Why Webber Can Trade With PK?

22 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The Pig King is a liberal leader trying to revolutionize the pig civilization and end all of their antiquated norms such as racism, and is open to trade with anyone. His so-called followers do not respect his authority and ignore his will, which is why he will pay you to kill them as he has no one of his own to enact his will. Wurt, however, is just as racist as his followers (she even had the audacity to vandalize property that was not her own just because it had pigs on it) and is the one to refuse to trade with the king.

well no its a mutual thing as you see from pk's hand wave from wurt and wurts quote on the fake king he may be less of a racist but hes still in one race war

21 minutes ago, Dextops said:

well no its a mutual thing as you see from pk's hand wave from wurt and wurts quote on the fake king he may be less of a racist but hes still in one race war

It's a hand wave of peace. To the untrained eye it may look the same as his rejection animation, but if you look four dimensionally you can see that it is clearly different.

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It's a hand wave of peace. To the untrained eye it may look the same as his rejection animation, but if you look four dimensionally you can see that it is clearly different.

i mean no he does the same when you try  to give him something he doesn't want

The inability to trade with the pig king as Wurt specifically while at the same time pigs being hostile to entire 3 characters instead falls under the "perk soup" problem for me. Woodie used to gain sanity from planting pinecones, until Wormwood came out and that was no longer the case. Now we have Walter who gains sanity just by standing around trees while Woodie and Wormwood don't, it's kind of all over the place. Each character could benefit more from simply having some strong positive perks as well as a strong negative perk, with a couple exceptions (default Wilson and challenging Wes), no perk soup needed. Trouble is coming up with such traits as more and more characters are being added. That said Wilson could have some neat special science perks to help out other players for a team setting whenever his rework comes around.

From an absolute purely non-lore perspective it is unbalanced. Why does Wurt get to be the only character without a reliable source of renewable gold, one of the most fundamentally important resources in the game? Plz give us something to do with frazzled wires, for the love of god. I don't need any more desert stones.

From a canonical point of view I still find the Pig King's varying levels of racial hatred to be inconsistent and unnecessary. Pigs attack spiders on sight, spiders do not attack pigs unless provoked. Yet PK will gladly trade with Webber. But Wurt, who is more than willing to offer trades to PK, gets outright refused. So the argument that PK's dislike is contingent on his enemies' sentiments can be rationalized either way.

I say, instead of this unnecessarily complex pyramid of hatred that doesn't manifest anywhere else in the game, just get rid of this disadvantage that does nothing but force Wurt mains to switch characters if they want lightning rods.

I always interpreted as Wurt herself not wanting to trade with the King rather than the King disliking her, Webber and Wortox don't mind the pigs, but Wurt has a large hatred for them so she wouldn't want to trade. This would make complete sense... but Pig King is the one who does a refusal animation when you attempt to trade with him, not Wurt. If this is what the devs wanted to imply(Wurt refusing to trade with the Pig King), then I think it'd be a nice detail if Wurt did the refusal animation and said something like "Florp! Refuse to trade with pigfolk!" or something like that.

11 hours ago, Hornete said:

If this is what the devs wanted to imply(Wurt refusing to trade with the Pig King), then I think it'd be a nice detail if Wurt did the refusal animation and said something like "Florp! Refuse to trade with pigfolk!" or something like that.

Agreed. It would make the distinction much less ambiguous.

Archived