i unraveled something by a mistake how to get it back ?

19 hours ago, Cenotaph said:

i unraveled something by a mistake how to get it back ?

I'm so sorry, but You cannot return it. Be careful from now on.

The only way to get it back, weave it, or open it in a weekly/daily gift.

• Developer

I'm working on a self-serve undo function that will be incorporated into the transaction history page on Klei Accounts. Thought it would be something everyone would like so I started throwing it together in my spare time.

No promises when that'll be available though. And it'll only have a 1 month window, so don't get too excited about getting all your old mistakes back. :( 

On 6/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, nome said:

I'm working on a self-serve undo function that will be incorporated into the transaction history page on Klei Accounts. Thought it would be something everyone would like so I started throwing it together in my spare time.

That sounds awesome. Does it apply to weaving as well? Because it sounds a bit exploitable if you could keep undoing all of your skin weaving. 

• Developer
16 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

That sounds awesome. Does it apply to weaving as well? Because it sounds a bit exploitable if you could keep undoing all of your skin weaving. 

You can undo a transaction that does spools -> items or items -> spools, but you can't undo the undo and it's only valid within a 1 month window.

17 hours ago, nome said:

You can undo a transaction that does spools -> items or items -> spools, but you can't undo the undo and it's only valid within a 1 month window.

Not sure what @W0l0l0 meant, but being able to undo weaving means that anyone with enough spools can "borrow" skins for a month at no long-term cost. Sure, wardrobe skins would go away with the undo, but any crafted belongings would stay in the world (AFAICT the game doesn't keep track of which player account crafted/skinned each item - I kept my survivor crock pots long after I traded that skin away). There would be little point in buying belonging skins for items with no limit on use (cane, pighouses, bunny hutches, chests, firepits...), at least for people who mostly play for the long-haul and stay in one world.

5 hours ago, myxal said:

Not sure what @W0l0l0 meant, but being able to undo weaving means that anyone with enough spools can "borrow" skins for a month at no long-term cost. Sure, wardrobe skins would go away with the undo, but any crafted belongings would stay in the world (AFAICT the game doesn't keep track of which player account crafted/skinned each item - I kept my survivor crock pots long after I traded that skin away). There would be little point in buying belonging skins for items with no limit on use (cane, pighouses, bunny hutches, chests, firepits...), at least for people who mostly play for the long-haul and stay in one world.

You're pretty much on the ball here. It sounds like you could "own" a skin by weaving it and undoing constantly so you basically have it permanently, but are able to undo when you get bored and use another skin with no cost. You could have 5,000 spools and effectively own every weaveable skin in the game whenever you need to. This is my main concern.

To prevent this kind of exploit at least partially, a time limit of 6 months (or maybe even more) could be set for each specific skin that has been unraveled and then "ravelled back" at no cost before that skin can be unravelled again: people will think twice before pressing "undo". I don't know the average duration of a dst server in terms of months, but 6 months already sounds like a lot. As an extra measure, it could be arranged for each skin to only allow for one "undo" action. For reference, if I'm not mistaken 1 year is the time that needs to pass on the Klei forum from when you change your nickname until you can change it again.

I'm not sure I've been clear, so here's an example: I want the clawfoot furnace, so I weave it, reskin all my furnaces and then undo the weaving action to get all my spool back. If I then want that skin back, I need to wait 6 months/1 year before I am able to weave it again, and after I weave it the second time, I cannot undo this action.

Archived