Twitch Drops Are Scuffed

Watched like probably 20 hours worth of Don't Starve and I didn't get the chest. At least make those skins purchasable, because it's annoying to see people flexing with their cool stuff only because they have twitch on 24/7...

A) It has to be specifically Don't  Starve Together that you are watching, normal Don't  Starve won't work.

B) You have to specifically claim the individual gifts as you watch, due to new twitch system. You can't  just passively watch anymore.

This is pretty annoying... Also I really wish Klei would make those skins purchasable. In all honesty their twitch skins are in many cases better - looking than those you can buy with money. I have to stop working in order to get all the vanity stuff and that's not cool. It incentivizes laziness.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, Uragiri said:

This is pretty annoying... Also I really wish Klei would make those skins purchasable. In all honesty their twitch skins are in many cases better - looking than those you can buy with money. I have to stop working in order to get all the vanity stuff and that's not cool. It incentivizes laziness.

It was the "incentivizes laziness" mentality that made them change it so you only progress to the next reward if you claim it. Which is ironically led to you watching 20 hours without getting the skins. Next time read

This system is far better for me.

I get the drops over the weekends when I'm off work. I can finally tell when I can stop watching rather than the old way where I always went over the time required.

Just turn on twitch and set it to mute? Unless you have your phone 24/7 then there might be a bigger problem.... 

I don't really enjoy watching DST streams so I mostly run it in the background and the changes where I must redeem each tier before the next one starts is annoying.  BUT I do get to know how close I am to a reward without doing it all in one session, which is a decent enough trade off.

Also fyi https://accounts.klei.com/account/rewards they did kinda make them purchasable...  Give it time and you'll likely see it here for redemption.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:14 AM, Gourmand said:

It was the "incentivizes laziness" mentality that made them change it so you only progress to the next reward if you claim it. Which is ironically led to you watching 20 hours without getting the skins. It's not too bad tbh and you still have time to get it I think

First of all, I don't watch streams all the time. In fact it's been many months since I've seen a DST stream, mainly because I do other stuff.
That leads to my second point which is I wasn't aware of the changes, because of the aforementioned reason, so your attempt at being a smartass felt pretty lame. If you or other people have the time on your hands to research everything that revolves around this game or twitch, fair enough, I however don't. That's why purchasing cosmetic stuff is feasible for me and many other people.
So I'd advise you to stay in your lane if your only intention is to logic-flex in a discussion you never meant to be serious about.

As for the other people who replied, disregard all I've written above. You have my thanks.

2 hours ago, Uragiri said:

First of all, I don't watch streams all the time. In fact it's been many months since I've seen a DST stream, mainly because I do other stuff.
That leads to my second point which is I wasn't aware of the changes, because of the aforementioned reason, so your attempt at being a smartass felt pretty lame. If you or other people have the time on your hands to research everything that revolves around this game or twitch, fair enough, I however don't. That's why purchasing cosmetic stuff is feasible for me and many other people.
So I'd advise you to stay in your lane if your only intention is to logic-flex in a discussion you never meant to be serious about.

As for the other people who replied, disregard all I've written above. You have my thanks.

TLDR

Funny. You didn't read my response, but you reacted to it and changed your original reply. Speaks volumes about your hypocrisy. Maybe Klei should consider changing the Members' ranks based on their merits, contribution to the forum and mental age, because you're definitely the opposite of what a senior member should be like.
Hope this last message is short enough for you to read it. 

10 minutes ago, Uragiri said:

Funny. You didn't read my response, but you reacted to it and changed your original reply. Speaks volumes about your hypocrisy. Maybe Klei should consider changing the Members' ranks based on their merits, contribution to the forum and mental age, because you're definitely the opposite of what a senior member should be like.

Hey c'mon, no reason to be rude. Twitch drops are more about supporting content creators and incentivize streaming and watching DST content. You could always have it on in the background, but I thank it's also important to tune in into people and maybe discover streamers you might enjoy. If you have a question feel free to ask, just remember to stay positive. 

10 hours ago, Uragiri said:

If you or other people have the time on your hands to research everything that revolves around this game or twitch

i mean, it was a post here made by klei for a week or two so there wasnt really any reaseach involved

2 hours ago, Uragiri said:

hard to read someone who isnt polite since op

3 hours ago, Uragiri said:

For someone so busy working you have too much time on your hands to reply, focus this energy on getting the drops next time :lol:

I wouldn't risk the chance of getting this drop with the hope of purchasing it in the future, better make sure the streamer you watched is in the list JoeW shared in this thread, these are the streamers you can get the drop from, usually you know you can get the drops from them by the !drops tag on their streams (if they are streaming Don't Starve Together of course).

Also, you can check the progress of your drops from twitch and you should receive a notification when you can claim them, if you don't manually claim one you won't have any progress on getting the next.

image.png.803385aac2c57c46f30cc797d4422a44.png

I recommend sharing more information about your situation so it's easier to help you, like: Did you receive the icon and the portrait of the chest already? Is this the first time you are attempting to get a drop? Is your klei account linked to Steam and linked to Twitch? 

I don't know when the drop will expire, but even if you miss it try and get this clear so you don't miss the next drops!

4 hours ago, Gourmand said:

For someone so busy working you have too much time on your hands to reply, focus this energy on getting the drops next time :lol:

I don't expect from a good for nothing keyboard warrior kid to know that working people have days off, but if that'll make your miserable existence happier I'd gladly bail out of this conversation and focus my energy on things that I actually enjoy, rather than stroking a random internet troll's ego.
Feel free to post your reply after mine, like a loser in denial. I'll be long gone by that time.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:35 PM, Uragiri said:

Watched like probably 20 hours worth of Don't Starve and I didn't get the chest. At least make those skins purchasable, because it's annoying to see people flexing with their cool stuff only because they have twitch on 24/7...

I also find the new system quite annoying, at least before you could leave it on while you sleep but now you have to be active and accept first two rewards so you can leave the pc on and accept the third one later.

I prefer playing the game or spending my time elsewhere, i also have a full time job and i don't really want to waste my free time.

The issue i have with twitch streams is that most of the time you watch them, you won't be getting information about the game that you want, while if i am wondering about some information about DST, i can easily watch it on youtube video in its edited and condensed format in 10-15 minutes so that i don't waste my time.

Archived