Oxygen not Included Together

So I dont know if this has been brought up, but is there a possibility, that ONI will become a Multiplayer game?

We have different Asteroids that can be lived on, why couldnt there be another player controlling another asteroid?

It is the same thing as with DS. Your games are so great that I want to be able to share the experience of playing them with friends

Best Regards

Tracc

41 minutes ago, tracc said:

So I dont know if this has been brought up, but is there a possibility, that ONI will become a Multiplayer game?

We have different Asteroids that can be lived on, why couldnt there be another player controlling another asteroid?

It is the same thing as with DS. Your games are so great that I want to be able to share the experience of playing them with friends

Best Regards

Tracc

this game have not the best performance, there is allot work todo, if its even possible with unity and c#.

all that animation and stuff needed make as image animation not the code based animation. that would be first step to this location if its normally playable in multiplayer

image animation usually means it loads image from memory step by step, code based animation needs loop the code all the time and also draw that images, that is extra stress for cpu

i understand dupes are most complex ones but not all need that stile animation 

6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

all that animation and stuff needed make as image animation not the code based animation. that would be first step to this location if its normally playable in multiplayer

No

For multiplayer you need synchronize initial game state (savefile), and working errands. No need to transfer game image over network.

There should be "master" instance (source of truth), and list of "slaves", who connect to it and just assign errands.

11 minutes ago, degr said:

No

For multiplayer you need synchronize initial game state (savefile), and working errands. No need to transfer game image over network.

There should be "master" instance (source of truth), and list of "slaves", who connect to it and just assign errands.

that is not point . im talking here that there will be even more images what needs run in multiplayer. this game already have issues in single mode.

Fresh take:

It might be simpler if two players start on separate sides of the galaxy map and work together to make it to a central goal. Each player would have ownership over their colonies and assets, such that there wouldn't be a multiple producer problem. Instead the players could work together with the various tools available like interplanetary shipping to assist their friends.

1 hour ago, Veetorb said:

Fresh take:

It might be simpler if two players start on separate sides of the galaxy map and work together to make it to a central goal. Each player would have ownership over their colonies and assets, such that there wouldn't be a multiple producer problem. Instead the players could work together with the various tools available like interplanetary shipping to assist their friends.

this remind me like pvp battle, who enter center galaxy first, wins

You mean Oxygen Now Inclusive?  (I was dying to say that...)

Anyway, as others have said it's doubtful, at least any time in the near future.  I actually can't think of any decent multiplayer Unity games...  (Side rant: I try to avoid Unity games generally speaking, but I loved Klei too much to skip getting ONI in spite of it.)

6 hours ago, Blucher said:

You mean Oxygen Now Inclusive?  (I was dying to say that...)

Anyway, as others have said it's doubtful, at least any time in the near future.  I actually can't think of any decent multiplayer Unity games...  (Side rant: I try to avoid Unity games generally speaking, but I loved Klei too much to skip getting ONI in spite of it.)

well Escape from Tarkov is one off those very successful multiplayer Unity games, im sure there more, but atm this poped my mind.

anyway atm i think ONI have no plans make multiplayer. modders can try that out tho if they want

Basically, I can do it. At least, I think I can do it.

But I'm just not sure somebody will play it, because it would be really hard mode. Rules simple - 

colony live 24/7. If something happen while everybody offline, think it will die from <something>

everybody have access to colony, so, if any troll will login, he can destroy everything during a minute

this experiment might take 14 days max (because I'm greedy)

this experiment will work with vanilla game "minibase mod", because of resources

Most probably klei administration can ban me or you forever. Can not mean would

I would like to create a poll, to check how many users will play it, but look like there is no such option

32 minutes ago, degr said:

I would like to create a poll, to check how many users will play it, but look like there is no such option

Simple polling is indeed part of the forums here, do check options available when clicking on the start new topic button...

As to how a collab version of oni would come out, oh wow, I can only wonder at how many forests of coffee would have to be harvested to force feed the devs and get it out there.

Archived