Hey Klei, is it time for Don't Starve 2 yet?

From your portfolio of the last decade it's clear you put a huge premium on creativity, novelty and experimentation. So every game you make is different. That is absolutely awesome, especially in this day and age of sequels and derivatives.

But. There's no denying Don't Starve has been your most popular game by a large margin. People are still tinkering in the single player and DST is a lively community, judging by Youtube and other content. If there's one game you could make an exception for and produce a sequel of it'd be Don't Starve, no doubt.

People are clamoring for a new single player DLC and more DST content but honestly, from a creative standpoint I think Don't Starve 2 would be way more fun for you to develop and us to enjoy. With all that you've learned you could go wild.

Recently the admin here said you read posts that stand out. Fair enough. So everyone - share your views, suggestions and love and make this post at least 10 pages long. Hopefully we'll get Klei's attention and make them think!

1 hour ago, phobs said:

sell one game 2 times?

Hah, I posted the same on Reddit and answers are like  "NO! We don't want more of the game we all like". I think most people assumed I want DS2 to be p. much the same as the original, like the endless iterations of Call of Duty or FIFA. And sure, that'd be bad.

But this is Klei we're talking about. It they made DS2 it'd be more like a brand new DS-inspired survival game. And who wouldn't want that? 

They would need a reason to make a 2nd game from DS. As you already said, it is very lively in both DS and DST and it would just force people to choose between the games and that's unnecessary. With how they push out DLC it keeps the game alive and it is basically playing a new game anyway. I believe most people are content with the current state of the game.

just because something is successful doesnt mean you have create a second, a sequel or whatever of it. this way of thinking is not always a good idea for me personally. most people in charge sadly do this and destroy the franchise. be it a movie or a show or a game. some things are better the way they are and dont need a second. for dont starve i could not really see a reason to make a second game. how would it be? different? or the same but with different graphics? a different story? that wouldnt really work in my opinion. a dlc is the best way to go in this case for me.

Archived