this or at least some of it or just a concept?
It's a simple question. Can you answer it?

As noted, you put food in via a conveyor rail, so a conveyor loader. You can use a sweeper or manual use for that, up to you. 

To be clear, this is a food storage design. That's all it does, store food without decay. If you want to add other stuff, you can do so. However, I am only interested in comparing food storage in this topic, not anything else. That's why I've been ignoring the other elements of your designs, because they are not relevant to this thread. This thread is about a build that simply stores food and makes it accessible in some way, not an entire food production line. As a result, please don't compare builds with completely different goals. If you wish to talk about builds for that, feel free to make another thread about it and talk about it there. If you want an answer, then the answer is not here. 

If you have data on power draw for the food storage elements of your build, please post them so we can compare them to the numbers for my build, that are included in the original post. 

5 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

I'll ask again (without the theory, please): is what Tranoze wrote true? Is it better to refrigerate the food itself, not just the gas? It would take me 5 minutes to transmit the diagrams. But I can't hear the answer.

In normal circumstances having either of them below deep freeze would work totally fine. If food temp below deep freeze, they work the same as both have deepfreeze.

However, if only atmosphere below deep freeze, maybe there a bug, but as @Hjoyn mentioned, most likely be save/load it will loose 0.1~2% (I dont know the exact number, so let say that.) freshness each time you save/load. If you plan to store lots of food for super long period of time and dont want any of them to go spoil while only play few hours per day (mean you save/load a lot over period of the week), you shouldn't use chlorine because of this bug.

Cool the food itself then drop them in vacuum is almost the same as cool both food and gas, as long as you have good insolation for both of them. Gas might interact with insolated tile more, but the heat loose to that is neglectable to me.

Archived