Webbers cookie costs

This is about webbers switcher-doodles. To get right to the point, many are too expensive to justify using them, while others are redundant or even harmful to have. The upgrade from basic to warrior spider is an jump from 100 to 400 health. so why does it cost an entire pigskin for a temporary follower (permanent followers are a bug, i guarentee it) that i could pull out of a tier 2 den and put a trap on. With the prices 99% of the time its faster to just gather up spiders than farm the materials needed. So i rebalanced a few key spiders (i’m ignoring monster meat and silk because thats there to convince them to take their medicine):

Warrior spider: same cost, produces 2 switcher-doodles.

it would be cheaper to put helmets on regular spiders than it would be to bother making warrior spiders, so i doubled up the number of doodles you get per craft, pigskins are easy enough to come by, its just hard to justify the craft for just ONE followe

dangling depth dwellers get the same treatment due to the dangerous nature of bunnies for webber

spitters: 1 pigskin and 1 nitre

nitre is a limited resource, and outside of moleworm burrows and meteor showers, once its gone its gone, i would need a full stack just to get 10 spitters, and since spiders can be fragile in a lot of situations i say the cost should be greatly reduced, if i need to mine for literal days to have a worthwhile number of spitters id just as soon remove them from my armies entirey and just have more warriors/basics, they do justify a high cost due to their nature of simultaneously being the dps and being ranged. 
shattered spiders: the price is good

the problem is they cause any self-respecting diversified spider army to implode, so make it to where their spikes dont hit spiders and we’re good to go. 

healer spider: change it from two honey to a healing glop.

yes you heard me right, make them more expensive, i can hire them easier than warriors and thats not right considering they’re the best spider to have.

Final thoughts:

i only covered the spiders legitimately worth having, cave spiders wont attract aggro without a weird butf to them, and being in their shell tanks dps

other people have ideas worth listening to about the rest of webbers kit, i just wanted to lay down some specifics about what i think is fair for the prices on these spiders

2 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

(permanent followers are a bug, i guarentee it)

I'm very positive they aren't. The code for adding a timer to their loyalty was specifically removed. Unless one of the programmers had a brain fart, this is very likely intended.

but yeah spitters and cave spiders really shouldn't cost so much.

the cost for the spitter doodle really seems excessive... 4 precious nitres for 1 spitter...... :???: 

thats 15ish days of (constant) beefalo salt licking / 160 wormwood healing or 8 living logs.. 

for solo webber players or in worlds without other nitre users it probably is whatever but i dont think its far fetched to imagine a couple of webbers quickly depleting a lot of the nitre in public servers. Like wx with gears :-(

I think it would be better if we got more cookies per craft. Like Walter's pellets. A general of 5 per craft would probably do.

Although if they want to change spiders to tiers it could work as well:

The more generalist spiders (dangling depth dwellers, Warrior spiders) we get 8 per craft
A bit less for the good ones (armored spider, shattered spider): 5 per craft
Less for the S tier ones: 3 per craft for spitters, and nurse spiders.

I'd reduce the cost on spitters a bit as well, maybe 2 nitre per craft is enough.

Side note but not less important, when you switch a spider they should immediately become friends with you.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think it would be better if we got more cookies per craft. Like Walter's pellets. A general of 5 per craft would probably do.

Although if they want to change spiders to tiers it could work as well:

The more generalist spiders (dangling depth dwellers, Warrior spiders) we get 8 per craft
A bit less for the good ones (armored spider, shattered spider): 5 per craft
Less for the S tier ones: 3 per craft for spitters, and nurse spiders.

I'd reduce the cost on spitters a bit as well, maybe 2 nitre per craft is enough.

Side note but not less important, when you switch a spider they should immediately become friends with you.

2-4 cookies would be ideal. Maybe make it a random chance of getting the extra cookie like how the hallowed nights potions work

*insert cost id too dang high meme*

I haven't even tried out the switcherdoodles yet due to the cost. And I'm playing solo. I actually want to save my nitre for other things. Like gunpowder and endo fires. So yeah, a cost reduction or increase in the results per craft would be nice.

Right now we can pick up and move around desired spiders, don't we? For free. Right now Webber instead of making switcher doodles can pick up his followers from caves and bring them in pockets. So price for switcher-doodles is kinda ridiculous, except some emergency situation (but at point where you can afford them easily, you can easily have much better things, like Glass Cutter, or beefalo).

6 hours ago, Ohan said:

the cost for the spitter doodle really seems excessive... 4 precious nitres for 1 spitter...... :???: 

thats 15ish days of (constant) beefalo salt licking / 160 wormwood healing or 8 living logs.. 

for solo webber players or in worlds without other nitre users it probably is whatever but i dont think its far fetched to imagine a couple of webbers quickly depleting a lot of the nitre in public servers. Like wx with gears :-(

For this price and how bad spiders are, we should get like 10 per craft for such cost.

6 hours ago, Ohan said:

Nitre is becoming too common among character abilities and i do think they should lower the nitre cost to 2 but at the same time spider followers are alot like beefalo all things considered if you have a nurse they pay for themselves 

Archived