New biome. Acid precipitation (acid fog, options are possible).
The biome is inhabited by poisonous spiders, not aggressive, but when trying to kill them, they can bite. If you try to catch them with an inexperienced trapper, poison (acid) may sprinkle.

Acid fog has a detrimental effect on the health of duplicates, atmosuits also wear out, but much faster.

When you inhale acid mist, breathing worsens, oxygen consumption increases significantly, and burns appear on the body.
The duplicate requires medication.

If you breathe in acid for a long time, then dizziness begins and the duplicate begins to walk back and forth, as if he is on LSD.

Spiders secrete a cobweb that, after processing, looks like reed fiber.

Do You like this?

(google english)

I like the spider idea. I think they might fit the rust biome. Currently we got squeaky pufts there which are consuming chlorine, just like saltvines that also spawn there so chlorine is gone instantly. I`d love if we got a spider critter that created chlorine instead (maybe would feed on salt to close the cycle). It could also eat iron changing it into rust or making rusty webs. The poisonous bite could be a cool downside to it. Maybe coould require a special cure on the same station with slimelung.

the mist would be a liquid very volatile, it would evaporate at normal temperatures (for your base) and would have a very small specific heat capacity changing temperature quickly, the spiders could generate a tiny amount of heat that would boil the liquid into mist.

On 6/3/2021 at 4:30 AM, booleanman1983 said:

New biome. Acid precipitation (acid fog, options are possible).
The biome is inhabited by poisonous spiders, not aggressive, but when trying to kill them, they can bite. If you try to catch them with an inexperienced trapper, poison (acid) may sprinkle.

Acid fog has a detrimental effect on the health of duplicates, atmosuits also wear out, but much faster.

When you inhale acid mist, breathing worsens, oxygen consumption increases significantly, and burns appear on the body.
The duplicate requires medication.

If you breathe in acid for a long time, then dizziness begins and the duplicate begins to walk back and forth, as if he is on LSD.

Spiders secrete a cobweb that, after processing, looks like reed fiber.

Do You like this?

(google english)

:encouragement:

It brings back fond memories of the first games I played as a little child, very nice ideas :ghost::chunky:

image.png.62ba532edae0f3867af4fe40dbb95c7e.pngPhoto realistic graphics in 1983 - Just like outside in real

I love the fogs and spiders ideas. And since I can't read and I was sure we are talking about frogs - those would be nice too.

To be honest, I'm not sure if they need new biome - they would fit DLC swamp start perfectly.

Spiders should hunt other critters similar as venus critter trap plant. They could entangle critters in web, devour them and leave cocoon made of fiber.

Archived